Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Tutorial: An entire (very basic) UDK game

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mischa_Silden stripped version? It dies because the Mygame code is dependent on UTGame, and you don't seem to have that?

Kaldrick: "EtR-Level1", did you change the prefix in the gametype uc file? If you haven't, then ERT means nothing to the engine and it falls back on UT Deathmatch.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeKon View Post
      It works with Play In Editor and launching the map with the unrealfrontend.exe. But "Play on PC" has the First person view.
      I got it to work using "Play on PC" button by actually creating the menu. I didn't do that part of the tutorial because I wasn't at a stage were I needed a menu.

I wonder why trying to run the level through "Play on PC" without the menu didn't work?

Comment

Mistch what is the error

Comment

Originally posted by Hourences View Post
          Mischa_Silden stripped version? It dies because the Mygame code is dependent on UTGame, and you don't seem to have that?

Kaldrick: "EtR-Level1", did you change the prefix in the gametype uc file? If you haven't, then ERT means nothing to the engine and it falls back on UT Deathmatch.
          I'm not that dumb ;P

Comment

Hourences, no, I don't use the stripped version.
            I did a fresh UDK install before I started working along with your tutorial.
            I double checked, the UTDeathmatch and all the other stuff are still intact in the "C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes" folder

EDIT:
            I got it working by moving the "+EditPackages=Virgonix" under the "+EditPackages=UTGameContent" line in the "DefaultEngine.ini"
            (It was above the "+EditPackages=OnlineSubsystemLive" line before.)

Comment

Hourences, you rock! thanks for this outstanding tutorial!

Comment

In your tutorial you say this:

Now hook this event into your level. Open the Level Kismet (green K in the top toolbar), and somewhere in the empty space add New Action - UI SceneS - Open Scene. Hook it up to Level Startup (New Event - Level Startup). And add the UI Scene you made to the properties of the Open Scene.
                But how am I supposed to do that "And add the UI Scene you made to the properties of the Open Scene."?
                The tutorial doesn't say that :/

EDIT
                Never mind, I already found out.

Comment

Noob question: how do you open unrealscript?

Comment

Open With a texteditor.

Comment

thanks for this post man

Comment

While following the tutorial I got to the part where you click "Full Recompile" inside the Unreal Frontend. When I do, it seems to go well, but look at he warning I get at the end

Code:
                        [COMMANDLET 'UDK.exe make -full' STARTED IN ''] November 12, 4:08 PM

Init: Version: 5860
                        Init: Epic Internal: 0
                        Init: Compiled (32-bit): Oct 30 2009 13:16:54
                        Init: Command line:  -full -DEFENGINEINI=..\..\UTGame\Config\DefaultEngineUDK.ini
                        Init: Base directory: C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\
                        Init: Character set: Unicode
                        Log: Executing Class UnrealEd.MakeCommandlet
                        --------------------Core - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\Core.u'
                        --------------------Engine - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\Engine.u'
                        --------------------GameFramework - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\GameFramework.u'
                        --------------------UnrealEd - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\UnrealEd.u'
                        --------------------UnrealScriptTest - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\UnrealScriptTest.u'
                        --------------------IpDrv - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\IpDrv.u'
                        --------------------OnlineSubsystemPC - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\OnlineSubsystemPC.u'
                        --------------------UTGame - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\UTGame.u'
                        --------------------UTEditor - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\UTEditor.u'
                        --------------------UTGameContent - Release--------------------
                        Analyzing...
                        Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\UTGameContent.u'
                        --------------------MyGame - Release--------------------
                        Warning, Can't find files matching C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Development\Src\MyGame\Classes\*.uc

Warning/Error Summary
                        ---------------------
                        Warning, Can't find files matching C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Development\Src\MyGame\Classes\*.uc

Success - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
                        Execution of commandlet took:  20.22 seconds

[COMMANDLET 'UDK.exe make -full' SUCCEEDED] November 12, 4:09 PM
                        I cannot move on because of the missing .uc file. When I try to move on to the next step with the editor -log on the shortcut it promptly tells me to recompile. I click the button that pops up, and this time when it gets to the warning it doesn't move on.

Any help?

Comment

You have the three UC files that were in the zip file in Development\Src\MyGame\Classes\ right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hourences View Post
                            You have the three UC files that were in the zip file in Development\Src\MyGame\Classes\ right?
                            yep. I tried changing them, but that didn't work, so I directly copied them without any changes.

It's supposed to create that file itself, isnt it?

Comment

You didnt change them too much?
                              The files work, you must have them in the wrong dir, or with the wrong name, or modified them?
                              Get the zip again, and extract them again to be sure?

Comment

Yep, gone through 3 times now. 2 times with the exact files you gave. Same problem each time.

I also just checked and saw that MyGame.u isn't being created in \UTGame\Script either

Comment

Working...
                                X