• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much!! Really helpful for such n00bs as me 8P

Comment

Thanks, this will come in handy

Comment

Thank you!

I love these tutorials. Great way to get started. Thanks so much 3D Buzz. Epic!

Comment

great materials

These vids and the textbooks are a staple in my game design course. Very well done!

Comment

well good things
            thank you ~~~

Comment

The tutorials are awesome. So well thought out and easy to follow.

My only issue is tutorial "16 TopDownGame 022 AddingBots SpawnBots" is only half done. He was in the middle of talking and the end logo and music cuts in and the video stops. I haven't a clue how to finish the rest of the kismet because im not sure what he was doing with all of the variables and stuff :X

But still, awesome tutorials ;D

Comment

Originally posted by |Undead2k| View Post
                The tutorials are awesome. So well thought out and easy to follow.

My only issue is tutorial "16 TopDownGame 022 AddingBots SpawnBots" is only half done. He was in the middle of talking and the end logo and music cuts in and the video stops. I haven't a clue how to finish the rest of the kismet because im not sure what he was doing with all of the variables and stuff :X

But still, awesome tutorials ;D
                I just downloaded the top-down game videos and that video appears complete. Maybe you should try re-downloading it.

Comment

Has anyone had problems with "TerrainDemo.upk" in from the assets zip file? I downloaded and redownloaded it and nothing shows up for me in the Content browser. I also checked for errors and nothing came up. Other assets from the zip seem to show up just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by minejumper View Post
                    Has anyone had problems with "TerrainDemo.upk" in from the assets zip file? I downloaded and redownloaded it and nothing shows up for me in the Content browser. I also checked for errors and nothing came up. Other assets from the zip seem to show up just fine.
                    Same problem here bro...just made another post about it too...

EDIT: Forgot to mention how great your videos are! Woot!

Comment

I'm just problem prone I guess. I'm in the first Lightmap tutorial video and I've run into another problem. I have the red cube at the proper sizes, but when I switch to geometry mode and select the corners of it, exactly like he does in the video, mine do not drag straight down. My arrows for the translation widget go diagonal, not straight up and down. It skews the red box instead of moving it the way I want. If I click the red line between the corners, it drags it right on one of the views, but on the others it just looks messed up and it is certainly not going straight. This never happened before, it just started now. If I exit the program and/or start a new map I still have this problem. What am I doing wrong here? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance~

Comment

Originally posted by minejumper View Post
                        The archive at http://download.udk.com/tutorials/us...uzz_assets.zip has been updated. You can also download just the Terrain Demo at http://download.udk.com/tutorials/us...errainDemo.zip.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stabz View Post
                          I'm just problem prone I guess. I'm in the first Lightmap tutorial video and I've run into another problem. I have the red cube at the proper sizes, but when I switch to geometry mode and select the corners of it, exactly like he does in the video, mine do not drag straight down. My arrows for the translation widget go diagonal, not straight up and down. It skews the red box instead of moving it the way I want. If I click the red line between the corners, it drags it right on one of the views, but on the others it just looks messed up and it is certainly not going straight. This never happened before, it just started now. If I exit the program and/or start a new map I still have this problem. What am I doing wrong here? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance~
                          Check the dropdown menu in the Toolbar. Does it say "Local"? If so, switch it to "World".

Comment

Yeah I just saw that in the Moving Door tutorial... Thanks though~ I'm sure I'll bump into more problems though...

Comment

In the 2nd particle systems video, a package called "ParticleDemo" is used and I can't seem to find it in the zip provided. Thanks for any help you can give!

Comment

thanks 3d buzz and epic. This has been a real help on working out the engine. a couple pages back jeremy earnst said that he could do some others if we needed help with things. I was just wondering if you could do one on setting up things for your own game. The editor comes set to make UT3 games and i was wondering how you implement your own scripts for how your game works. If you could make one of these it would be really helpful. thanks again for the tutorials

Comment

Working...
                                X