Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random generating world phisics questions

https://www.facebook.com/FearNature?ref=bookmarks

in the above link u will see a picture of a tarrain chunck with programmed assests, theres to big problems at the moment,

1. The fps is pretty messy because its rendering every actor at once. I want a toggle mesh hidden or render on and off depemding on distance from player, basically the same way fallout3 had the settings for actor fade.

2. The tarrain chuncks either increase or decrease in Size.Y on level start and the tarrain chunck itw self is prebuilt as a static mesh, then with per polly collision, it allows a good walking ground for the player, now it seems this problem dosnt affect the pawn, it seems as thow the kactors that collid with the per polly collision model only seem to pickup its defualt collision and will sometimes pase threw the ground or float ontop of the tarrain static mesh. basically the if i change the drawscale3d.Y to 0.1 in somethijg like postbeginplay the kactors will still think the
    Drawscale3d collision .Y is still 1.0
    any help on these issuses would be great

Use consolecommand "nxvis collision" and/or PhysX Visual Debugger to find out what's going on.

The first thing I'd try would be to change the PrimitiveComponents Scale3D instead of DrawScale3D on the Actor.
    You can also try to combine multiple Terrainmeshes into a single Actor.

Comment

for 1; use a CullDistanceVolume. if you want better fading in and out, make sure you activate the tick 'used with screendoorfade' inside all the materials of the stuff that will be distance-culled

Comment

Ok so i got the actor fad done. Now the only problem is the kactors not colliding with tarrain model weell, the real problem is the kactors cause the problem dosnt affect the pawn

Comment

Working...
        X