X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrustec View Post
    Hey Guys,

I finally got around to walking through the VTMS on the weekend (well done Buzz Crew) I found that due to an update in the Jan/Feb UDK there is now an error in the VTM - in "05_-_Kismet__013_DelayedCountdown" video at around 6min 38sec they use an Action->Switch->Delayed. This node was remove from the UDK for some odd reason so I spent about 10 mins playing around to find a work around and thought I would share it with the community.

Basically what I did was used a regular Switch with 11 links and a 'Remote Event' node calle "CountDown". I then put the delay on the link from the Remote Event to the Switch so you can modify the delay time in 1 spot. Then with each Play Announcement node I send the 'Out' to an 'Activate Remote Event' node firing off "CountDown" which allows the flow of the countdown to work as if I was using a Delayed Switch.

My setup has the same layout roughly to the VTM - if anyone is not sure what I did or needs clearing instructions let me know I am happy to help.

One thing I would like to see the Buzz crew do for VTMs for the UDK in the future is focus more onthe UDK side and less on the editor side - I would have liked to see some VTMs based on "this is how you get a character and camera into your udk project" - Dont get me wrong I loved the VTMs and I have learned a great deal more. But I would have at least expected a small uscript VTM on gettig a custom character, weapon and gametype and camera system (kinda a VTM on how Dungeon Defence or Wizzle was made) that would have been AWESOME Anyway - I hope this post helps those stuck in the Kismet VTM. Enjoy.

Works perfect for me dude Nice One!

Comment

im having problems downloading some(most) of the links, some of them wont show the download page and some wont download after prassing download
      can someone help me?

p.s
      what do i need to do with the asset package?
      i cant import it to UDK so...

Comment

Hey, just a quick question in relation to the Simple Level tutorials.

I've put some stairs in my level, and I noticed that I can't actually go up them, the character just slides off them when I jump on them and doesn't walk on them. I was hoping that the Tutorial is going to tell you how to make that work, but unfortunately I either missed it, or it wasn't there. Any suggestions?

Comment

Love the videos

Love the 3D Buzz videos and the Jeremy Ernst videos.... they REALLY help a lot. This sets a really high standard for software video tuition. I'm impressed on so many levels. Thank you chaps, terrific work.

Comment

I had exactly the same problem with tutorial "16_-_TopDownGame_022_AddingBots_SpawnBots". Mine cut out early too, the end title and music just came and closed the tutorial early! I solved it, just redownload the Top-down Game Type video pack from the Epic site http://udk.com/documentation.

Its at http://download.udk.com/tutorials/us..._down_game.zip

Epic, 3D Buzz and Jeremy Ernst... Your work awes me. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by HEERO.YUY View Post
              Originally Posted by anoon View Post
              I am watching video 05_-_Kismet__005_TogglingMaterial.mp4

at 00:01:35, the viewer is instructed to add:
              New Actor-->Material Instance-->Set Vector Param

However, when attempting this, all I see is:

New Actor-->Material Instance-->Set Scalar Param

What am I doing wrong?

Ive just come across the same problem lol,dose anyone know the other way to do it? ill try myself in the mean time
              Has anyone found a work around for this yet? I've been looking but had no luck so far :-(
              I guess the "Material Instance>SetVectorParam" node has been removed in an update...

Comment

video 05_-_Kismet__005_TogglingMaterial.mp4 fix

I've worked out how to fix this.

instead of using "New Actor> Material Instance> Set Vector Param" which doesn't exists any more.

You need to create a new Matinee> Add New Empty Group> Add New Vector Material Param Track

Then create two key frames to animate light on/off

Plug into Kismet using the switch node as in the tutorial and set Link1> Play, Link2> Reverse.

That worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Kristof View Post
                  Hey, just a quick question in relation to the Simple Level tutorials.

I've put some stairs in my level, and I noticed that I can't actually go up them, the character just slides off them when I jump on them and doesn't walk on them. I was hoping that the Tutorial is going to tell you how to make that work, but unfortunately I either missed it, or it wasn't there. Any suggestions?
                  you need to RightClick on the mesh>set collusion type>set to block all!

the vector param thing ,it doesnt work for me
                  i need help.
                  how do i use the assets?
                  where to put them?

Comment

Will 3D Buzz be making any new tutorial's for the newer builds of UDK?

Comment

I can't say for sure; Epic hasn't asked us yet.

Zak Parrish
                      3D Buzz, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfsage View Post
                        I've worked out how to fix this.

instead of using "New Actor> Material Instance> Set Vector Param" which doesn't exists any more.

You need to create a new Matinee> Add New Empty Group> Add New Vector Material Param Track

Then create two key frames to animate light on/off

Plug into Kismet using the switch node as in the tutorial and set Link1> Play, Link2> Reverse.

That worked for me
                        I'm on the cinematic tutorial. It says I need a dynamic actor. Must have chosen the wrong thing but don't know what to choose since you didn't really specify anything. I picked the material instance but selecting the light itself still didn't work.

Quite annoyed right now. Going from a visual tutorial to trying to decipher text isn't working for me.

Comment

Thanks for the excellent tutorials!!

Comment

can some one update or made add to the TopDown Game to explane how to complete the tutorial with the new ScaleForm ?
                            i'm talking about TopDownGame__004_LivesCounter for example

Comment

The "UI_Scenes" is not included in the "topdown_test package", like it is in the video tutorial. Everything else is there except that - so I can't work through the top-down game tutorial - Please advise...
                              Thanks

Comment

Error 16_-_TopDownGame__022_AddingBots_SpawnBots

I have the same error that everyone esle is getting, the video cuts short and I can not complete the tutorial. I redownloaded the videos a couple of times yet video 22 is still not working. If anyone can upload some screencaps of the kismet required that would be much appreciated.

Also I would like to say that these tutorials are amazing and I am truly grateful for them. Keep up the good work 3D Buzz team and thank you Epic.

-Cog

Comment

Working...
                                X