Shoot From Skeletal Mesh Not Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    One more thing to my knowlegd I would only do this for the Ut_attachment because this is a third person game right. Or Must I subclass both Ut_Weapon and

Ut_attachment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by James Ordner View Post
    There's no built in function for that, but there's several ways of doing that. One of the possible ways is overriding AttachWeaponTo(), where you have access to the pawn's skeletal mesh. You could use that to access whatever you need in the pawn's skeletal mesh. You will probably also need to override GetPhysicalFireStartLoc() and GetEffectLocation(), and maybe a few others I missed.
    Thanks saved me an hour of code of siffering through code. Hopefully these three functions will do it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There's no built in function for that, but there's several ways of doing that. One of the possible ways is overriding AttachWeaponTo(), where you have access to the pawn's skeletal mesh. You could use that to access whatever you need in the pawn's skeletal mesh. You will probably also need to override GetPhysicalFireStartLoc() and GetEffectLocation(), and maybe a few others I missed.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Shoot From Skeletal Mesh Not Weapon

Shoot From Skeletal Mesh Not Weapon

Ok so I am trying to make ut3's link gun shoot from my skeletalmesh socket wich is not a weapon. Is there a function for this? Something to plug my socket vectors into? And will it work for the beam as well?
Working...
X