Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Code] Driving/Racing AI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not a very good racer, more of a traffic bot really.
    as i said in the first post:
    use a single line of pathnodes and make sure they are all 1 way.
    have them in a smooth curve with no sharp turns, if you need a sharp turn have the speed very low. they reverse when they miss a pathnode from going too fast.

Comment

Thanks... How can I make them 1 way? I select all the pathnodes that I specify, hit F4 to see theiry properties and tick make One way path .. Does it become one way?

Comment

Have you even write the vehicle for 2 wheel cycle physics. I am totally lost of how can I write the vehicle looks more like a cycle.. The rotation are different and I don't know where to start? Do you have any good resources to make the physics for 2 wheels vehicles?

Comment

Thanks for the answer.. Another problem that I am having is that my AIControlled Vehicle always go to the player start point first and only after it reaches to the player start point, it follows to the route which is a list of waypoints. What should I do? it has been for nearly a week that I tried to solve this problem.

Comment

Hi Tegleg,
            I've been messing around with the code in my iOS game........
            Have a look.
            The bot makes laugh so much! I've also created the Lexpathnode slightly modified from yours..It has a Hazard cone image.......

http://youtu.be/LDJSJ38Av9U

Tutorials for UDK PC an iOS
            http://www.youtube.com/user/lexluthornumber1

Comment

Is there a way to get this code working with 'UDKGAME' ?

Comment

not sure i never tried. i think there might be some things that initialise UTBot in UTGame, just copy those functions into your gametype i guess.
                the other racing ai on my tutorial page will def work with UDKGame.

Comment

Sorry to revive an old threat. First I want to thank you Tegleg, love your tutorials.
                  The bot still works like a charm, I was wondering how you would actually tell the bot to stop at traffic lights.
                  I tried with Kismet but results were really underwhelming. My idea would be to tell the bot when it sees a traffic light, check the color (boolean), goto state sleep, check again the traffic light, drive

Comment

Originally posted by gegebel View Post
                    Sorry to revive an old threat. First I want to thank you Tegleg, love your tutorials.
                    The bot still works like a charm, I was wondering how you would actually tell the bot to stop at traffic lights.
                    I tried with Kismet but results were really underwhelming. My idea would be to tell the bot when it sees a traffic light, check the color (boolean), goto state sleep, check again the traffic light, drive
                    thanks

just off the top of my head,
                    if i were to add traffic lights to this i would first add a var() bool bTrafficLight; or something to the pathnode so i can change it in the editor. then link it somehow with a static mesh actor for the light itself, possibly something like var() TrafficLightActor MyLight; along with some var indicating the colour.
                    the light changing code i would also put in the pathnode, so the bot can read it straight from there, and change the colour parameters in the static mesh actors material for the lights.
                    to stop the bot you could either make the bot sleep and or ZeroMovementVariables() and or give its own pawn location for the destination.

hope that helps

Comment

Hey Tegleg,

Up to this point I have copied and pasted your code and done what the images say.

I have three nodes, but my bot vehicle isn't moving.

Do i need to update the codes like you have for it to move?

Moynzy.

Comment

might be better to give this one a try
                        https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...h-following-AI

edit:
                        for the boost time you mentioned dig into the scorpion code and search for boost.
                        its been a long time since i touched that script(s), it might even be in defaultproperties

Comment

Working...
                        X