Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i havent seen all 3D buzz (not the eat3d tutorials...) tuts but only one that i did see had a small part about skyboxes but nothing (or too little to mention) about lensflares....

Comment

Update to Kismet VTM

Hey Guys,

I finally got around to walking through the VTMS on the weekend (well done Buzz Crew) I found that due to an update in the Jan/Feb UDK there is now an error in the VTM - in "05_-_Kismet__013_DelayedCountdown" video at around 6min 38sec they use an Action->Switch->Delayed. This node was remove from the UDK for some odd reason so I spent about 10 mins playing around to find a work around and thought I would share it with the community.

Basically what I did was used a regular Switch with 11 links and a 'Remote Event' node calle "CountDown". I then put the delay on the link from the Remote Event to the Switch so you can modify the delay time in 1 spot. Then with each Play Announcement node I send the 'Out' to an 'Activate Remote Event' node firing off "CountDown" which allows the flow of the countdown to work as if I was using a Delayed Switch.

My setup has the same layout roughly to the VTM - if anyone is not sure what I did or needs clearing instructions let me know I am happy to help.

One thing I would like to see the Buzz crew do for VTMs for the UDK in the future is focus more onthe UDK side and less on the editor side - I would have liked to see some VTMs based on "this is how you get a character and camera into your udk project" - Dont get me wrong I loved the VTMs and I have learned a great deal more. But I would have at least expected a small uscript VTM on gettig a custom character, weapon and gametype and camera system (kinda a VTM on how Dungeon Defence or Wizzle was made) that would have been AWESOME Anyway - I hope this post helps those stuck in the Kismet VTM. Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks, i will take a look on it.

Comment

ParticleDemo package is missing from the 3dbuzz_assets.zip, anyone have this file? Thanks.

Comment

same problem here

Comment

just find out the particles pack is inside the topdown pack

Comment

I guess this topic is already flooded with problems :P. I haven't found any solution with search to my issue. I was doing Simple Level tutorial. In the part where I had to go to the Geometry mode and select a vertex in tutorial the move widget stayed planar but mine is under angle:

Followed everything exactly. Also when trying to make my own level this thing happens. What might cause this? Using UDK March release.

Thanks in forward.

Comment

You have your widget pivot orientation set to local - the drop down box in the top of the screen that says "local" - click on that and set it to world. That should solve your problem.

Comment

How do I use the assets in UDK?

I'm not sure which folders to put the files into in order to use them in UDK.

Comment

Never mind I found out how to get them in now ^_^

Comment

I'm trying to set up the keys in the "Top Down Game Tutorial" and when I try and apply Collision type "COLLIDE_TouchAll" to the keys I get this message popping up:

"World geometry Actors such as StaticMeshActor_0 must block other actors or have no collision at all."

I'm not sure what I did wrong or how to fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Yacob3 View Post
                          I'm trying to set up the keys in the "Top Down Game Tutorial" and when I try and apply Collision type "COLLIDE_TouchAll" to the keys I get this message popping up:

"World geometry Actors such as StaticMeshActor_0 must block other actors or have no collision at all."

I'm not sure what I did wrong or how to fix this problem.
                          Sounds like you place the mesh as a static mesh actor instead of an interpactor. You should be able to right-click on it and choose Convert to InterpActor or you can delete the existing one and place a new one as an InterpActor.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
                            Sounds like you place the mesh as a static mesh actor instead of an interpactor. You should be able to right-click on it and choose Convert to InterpActor or you can delete the existing one and place a new one as an InterpActor.

Thanks that helped sort the problem out. I saw where I went wrong

Comment

Kismet: Toggling Material: Set Vector Param?

I am watching video 05_-_Kismet__005_TogglingMaterial.mp4

at 00:01:35, the viewer is instructed to add:
                              New Actor-->Material Instance-->Set Vector Param

However, when attempting this, all I see is:

New Actor-->Material Instance-->Set Scalar Param

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

It's probably been removed in a recent UDK version. I believe they are trying to steer more towards using Matinee for these things so that you are forced to use MaterialInstances properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X