Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

I got UNREAL ENGINE 4!!. Updated with video. See first post.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by belven View Post
    Thanks, that eased my mind. Can you point me to the UR4 Snippet please?
    Go into my signature ue4 faq. It's propably that snippet.

Also, another question, is it possible to export for example particle Systems from ue3 and import them into ue4?

Comment

@RattleSN4K3

That article looks old. Just look at Fortnight if you want to see a break from 1st or 3rd person FPS's with UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by cube2222 View Post
        Go into my signature ue4 faq. It's propably that snippet.

Also, another question, is it possible to export for example particle Systems from ue3 and import them into ue4?
        one thing we can not talk about yet, is talk about the tool set, as we have all signed NDA's.

Comment

The first rule of UE4 is you cant talk about UE4!

Comment

You can but that has consequences

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
              A few of us community members were given licenses.
              Hey folks, just to clarify: Some folks posting on the forums here have been given access to UE4. All license terms are confidential.

Comment

I love it so far.

Programming is not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. If you are coming from UnrealScript, then you shouldn't have much of a difficulty curve getting over to what they currently use.

Comment

A couple of questions about the C++ in Unreal Engine 4.
                  1) How does it edit the code, do you edit in a inline editor window, or does it jump out to Visual Studio?
                  2) If it links to Visual Studio, does it require a full version of Visual Studio, or are the Express Editions sufficient?

Thanks.

Comment

How much more freedom would you say does C++ give you compared to UnrealScript? Does it still feel like hitting a brick wall after a while? And is it at least to some extend possible to interact with the editor from the code and perhaps customize it to your project's needs?

Comment

but what are the games everyone (the big companies) is working on.
                      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction

Here is one!

Comment

Originally posted by TeraBit View Post
                        A couple of questions about the C++ in Unreal Engine 4.
                        1) How does it edit the code, do you edit in a inline editor window, or does it jump out to Visual Studio?
                        2) If it links to Visual Studio, does it require a full version of Visual Studio, or are the Express Editions sufficient?

Thanks.
                        There are already videos published by epic.... Yes, it jumps into visual studi, and gets compiled even while you play in editor.

Comment

There are already videos published by epic.... Yes, it jumps into visual studi, and gets compiled even while you play in editor.
                          Cool thanks. Does it require the full Visual Studio package, or are the Express Editions Sufficient?

Comment

You could use even notepad if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                              How much more freedom would you say does C++ give you compared to UnrealScript? Does it still feel like hitting a brick wall after a while? And is it at least to some extend possible to interact with the editor from the code and perhaps customize it to your project's needs?
                              I have this video showing the c++ in action

I really felt the benefit of the C++ when I made the shapeshifting platform object that has replicating morphing collision

starts around 8:15

I also felt the benefit of c++ when doing the in-game color picker! Starts around 5:20

All I can say is, I'm pretty confident I can do ANYTHING now

and replicate it too!

You will love it!

That might sound vague, but remember, its C++, whatever you can do with C++ you can now do within the engine.

Just for giggles I even opened a windows explorer pre-set to my c:\ from the c++, while in game, with the press of a button

Everyone get ready to see some wild new games coming out, thanks to UE4!

Comment

You could use even notepad if you'd like.
                                No...Visual Studio is fine.

I know it's just linking to a DLL (and the Express Editions of c++ can do that just fine).

The reason I ask is that sometimes the plugins (for creating the class types and handling Unreal specific things in VS), require the full Version of Visual Studio.
                                I ran foul of that with CUDA development a year or two ago, as the debugging / plugins required a full VS version to run.

Comment

Working...
                                X