Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Mass Effect style Interaction system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works like this.

Code:
    var PlayerController Player;

event Activated()
    {
    YourPlayerClass(Player).MyPersonalAndCoolArray;
    }

DefaultProperties
    {

VariableLinks(0)=(ExpectedType=class'SeqVar_Object',LinkDesc="Player",bWriteable=true,PropertyName=Player)
    }

Comment

Thank you ;] Yet, I have one other problem. Since I've added 'AddIcon' function into my sequence, I would like to parse it to Interaction.fla just the way the strings were parsed. How could I do that?

Comment

Bump. Anyone willing to help me a bit with ActionScript in making an inventory tutorial? Please? ;P I basically have all the UnrealScript we would need, but I still need someone with Flash know-how to make it work.

Comment

Can you create a tutorial on how to install the scripts I'm putting it in the mymod folder and recompiling it in frontend but it still does not show up. please help.

Comment

Bump. Once again - if anyone is willing to help me with ActionScript to create a tutorial about making an inventory in Scaleform, I'd be grateful for contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaldrick View Post
              Bump. Once again - if anyone is willing to help me with ActionScript to create a tutorial about making an inventory in Scaleform, I'd be grateful for contact.
              I hope you find someone willing to help you out! I wish I could but all I can do in flash is make some buttons and let them fire FSCommands...
              Really looking forward to the tutorial!

Comment

ATM I managed to display item icon, name and description in Scaleform, as seen on the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33fA8UPje_g
                If someone could help me though with launching an event everytime you click the icon, I'd be grateful.

Comment

This might sound a bit beginnerish (as i've forgotten for some reason) ... I can't remember how to apply the kismet so that it is set up to the trigger so when the player walks in it happens.... Any help would be appreciated. Also, does the 'Active Remote Event" have to be connected at all to the 'BeginInteraction" ?

Great tutorial by the way!

Comment

Hi guys, I have an issue, basically the 'BeginInteraction' option is not appearing for me because I obviously put the .uc files in the wrong place, there supposed to go in 'Development/ (your game)/ Classes' but there's the problem I don't have a folder for my game in the Development folder.
                    So is there another place to put the .uc files? I'm not sure how to get it working

Comment

you would need to place it in (your udk folder)\Development\Src\(insert name of your game\folder here)\Classes

so if you haven't already done that, you should go to Development\Src\ and then create a map with a name that suits your liking, and within that map create one called "Classes".

then in (your udk folder)\UDKGame\Config\ find a file named DefaultEngineUDK.ini

and locate the line where it says [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] where there are some lines that begin with "+EditPackages=......"

after the last line that starts with that, insert "+EditPackages=(insert name of your game\folder here)" and save.

Comment

C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Development\Src\Abyss\Classes\GFxUI_Interaction .uc(58) : Error, Bad or missing expression for token: PlayerOwner, in Call to 'CheckActivate', parameter 1
                        C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Development\Src\Abyss\Classes\GFxUI_Interaction .uc(20) : Error, 'PlayerOwner': Bad command or expression
                        Compile aborted due to errors.

Comment

Originally posted by acropole View Post
                          C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Development\Src\Abyss\Classes\GFxUI_Interaction .uc(58) : Error, Bad or missing expression for token: PlayerOwner, in Call to 'CheckActivate', parameter 1
                          C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Development\Src\Abyss\Classes\GFxUI_Interaction .uc(20) : Error, 'PlayerOwner': Bad command or expression
                          Compile aborted due to errors.
                          Same issue, it's because PlayerOwner function was removed. Replaced it with GetPC() as instructed for some other problem related to that, but the whole thing compiles, but doesn't work now.

Comment

So I want to find out why this is not working for me. I am currently using the October 2011 version of UDK, I've got the scripts to compile, (Though there were some warnings, not sure if that is bad or not), and got the sample level loaded to where it doesn't get the UH thing. I am using the sample level to just see if it works and for some reason it doesn't work. Upon playing it, it turns off the HUD like it's supposed to but NEVER goes into the interaction. Does anyone know what is wrong? I have all the files in the correct spots and it still is not working. Can someone please help because I would love to use this.

Comment

Working...
                            X