Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matinee with unrealscript control for day night cycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matinee with unrealscript control for day night cycle?

I'm looking to create a day night cycle in matinee. There are a few tutorials on how to do this and matinee seems to be appropriate for this task.

During a network game, is it possible to set a newly joined player to any specific point in the matinee sequence so that all players are seeing the same 'time of day'?

Should I be looking at another method instead of using matinee?

Thanks in advance

matinee works like that in a network game anyway
    at least it does on tegs playground multi

Comment

Thanks @tegleg. Do you mean that you can replicate a matinee sequence? Can you point to any examples where this is being used in UT script, or maybe any examples from the forum?

Comment

By default Matinee runs server side, although sometimes the animation on clients is more jittery than server for obvious reasons like lag:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Matin...%20Replication

"Matinee Replication
        Matinee objects that have bClientSideOnly set to false are automatically replicated from server to client. Whenever the action is activated on the server, the server sends that information to the client and keeps them in sync.

Note that this automatic replication only handles Actors with bStatic or bNoDelete set on them (that is, Actors that must be placed in the level in UnrealEd) and the Object variables connected to the matinee must be set to the desired objects in UnrealEd (not at runtime via another action). Actors for which this is not the case are repsonsible for replicating changes caused by matinee themselves using their own UnrealScript or C++ replication code."

Comment

i just followed probably the same tutorials as you, did nothing extra regarding replication and it was one of those rare occasions where it just worked

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

I'd replicate the rotation , if bnetinitial , and i would go and make it be simulated proxy

Why bInitial ? " only replicate when a player joins "
              Why Simuated proxy ? , do you really need to have such big calculations in the server for something Absolutely visual ?
              and of course simulate it on the client.

Comment

Working...
              X