awesome

Comment

Thanks Shaun!

Everyone dont forget to check out Shaun's UDK game in progress:

Ghostship Survival Horror FPS

Rama

Comment

Very promising

This is a very promising concept Rama. You have my regards. So thank you for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by mooror View Post
          This is a very promising concept Rama. You have my regards. So thank you for sharing.
          You're welcome mooror!

I have made leaps and strides with the editor now,

now have fully functional editing of ai and level geometry, copy and pasting in multiplayer context

will be doing another video soon

Rama

Comment

Sounds awesome. In fact me and a friend are doing a game together with a team and I think this editor would make a world of difference for us. I would love it If you could tell me all the editor now supports and doesn't support when you get the time. Also anything I should be aware of in regards to the editors limitations.

Thanks so much,
            Mooror

Comment

Also anything I should be aware of in regards to the editors limitations.
              I've already pointed them out in my first reply

Comment

Sounds awesome. In fact me and a friend are doing a game together with a team and I think this editor would make a world of difference for us. I would love it If you could tell me all the editor now supports and doesn't support when you get the time. Also anything I should be aware of in regards to the editors limitations.

Thanks so much,
                Mooror
                Hi there!

Primarily the editor is for enabling end-users to make levels without needing to download the UDK, and allowing them to share extremely small file sizes of levels with each other by email.

So if it is a important thing for you to provide a custom level-editor to your end-users / players then embarking on making your own editor is a great idea!

I wrote this editor from scratch, tailored to my game, it is not a separate sort of software

Are you planning to provide a custom game-editor to your end-users?

Rama

PS: I really like your signature

Comment

What about the light ? did you ahve any problem with it ? what do you use as for ligthing ?

Comment

I am using spawnable lights, and for my game art style it is no problem, but that is another good point, if your game requires pitch-perfect shadowing you will definitely want to use the UDK directly.

My goal was to present users with solution that only required my game itself and no other downloads.

Also there are 3d kismet scripting elements that are part of my game engine that people can only make using my editor

By the way Neongho your AncientBattles Project looks awesome!

What are you working on right now?

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by evernewjoy View Post
                      Are you planning to provide a custom game-editor to your end-users?

Rama

PS: I really like your signature
                      Well I actually have not thought about it that much... I am not sure. But I will talk it over with my co-worker and we will see. But if I will need a built in editor with my game I will definitely let you know. And once again thanks for the editor, it is awesome.

P.s. I would really enjoy it If you would Pm me and tell my why you like my signature. It would help me see what you think about it and it might also let us connect up together and see If we might work together.

It is up to you my friend,
                      Mooror

Comment

I now have actual multiplayer footage of my Multiplayer Editor system in action!

Two videos in this tutorial of mine:

Free Online Multiplayer Hosting Service For Your Game, Entire Core Code Provided

Actual Multiplayer Footage Using Gemini Only as Server Listing System

Rama

Comment

Working...
                        X