Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to follow the TopDown Game tutorial and I need to attach a Dynamic Trigger Volume to "SM_Block"

When I do this though I get this message:

"Some object assignments failed because of cross-package references."

I'm not sure what this mean or how to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Yacob3 View Post
      I'm trying to follow the TopDown Game tutorial and I need to attach a Dynamic Trigger Volume to "SM_Block"

When I do this though I get this message:

"Some object assignments failed because of cross-package references."

I'm not sure what this mean or how to solve the problem.
      I still need help on this problem. I have no idea why I get this message Does anyone have any idea why this message would appear?

Comment

How do I fix this problem.

I'm trying to set up the display message when the player doesn't have all the keys, but every time I set off the trigger the game goes into pause instead of going through the Teleport and telling the player they don't have all the keys.

I think it has something to do with the delay feature in kismet as I turn that off I can go through the teleport fine, but when I add the delay it goes into pause mode.

Comment

Today I updated the Video Tutorials page with a file containing English .srt subtitle files for each of the videos.

The subtitle files are text files with timing information, and a player like VLC can read them.

They might help non-english speakers understand what's being said some more, or members of the community could use them to make translations for their native languages. We are in the process of translating them into Korean.

Comment

Originally posted by crypton View Post
            I guess this topic is already flooded with problems :P. I haven't found any solution with search to my issue. I was doing Simple Level tutorial. In the part where I had to go to the Geometry mode and select a vertex in tutorial the move widget stayed planar but mine is under angle:

Followed everything exactly. Also when trying to make my own level this thing happens. What might cause this? Using UDK March release.

Thanks in forward.
            Switch to the World coordinate system in the toolbar. It's set to Local on yours.

Comment

When will there be some Camera tutorials? I'm struggling you see because my UnrealScript book hasn't arrived yet due to delays.

Comment

Thank you epic and buzz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snufkin View Post
                  When will there be some Camera tutorials? I'm struggling you see because my UnrealScript book hasn't arrived yet due to delays.
                  No one has. Welcome to months ago.

Comment

Hey all,

I'm thinking about doing another batch of pipeline videos of things I usually do on a day to day basis. I probably won't get to it until sometime after E3 is over, but I'm thinking about making videos on(approval pending):

Gore-how to set up gore in the editor using alt mesh weights
                    Animation-going over the animset viewer tips and tricks and workflow
                    Anim trees - going over how to do some cool stuff with skeletal controls in an anim tree.

If anyone has any interest, let me know and I'll see if I can get some approval to hit some of these. Would probably be a useful resource for UDN anyhow.

Thanks!

Comment

Gore sounds good

Comment

the more the merrier right?

Comment

Originally posted by jernst View Post
                          Hey all,

I'm thinking about doing another batch of pipeline videos of things I usually do on a day to day basis. I probably won't get to it until sometime after E3 is over, but I'm thinking about making videos on(approval pending):

Gore-how to set up gore in the editor using alt mesh weights
                          Animation-going over the animset viewer tips and tricks and workflow
                          Anim trees - going over how to do some cool stuff with skeletal controls in an anim tree.

If anyone has any interest, let me know and I'll see if I can get some approval to hit some of these. Would probably be a useful resource for UDN anyhow.

Thanks!
                          sounds cool.
                          I'd love to see more videos about how someone can create large good-looking outdoor maps though

Comment

+1 for the large good-looking outdoor maps

hmmm ... whammes are you here ?

Comment

I love these video tutorials by 3dbuzz. I had a school project to make a game in about 7 weeks, and I was able to do it with the help of all these great videos

Comment

Originally posted by anoon View Post
                                I am watching video 05_-_Kismet__005_TogglingMaterial.mp4

at 00:01:35, the viewer is instructed to add:
                                New Actor-->Material Instance-->Set Vector Param

However, when attempting this, all I see is:

New Actor-->Material Instance-->Set Scalar Param

What am I doing wrong?
                                Ive just come across the same problem lol,dose anyone know the other way to do it? ill try myself in the mean time

Comment

Working...
                                X