This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, TeraBit

3) Yup, sounds good. Although a 'Reset Layout' button to go with that would probably be handy too!
    I think you talk about the position of the different view/panel into IDE (it is also a great idea). But I was talking about the position of the IDE windows itself… where it is on the desktop. Ex: I look in browser a code snippet on the left half of my screen and on the right half of my screen I put the IDE. Then I hit play, the IDE go beside the game which is good, but when I hit stop the screen go back maximize instead of going back on the right half of my screen.

4)Some good suggestions, although you can do similar things to the Previous / Next buttons by clicking on the 'Found' Dropdown and using the up/down arrows, or mouse wheel. !
    Agrees that 1-3 was just some idea for improvement, because the find window, in is current state, is good. But the main thing was the point 4, because having a shortcut that can go directly to the next occurrence without having to copy, open the find window, past and click enter to go to the next occurrence is far more efficient :P.

6) Not sure I follow you. Do you mean show what the shortcut key for the button is?
    For example in the menu bar, under file menu, you put ctrl+s beside save and ctrl+p for print. You should do this for all menu items. Same thing for the button like play you put f5, but not for all the button.

9)Some interesting ideas, I am a little wary of making some of the views too complicated. The overall way TeraIDE handles things is to make the most important information clearly available. My own experience of editors that have provided similar things is that if it has too many columns and too complicated a tree, I never really use it. :/ Will see how things pan out.
    Agreed, keep the default simple, but 2 or 3 optional column for this view could not be damageable .

Thanks for all! The full version work like a charm, great work again!

Comment

TeraIDE 1.07 is up, and will Auto Update next time you run.
      Updates to Find & Replace, workflow etc..
      • Added a Find Previous Button to Find and Replace Dialog.
      • New shortcuts for Erm...Most everything really, these are shown next to menus and are also visible on the Menu items.
      • TeraIDE now remembers the window position when you do a test run of your game and will restore size, position and state (Maximized etc.) when the game exits.
      • Save all no longer make the tabs flash
      • Find and Replace now has a most recently used list and will do an 'AutoComplete' on recent find items.
      • Highlighted sections will now trigger different behaviour in Find and Replace. If you have more than one line selected, it will default to 'Find in Selection' if you have less than a whole line selected, the selection will automatically be placed in the 'Find Box' and it will default to 'Find in Current Document'
      • Misc. tweaks and updates.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Comment

Find a bug with: "TeraIDE now remembers the window position when you do a test run of your game and will restore size, position and state (Maximized etc.) when the game exits". See the 3 screenshot above.

1- http://s3.postimg.org/86g5fcxir/2014_02_07_10_49_17.png

2- http://s22.postimg.org/6v4kx23v5/201...7_10_50_17.png

3- http://s27.postimg.org/fscahjij7/201...7_10_50_58.png

Comment

I'm guessing you're using the 'WINKEY + ARROWS' shortcut to put things side by side on the desktop? That seems to be the only way I can make it mess up, if I just resize the window and drop it somewhere it seems to work as normal.

Hmmm, I think it is a special window state that is not covered in the reported (Minimize, Maximize, Normal) and doesn't appear to report the actual window position.

Will let you know what I find. Thanks.

Comment

TeraIDE 1.08 is up, and will Auto Update next time you run.
            Minor Update to fix some specific problems with remembering window position.
            • Window Position fix for Snapped Windows.

Let me know if you encounter any (more) problems.

Comment

Hi, so more feedback .

1) This for the Launch UDK Editor: "TeraIDE now remembers the window position when you do a test run of your game and will restore size, position and state (Maximized etc.) when the game exits".
              2) Also, Save position on exit for next start of the IDE.

3) When I hit ctrl+f on selected text it go in the find window and f2/f3 can go next/previous and it still working after the find window is close, all this is good. But, when i
              select other text and hit directly f2/f3 (without hitting ctrl+f before) it go to the next/previous occurrence of the last find, instead of the currently selected text. Should go on next/previous occurrence of last find if no text is selected, but go on next occurrence of current selected text when some new text are selected (place the selected text as last find without the ctrl+f and only the f2/f3).

4) Class tree view alphabetic order is bugged, seam to have 3 different part sorted alphabetically under object class (
              http://s16.postimg.org/prcslov9x/201...1_23_40_05.png).
              5) After I use the filter in class tree view, when I remove the text all the class are expended instead of been like it was before the filter (plus currently selected class).
              6) The shortcut key (undo, copy, past, ...) don't work in the filter field of the class tree package in booth view type, but the contextual menu work. It always do its action (undo, copy, past, ...) in the code section when the focus is on the filter field if you use key shortcut, a bit annoying. Same issue with all text field in the launch option window, I guess its the same in other place :P.

7) Give the option to use the 64 bit executable when running the game or server or l
              aunching the Editor (C:\UDK\UDKGame\Binaries\Win32 UDK.exe OR C:\UDK\UDKGame\Binaries\Win64 UDK.exe). Currently the game and the editor always run from the 32 bit executable.

Small edit, I find stuff in the
              new class window:
              8) T
              he shortcut key don't work in class field (undo, copy, past, ...) but the contextual menu work and the shortcut key work in other field like description and class filter.
              9) In the new class window, you cannot type or copy/past text in the extends field, you must select the class in the tree, kind of annoying.
              10) The class filter at the bottom of the class tree have the same bug with the class tree view as point 5).
              11) The code package should be
              selectable in a drop down box, currently must quit the window, select the good package, right click, select new class ... tedious process. This will allow the right click for new class when you are in class tree in tree view mod (ex: make the selected class in tree view mod as extents value, and the package empty with selectable value). Also, will allow the new class window to be available everywhere when your in package view (ex: the new class contextual menu item is disable in engine package, should be available and open the new class window with empty package field, so will be able to choose the package instead).
              12) Also, you should have a button in the new class window to create a new package (like you have in the class tree).

Comment

TeraIDE 1.09 is up, and will Auto Update next time you run.
                Fairly large update to fix a few things and add a few things.
                • Window location, size and state saved between sessions.
                • Updated default autocomplete with some missing entries.
                • Added ability to Delete Classes and Code Packages from the Code Tree.
                • Fixed the broken shortcuts keys in Launch editor etc.
                • Added a new scope to the Search Dialog 'Log' allows you to search the log.
                • The New Class Dialog now correctly marks Post/Pre events as simulated depending on the state of the parent class.
                • PreBeginPlay now comes more logically before PostBeginPlay events.
                • Added a new Standard Theme called 'Visual Studio'
                • New Code packages no longer add a default gameInfo class

A lot of bits are fairly new, so let me know if you encounter problems.

Comment

First of all let me begin by saying this is one of the best IDE's for UnrealScript I've had the pleasure of using... and that is saying alot.

If I may make some feature suggestions (I bet everyone does this). While the Intellisense is good I find it a bit annoying when I am just typing out a keyword such as "if","for", or "local" and it decides to put some inherited class variable I wasn't ware existed until then. Don't get me wrong it's one of the best implementations of intellisense next to Visual Studio but some times it kind of steps on itself and gets in the way.

Okay so the first one was more of a bug/annoyance, this one is a real feature request... Multiple Projects. I currently have 3 UDK installations on my computer, It's a pain I cannot open two at a time with the same UnrealScript Editor. This is a common theme among nearly all but the basic UnrealScript Editors I am finding. This is useful because then I can look up code I wrote for Project 1 that fits Project 2. Do it all the time in C# for Visual Studio, kind of nice.

Anyway Keep up the great work, this is a great product for UnrealScript.

Comment

Hi ArcainOne,

>>> While the Intellisense is good I find it a bit annoying when I am just typing out a keyword such as "if","for", or "local" and it decides to put some inherited class variable I wasn't ware existed until then.

True. Intellisense is difficult to get right, as it will try to help no matter what you're doing. However 'if', 'for' and 'local' are all in the intellisense list, so they should be what it fills in when you type those examples, at least that is what it does on the current build (1.09), but I have tweaked the intellisense a few times since version 1.0. May need to update the trial to the latest code at some point.

>>> I currently have 3 UDK installations on my computer, It's a pain I cannot open two at a time with the same UnrealScript Editor.

TeraIDE will focus on one installation of UDK at a time, but you can work around this by launching more than one instance of it. Initially the new instance will launch on the same project, but you can change UDK directory from the menu as normal and you will be able to get both running side by side.

I think a project menu might be a good addition, where instead of keep picking the folder from the drive list, it could keep a list of each folder you open and allow you to either switch to it, or launch another instance for that project separately. Hmmm.

Comment

Small bug with my custom theme. The Small bracket on the left for show/hide part of the code don't show the + and - symbol, its only small white box: http://s28.postimg.org/7xkl5493x/201...5_14_54_30.png

Here my theme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxmelnn77m8ma68/Mine.THM

I Also like the idea of the project menu .

The point 2) and 6) of my last post are fixed btw thanks . Your doing a amazing job. Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by TeraBit View Post
                        True. Intellisense is difficult to get right, as it will try to help no matter what you're doing. However 'if', 'for' and 'local' are all in the intellisense list, so they should be what it fills in when you type those examples, at least that is what it does on the current build (1.09), but I have tweaked the intellisense a few times since version 1.0. May need to update the trial to the latest code at some point.
                        Yep, you are right that those key words work fine, but (after going back to programming) I found what was bothering me. It comes out when I am writing String values. When I am writing a double quote string the intellisense is still trying to suggest things, and when I press the space bar it puts down what ever it is currently over, so canceling intellisense while writing a string would be useful. One other thing I may suggest is an option to turn off "spacebar" auto complete. I suggest an option because some people may like it. I personally am more used to hitting the enter key to confirm an auto complete suggestion because spacebar is a commonly used key for everything and hitting the ESC key is a bit out the the way to cancel out of intellisense mode.

I think a project menu might be a good addition, where instead of keep picking the folder from the drive list, it could keep a list of each folder you open and allow you to either switch to it, or launch another instance for that project separately. Hmmm.
                        It would be an awesome addition to your product

Comment

>>> project menu
                          It would be an awesome addition to your product
                          This is almost ready to roll out, so will be in an the 1.1. update soon.

When I am writing a double quote string the intellisense is still trying to suggest things
                          When you add a literal string such as:

MyString = "Blah Blah Blah";

The intellisense turns off once it hits a " and on again once it hits the closing ". Did you mean single quotes?
                          Actually Single Quotes don't seem to be working as they should... Ok Fixed.

One other thing I may suggest is an option to turn off "spacebar" auto complete.
                          Actually quite a few keys trigger AutoComplete by default: "{", "}", "[", "]", "(", ")", ",", ":", ";", "+", "-", "*", "/", "%", "&", "|", "^", "!", "~", "=", "<", ">", "?", "@", "#", "\", "'", """

Comment

This is almost ready to roll out, so will be in an the 1.1. update soon.
                            Can't wait, looking forward to it!

When you add a literal string such as:

MyString = "Blah Blah Blah";

The intellisense turns off once it hits a " and on again once it hits the closing ". Did you mean single quotes?
                            Actually Single Quotes don't seem to be working as they should... Ok Fixed.
                            Okay... I swear to you I managed to trigger the intellisense and autocomplete on a double quote string literal this morning... even double checked it... but now it seems to be working as you described, oh well

Actually quite a few keys trigger AutoComplete by default: "{", "}", "[", "]", "(", ")", ",", ":", ";", "+", "-", "*", "/", "%", "&", "|", "^", "!", "~", "=", "<", ">", "?", "@", "#", "\", "'", """
                            Okay so I think the problem is simply I love Intellisense but dislike autocomplete, and while you can cancel the intellisense by pressing the ESC key it's a pain. It would be nice to have an option in the Editor Options that allow you to turn off the autocomplete except for when you hit a specific key (like Enter). Theoretically all your variables and functions should be defined ahead of time which would mean that it's completely valid for the intellisense autocomplete functionality to go a head and replace your currently typed words what ever is defined in intellisense and useful for people like myself who just can't remember how something is spelled... but some times thing's just are not in place and you want to keep typing to complete your thought and go back and define your variables. Also... sometimes... (even in Visual Studio) intellisense is just wrong... something hasn't been updated or a glitch has put the wrong word in place, etc.

I know, I work in software and I know users often have some annoying requests but I really do appreciate the work you have put into this product and your timeliness in responding to my posts. I will definatly be recommending this to my friends and my team as we move forward in our development of our game. Thanks!

Comment

TeraIDE 1.10 is up, and will Auto Update next time you run.
                              A few fixes and a new feature or two.
                              • Fixed Themes with a white background making Folding Nodes hard to read.
                              • Fixed ' key not suppressing AutoComplete except on Classes etc.
                              • Added 'Projects Folder' menu which remembers any installation of UDK that you have already used TeraIDE on (i.e. you will need to have switched to it using the Menu Item 'Change UDK Directory under Options'). From then on it will appear in the Project Folders menu and can be switched to quickly or by selecting the sub menu you can open it in another instance of TeraIDE.
                              • New option in the 'Editor Options' dialog to only AutoComplete on the Enter Key.

Comment

TeraIDE 1.10 is up, and will Auto Update next time you run.
                                A few fixes and a new feature or two.
                                • Fixed Themes with a white background making Folding Nodes hard to read.
                                • Fixed ' key not suppressing AutoComplete except on Classes etc.
                                • Added 'Projects Folder' menu which remembers any installation of UDK that you have already used TeraIDE on (i.e. you will need to have switched to it using the Menu Item 'Change UDK Directory under Options'). From then on it will appear in the Project Folders menu and can be switched to quickly or by selecting the sub menu you can open it in another instance of TeraIDE.
                                • New option in the 'Editor Options' dialog to only AutoComplete on the Enter Key.

It's awesome! Thanks for the rapid update!

[Update]
                                Been playing with the new features, they make my life SO much easier! Intellisense is working great with the enter key option enabled and the ability to open up my other projects and peek at my old code makes my development time much smoother. Thank you SO much!

Comment

Working...
                                X