Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't join network game when on same map in singleplayer

I have a very weird bug I'm trying to debug:

Whenever I am on a map in singleplayer, and try to join a multiplayer game that is on the same map (open 127.0.01), it just loads the default map as single player.

When joining a multiplayer map while on a different single player map it connects and loads in fine...

Has anyone experienced this issue, or know why this might be happening? The server never logs that a player is trying to join when then player is coming from a singleplayer game of the same map.

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem, trying to join a local game and always failing. it was caused by running the game while I had Steam running as well

Comment

Thanks for the response @Chosker. However with Steam closed the problem still persists.

It only happens when the client loads a map locally, then tries to join a server which is running the same map. The client then just loads the default map locally.

Does anyone know where I can look into the code that happens when a client runs 'open 127.0.0.1' from the console, so I can go about debugging this?

Comment

Working...
      X