Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Tutorial]Updated_Simple Esc/Pause Menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this is a extreme noob question( I am new to UDK) but where is UTInput.ini and the playercontroller located.
    Thanks in advance

Comment

thanks m8
      but i don't find the UTPlayerController in there tho:/

Comment

thank you xnasorcerer, you help me with this tutorial to figure out how to make my own custom main menu, thank you very much.

Comment

How would I go about setting up the players Dodge function? I tried looking at how Epic mapped their movement/firing exec functions in the playerController, but it didn't make much sense to me. It was calling some other weird functions I didn't understand. Plus the dodge function isn't even found in the playerController, its within the UTPawn class.

In the Default Input.ini, whenever they have a mapped movement, they use things like aAxis -100. What does that even mean? Why do they include numbers?

Thanks! =)

Comment

What is? I made it like in tutorial (even with names) and when I play the game and press escape nothing happens. Even unreal menu won't show up. I'm using march release.
            Edit: I've added an log command to show if PressEscape function is executed. Answer is NO. So the problem must be in config file.
            Edit2: Solved. I forgot that I have changed my PlayerController to default

Comment

Could someone help me figure out why I can't get this working?
              I have tried to follow this thread and the video but my UIScene still won't appear when i press Esc.

MyPlayerController looks like this:

Code:
              class MyPlayerController extends UTPlayerController;

// Called when the player presses Escape.

exec function PressEscape()
              {
                 WorldInfo.bPlayersOnly = true;
                 SetPause(true);
                 OpenUIScene(UIScene'PostHoc.UIScene_PauseScreen.PauseScreen');
              }
              MyGameInfo looks like this:

Code:
              class MyGameInfo extends UTGame;

defaultproperties
              {
                  PlayerControllerClass=class'MyPlayerController'
                  DefaultPawnClass=class'MyPawn'
              }
              The part i've change in UTInput looks like this:

Code:
              Bindings=(Name="Escape",Command="CloseEditorViewport")
              Bindings=(Name="Escape",Command="PressEscape")
              To test the UIScene, I made a little Kismet network with a touch trigger which set off an Open UIScene. My UIScene opens that way, so i think i've got some of the script wrong.

Anyone got an idea?

Comment

Is your game running your MyGameInfo, if isnt it wont open.

Comment

erm... i'm not sure. How do i check?

Comment

You can select and run it in the editor by going to view -> world properties->work info -> game type.

In the long run you may want to add this to your MyGameInfo properties:

Code:
                    	Acronym="MG"	
                    	MapPrefixes.Empty
                    	MapPrefixes(0)="MG"

DefaultMapPrefixes.Empty
                    	DefaultMapPrefixes(0)=(Prefix="MG",GameType="MyGame.MyGameInfo")

Name="MyGameInfo"
                    Then put "MG-" in front of the maps that you want to run that game type under.

Comment

Ah ha!
                      That's my menu working when I play in editor. Thanks
                      How do I get this to work when I "Play on PC"?

Comment

If you have the prefix in the map name then it should work in the editor and through the .exe, however even though I have this working on my computer when I go to build and package my game ready for distribution it doesn't work, it just comes up with the default escape menu. Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

I have a problem using the escape key once the game is packaged and installed it goes back to the default escape menu in UDK.

Why is this?

I am using the April Build.

Comment

I think we may need to delete this line of code as well:

Bindings=(Name="Escape",Command="GBA_ShowMenu")
                            Although I haven't re-packaged my game to see if it works.

Comment

I have decided to alter the original mid game menu to my own which worked in the editor this way your guaranteed to get the desired result....the pic i posted is midgame menu, just search for it in the content browser then move the UDK assets above the screen area and replace with your own.

I tested it and it cant fail so hooraaahhh!!!!

Comment

hey nice tutorial Sorcerer!! I was able to make my own menu too...

but I have a slight problem in here.....when I press escape, the game pauses and menu comes. But when I say "Resume", the menu goes off, and the player is able to move, but Thats It, nothing else happens, the doors don't open with triggers, the gun doesn't fire, nothing....jus the player can move....how can that be sorted???

I have only done changes to my PlayerController & Input files, as you have done in the tutorial, so nothing different

Please Help

Comment

Working...
                                X