Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job dude, nicely done

Comment

I am obviously doing something wrong, I have made the material, and the instance and set it up all in kismet but its not working on my skeletal mesh.

And the thing is I have followed the tutorial all the way through.

[shot]http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/844/wtfs.jpg[/shot]

thats what comes on screen but the model does not actually appear going from 0 - 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Piranhi View Post
        Yeah I had the same problem to be honest. Luckily in my game I only needed to apply it to NPC's with a head and a body material so I just did the same material effect twice. I haven't gone back to this effect since then to expand upon it and I cant think of a way to apply it without replacing the whole material, sorry

I may have a look over the weekend if I get some time.
        Just thought I tell you if the UDK Central is your site (If not let me know who is) as it's been spammed I found one here:

http://udkc.info/index.php?title=Tut..._snow_and_rain

Under the tut. Didn't find any other but thought it should be pointed out to somebody before who ever gets all over it and spoils it for everybody.

Cheers,

Jiff

P.S. Nice material, will have a play with that

Comment

awesome tute, thanks

i'm using scalar MIC in matinee for multuile objects. Can i individually control when / to whon each happens, or will changing the scalar param effect every instance (which atm it does)

i want like, 3 similar objects all of the same type / material, but to change their scalar params individually. Will i need 3 different MICs?

Comment

Yes phale, since you want them to change differently they are essentially 3 completely different objects, and thus need an MIC for each.

Comment

im having some hard time, why isnt it working for me?
              i did everything you said

Comment

You might get some help if you describe your problem in more detail

Comment

the wall just doesnt dissolve

Comment

Yes. You've mentioned that it doesn't work.
                    Can you post a screenshot of your material and/or kismet that controls it?
                    Or, give details as to how you tried to use it?
                    Anything that could possibly be useful in helping you figure out what you did wrong?

Comment

since UDKC is down now and i'm in the process of putting all of its tutorial on http://unrealdb.com/ i thought i'd go ahead and put it here.

Spoiler

Comment

"The actual effect is created inside of the material editor and only requires a simple texture which you can make inside of Photoshop, if you don’t have Photoshop don’t worry as I’ll also provide the material which you can find here. Texture Download. "

Does anyone have this texture download now that udkc is down?

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by evernewjoy View Post
                          *snipped*

Does anyone have this texture download now that udkc is down?

Rama
                          I have it. I'll trade ya.

Comment

Oh u meant the link. Nvm then.

Comment

Originally posted by A Rabbit View Post
                              I'v got the same issue, I'v found trying to apply this to a pawn with two materials doesn't give the right results but runs correctly with all my bots that have a single material.
                              U can make a parent material with the effect and make material inst constants for the various material slots

Comment

Udkc.info seems to be down. Can someone please link me to the above tutorial, or a similar one?

Comment

Working...
                                X