Using one-off animations from the animtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using one-off animations from the animtree

I've been reading the animation tree documentation, but I'm sorry to say that I can't fully grasp it. I'm looking for a way to add an animation that's activated by a key press, and having that animation inside of the CH_Human animation tree. But I don't know what kind of blending node it should be attached to, or where in the already-pretty-large human anim tree to place that node. My goal is just a basic melee attack animation.

Even though I can use PlayCustomAnim, I'd like to do it from the Anim Tree so the animation is fully replicated.

Originally posted by -kman- View Post
    Even though I can use PlayCustomAnim, I'd like to do it from the Anim Tree so the animation is fully replicated.
    I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure it won't "just" get replicated because it's in the AnimTree. whatever it is that makes it blend in inside the animtree must be replicated as well. for example if you use a blendbyproperty node, well you need to replicate the property. thing is, the default nodes are already probably being replicated or something.

I did this myself by replicating the vars that drive a PlayCustomAnim node (check tutorial in my signature), which makes all of my custom animations replicate

Comment

I followed your tutorial and it's working. Thank you very much!

Though it seems to only let me play the animation a single time. Shouldn't be too hard an issue to figure out, though.

Comment

glad that worked for you

the function includes a bLoop parameter, which makes it loop (indefinately). making it loop a specific number of times would require extending this significantly. thing is this is meant to be used for one-shot animations like specific actions (a melee attack for example), while looping animations of non-one-shot actions are better handled in the animtree

Comment

Actually, my problem was I didn't know what the toggle was for. Since it wasn't changing after an animation, the same animation couldn't be triggered twice in a row. An easy fix when I realized my mistake. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X