• replied
    Good job dude, nicely done

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for the response!
    sounds like i should try single material characters

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I had the same problem to be honest. Luckily in my game I only needed to apply it to NPC's with a head and a body material so I just did the same material effect twice. I haven't gone back to this effect since then to expand upon it and I cant think of a way to apply it without replacing the whole material, sorry

I may have a look over the weekend if I get some time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'v got the same issue, I'v found trying to apply this to a pawn with two materials doesn't give the right results but runs correctly with all my bots that have a single material.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Pirahni,

Thank you for the tutorial!

I have been having some transparency issues when using this material setup on characters with more than one material and wonder if you are having similar issues?

For example I can see the eyes and teeth inside of the head of my characters. I think it comes from the translucent blend mode, which seems key in how this effect works.

Also, is there anyway to apply the MIC on top of existing meshes rather than rebuilding the base materials to include these instructions. (which is how i have gotten this effect to work)

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah sorry, it's a bit fragmented because I put it in the wrong sub-forum, doh. You can find a more detailed tutorial here http://udkc.info/index.php?title=Tut...aterial_Effect

Anyway, glad you got it working

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how will i actually have this effect show up in the mesh or pawn i want it to show up in? i got the material working :} which is great by the way, but i dont know how to apply it to the mesh i want the effect to appear on.
    EDIT
    Nevermind I GOT IT! :] didnt see the other forum on the released section

Leave a comment:

• replied
    haha, Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea, I think Chrome is annoyed with my slow connection. It is working now.
    5 Stars

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It must be your side, I did a full refresh and they both loaded fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it my laggy internet? Or are the two associated images not fully loading? The Material editor and the black effects images both only halfway load. I can't see the bottom nodes at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers, but that effect is just built in GoW.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ahh cool, when I get my next loan through I'll probably end up buying them but there's like 4 to choose from. I'd like to get the Hourences one, but I'm not sure how much I would get out of it at this stage. I'm sure it has lots of tips and methods which would be good to know, but I think it's aimed more for a beginner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe Eat3D uses IF nodes for the transition gradient. Slightly different than yours, but as long as they both work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow sweat im going to try it out in a bit, will post the results thx.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X