This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Very small one. When I quit the IDE and re-open it, the rulers is not showed in the editor. But the option still selected in the editor menu. I have to unchecked and rechecked it to make it appears.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TeraIDE 1.12 is live and will Auto Update next time you run.
    The usual mix of features and fixes...
    • Fixed issue with tree component leaving branches open once a filter is deleted (Applies to New Class Dialog, Settings Manager and Main Class Filter).
    • Fixed: Shortcut keys not working in the New Class Field (In the New Class Dialog)
    • New: Added New Code Package Button (In New Class Dialog)
    • New: The Editor Settings backend has been replaced so as to Persist Settings across new versions, so this should be the last time you need to re-do all your settings on an update. Yay!
    • New: A handy by-product of the new Settings Back End is that it handles settings on a per-project basis, so you can specify different Lauch Settings, Maps etc. for each project.
    • Tweaked: The focus should work properly in the Settings Manager now (Scroll Wheel etc.)

A lot of things are new, so let me know if you encounter problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1) The only new one in the list. The IDE doesn’t remember the last use launch option after an update of the IDE. Have to reset it every time I update. kind of annoying, since we have a update every 2-3 days .
    Yeah, this was starting to get on my nerves also, so I replaced the Editor Settings Persistence backend, so it now persists settings between updates (has a Settings.IDE file in the TeraIDE folder).
    Another practical benefit of the new version (1.12) is that it maintains a different set of settings for each project, so you can have different themes, default maps, launch options etc. on a per project basis.

The others are still on my to-do list...

It's sad that the debugger.dll you use don't have working 64bit version, sure you will figure it out eventually. Just out of curiosity, which debugger you use?
    I wrote it myself to the UDK spec. Unfortunately I am using the Express Version of VS c++ 2010, which doesn't allow you to output 64 bit versions of your code (the workarounds online don't seem to work for me either).

It's probably not just as simple as recompiling for 64 Bit, otherwise I'd find someone with VS pro 2010 and get them to recompile it. Fortunately I'm still not convinced that there is any practical benefit of developing on the 64 Bit version, so it's not really a show stopper....

I just noticed that the multi-player feature is in. Checked with the earliest version I have (1.06) and the feature was already in. I just never saw it before in launch option lol. The feature is not mention in any change log, so I guess it was there since the release. Also, still have to test it.
    Just the User interface, the control code is not yet implemented.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work as always, you continue to tackle down issue and feature at an impressive pace.

Here the updated list of bug that still in or feature that can be added:

1) The only new one in the list. The IDE doesn’t remember the last use launch option after an update of the IDE. Have to reset it every time I update. kind of annoying, since we have a update every 2-3 days .
    2) In the new class window, the shortcut key don't work in class field (undo, copy, past, ...) but the contextual menu work and the shortcut key work in all other field. Still in…
    3) Add a button in the new class window to create a new package (like you have in the class tree).
    4) Shortcut to go to the next occurrence of current selected text or the current word where the cursor is if no selection. Like ctrl+ f2 for previous occurrence and ctrl + f3 for next occurrence. The f2 f3 would continue to go to the next/previous occurrence of the last text putted in the find window.
    5) AutoComplete/InteliSense still have trouble with array.
    6) After I use the filter in class tree view (in the UDK class tree side panel and the new class window), when I remove the text all the class are expended instead of been like it was before the filter (plus currently selected class). You already told me in an email that it is an issue of the component you use, so will take time to implement a work around.

It's sad that the debugger.dll you use don't have working 64bit version, sure you will figure it out eventually. Just out of curiosity,
    which debugger you use?

Still have to test the early implementation of your 'bookmark'/history feature, but seems nice.

I just noticed that the multi-player feature is in. Checked with the earliest version I have (1.06) and the feature was already in. I just never saw it before in launch option lol. The feature is not mention in any change log, so I guess it was there since the release. Also, still have to test it.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TeraIDE 1.11 is up, and will Auto Update next time you run.
    A few fixes and a new feature or two.
    • Fixed window going to maximized after closing UDK Editor.
    • Fixed sorting of Class Tree Lists in several views.
    • Added the ability to type into a filtered list for Extending Classes in the New Class Dialog.
    • Changed the Code Package Text Box to a Drop Down list of Code Packages in the New Class Dialog.
    • Added the first draft of a Document Navigation System (Think Browser Back/Forward).

A lot of bits are fairly new, so let me know if you encounter problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, Here's where we are with 64 Bit, for those interested:
    • x64 Compilation is easy
    • Running Compiled 64 Bit version is easy
    • Debugger (32 Bit DLL) does not work with 64 Bit UDK Version (It just hangs as the interface is different).

Currently I don't have an means to re-do the DLL in 64 Bit mode (only have the express version of VC++ 2010), so... No 64 Bit until I find a way around it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi All,

As it stands, I would like to implement:
    'Find in Open Files'
    'Find in Active Code Package'
    'Find in My Files'
    'Find in All Files'

But am looking at how to make them operate efficiently, it's quite slow to look at a few thousand text files, so would not be quite as interactive as the current ones.

Also 64bit will be getting some more attention soon I suspect, but I still haven't seen much online about 64 Bit Cooking, so not sure people actually deploy 64 Bit versions of their UDK game?

Also want to point out that the AutoComplete/InteliSense seems to have trouble with array
    Yup Arrays are proving difficult to parse properly...

AutoComplete/InteliSense seems to have trouble with Macros (for example `log(...); )
    This was fixed recently. Anyone else still having problems with it?

* Source code navigation history, as in, two buttons "Back / Forward" that jump to where you've been in the code before with a history of the positions. Quite useful when you looked up a certain function and want to go back to where you just were
    I think this would be quite useful also. Perhaps a hotkey to add your current location to the stack would be handy too (in addition to when you hyperlink jump), so that you could jump back and forth in the same code file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi TeraBit,

TeraIDE is looking very good and I need it now. UDK(U3E) is painful to code without Intellisense, especially with all the inheritance going on. I have to admit I'm envious. I've always wanted to develop a Spreadsheet-driven OOP IDE with embeddable objects/media/urls enhanced comments and built-in documentation generation export. A merger between my Logical and Visual Design Brain hemispheres. That isn't going to happen. I'll take TeraIDE ASAP!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice feature idea Marenz, the global search in particular could be nice.

* AutoComplete/InteliSense seems to have trouble with Macros (for example `log(...); )
    Also want to point out that the AutoComplete/InteliSense seems to have trouble with array also
    ex1: AnyObjectArray[0].Anyfunction, the function and var of the object don't show in the
    AutoComplete list and the list don't go anywhere whatever you type.
    ex2:
    SeqAct_Toggle(Action).InputLinks[0].bHasImpulse, bHasImpulse don't show in the list of AutoComplete and it don't go any where when I type a letter. (the cast at the beginning is only to show the type of my variable action, I don't use it in my code)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The editor seems nice and the Debugging / Building / Stepping feature is quite awesome. For actual daily use I miss a few things though:

Feature Requests:
    * Source code navigation history, as in, two buttons "Back / Forward" that jump to where you've been in the code before with a history of the positions. Quite useful when you looked up a certain function and want to go back to where you just were
    * Global Search (sent an email about this): The possibility to search in the whole project/all Files.
    * AutoComplete/InteliSense seems to have trouble with Macros (for example `log(...); )

regards,

--Marenz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Small note: You definitely can do 64bit builds. Done that and doing that. I am just calling "udk.com make" in the Win64/ folder...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TeraBit View Post
    TeraIDE 1.10 is up, and will Auto Update next time you run.
    • Fixed Themes with a white background making Folding Nodes hard to read.
    • Fixed ' key not suppressing AutoComplete except on Classes etc.
    • Added 'Projects Folder' menu which remembers any installation of UDK that you have already used TeraIDE on (i.e. you will need to have switched to it using the Menu Item 'Change UDK Directory under Options'). From then on it will appear in the Project Folders menu and can be switched to quickly or by selecting the sub menu you can open it in another instance of TeraIDE.
    • New option in the 'Editor Options' dialog to only AutoComplete on the Enter Key.

It's awesome! Thanks for the rapid update!

[Update]
    Been playing with the new features, they make my life SO much easier! Intellisense is working great with the enter key option enabled and the ability to open up my other projects and peek at my old code makes my development time much smoother. Thank you SO much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TeraIDE 1.10 is up, and will Auto Update next time you run.
    • Fixed Themes with a white background making Folding Nodes hard to read.
    • Fixed ' key not suppressing AutoComplete except on Classes etc.
    • Added 'Projects Folder' menu which remembers any installation of UDK that you have already used TeraIDE on (i.e. you will need to have switched to it using the Menu Item 'Change UDK Directory under Options'). From then on it will appear in the Project Folders menu and can be switched to quickly or by selecting the sub menu you can open it in another instance of TeraIDE.
    • New option in the 'Editor Options' dialog to only AutoComplete on the Enter Key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is almost ready to roll out, so will be in an the 1.1. update soon.
    Can't wait, looking forward to it!

When you add a literal string such as:

MyString = "Blah Blah Blah";

The intellisense turns off once it hits a " and on again once it hits the closing ". Did you mean single quotes?
    Actually Single Quotes don't seem to be working as they should... Ok Fixed.
    Okay... I swear to you I managed to trigger the intellisense and autocomplete on a double quote string literal this morning... even double checked it... but now it seems to be working as you described, oh well

Actually quite a few keys trigger AutoComplete by default: "{", "}", "[", "]", "(", ")", ",", ":", ";", "+", "-", "*", "/", "%", "&", "|", "^", "!", "~", "=", "<", ">", "?", "@", "#", "\", "'", """
    Okay so I think the problem is simply I love Intellisense but dislike autocomplete, and while you can cancel the intellisense by pressing the ESC key it's a pain. It would be nice to have an option in the Editor Options that allow you to turn off the autocomplete except for when you hit a specific key (like Enter). Theoretically all your variables and functions should be defined ahead of time which would mean that it's completely valid for the intellisense autocomplete functionality to go a head and replace your currently typed words what ever is defined in intellisense and useful for people like myself who just can't remember how something is spelled... but some times thing's just are not in place and you want to keep typing to complete your thought and go back and define your variables. Also... sometimes... (even in Visual Studio) intellisense is just wrong... something hasn't been updated or a glitch has put the wrong word in place, etc.

I know, I work in software and I know users often have some annoying requests but I really do appreciate the work you have put into this product and your timeliness in responding to my posts. I will definatly be recommending this to my friends and my team as we move forward in our development of our game. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    >>> project menu
    It would be an awesome addition to your product
    This is almost ready to roll out, so will be in an the 1.1. update soon.

When I am writing a double quote string the intellisense is still trying to suggest things
    When you add a literal string such as:

MyString = "Blah Blah Blah";

The intellisense turns off once it hits a " and on again once it hits the closing ". Did you mean single quotes?
    Actually Single Quotes don't seem to be working as they should... Ok Fixed.

One other thing I may suggest is an option to turn off "spacebar" auto complete.
    Actually quite a few keys trigger AutoComplete by default: "{", "}", "[", "]", "(", ")", ",", ":", ";", "+", "-", "*", "/", "%", "&", "|", "^", "!", "~", "=", "<", ">", "?", "@", "#", "\", "'", """

Leave a comment:

Working...
X