Strikethrough text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strikethrough text

Is there a way to apply the strikethrough text effect natively with UnrealScript? I'm using the Canvas.DrawText function to actually show the text string to the user. I've done the usual look around but to no avail, so here I am asking if it's even possible?

I know I could create my UI using Scaleform, but I'm trying to avoid this if at all possible, considering most of the work is already done using UnrealScript solely, it'd be a shame to just have to use Scaleform to write a bit of text.

Alternatively, I can just draw a 2d line over the text if it's not possible, I'm just curious to know whether or not it's a possibility.

not sure theres anything to do it for you
    what about importing a font with strikethrough

Comment

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
      not sure theres anything to do it for you
      what about importing a font with strikethrough
      I did think of this, but I couldn't find any font that looked "normal", they were all fancy and over the top. If anyone knows of a font with this, please do tell.

Comment

Canvas does not support text decorations, so you will have to implement that as a helper function on your own. Shouldn't be difficult, though, as you only need to figure out the text size and draw a vertically centered horizontal line over the text drawing rectangle and defined by the initial position and the width and height returned by TextSize(). Things may get more difficult if you want to use the built-in wrapping.

Comment

Working...
        X