X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for swithing camera systems

Hello everyone,

I am currently doing an Action Game.

I wish to integrate the ability to switch between different cameras First Person, Third Person, Isometic View and Top View with a switch when player press an keyboard key.

I have carefully studied CameraTechnicalGuide

unfortunately, contrary to the documentation, My Pawn class is not extends UTPawn, but extends UDKPawn.

I tried to do with Kismet system. With <attach to actor> and <set camera target> but when my player dies and spawn again in the begin of level, the camera attachement don't reset and be locked on the place of die.

I think it would be better to go through the scripting. But I have no idea where to start. I found no documentation to lean on.

I tried to assign an camera class change when input pressed but frontend say that not possible to assign an other class because it is an constant.

Do you have some way to which I can direct me ? Some technical guide for begin ?

Thank you in advance for your precious help.

Regards,

Karim

essentially,
    CalcCamera()
    and
    case

check here, says its for vehicles but a vehicle is a pawn so it works the same way using CalcCamera
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post28480041

Comment

@tegleg,

Work very fine !

I thank you very very much tegleg !

Comment

It only remains for me to find a way to have aiming my character in all camera

thanks again tegleg !

Comment

Working...
        X