Class based archetypes tend to disappear in the content browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class based archetypes tend to disappear in the content browser

Recently I've spent time testing how archetypes work in UDK. I feel as though I have a pretty good understanding of how they're used and how to create and add them to my project but I'm running into a few weird issues. Most notably I can't keep archetypes from disappearing in the content browser.

First, when I try to create a new package with the new archetype, the new package is never created. In fact, the package Untitled_1 that is usually replaced by the new package is mysteriously replaced by nothing. If I save the archetype in a package that already exist, it does appear. However, if I close UDK and open it again, the archetype disappears, even if I had saved it before. When I try to replace the missing archetype with a new one of the same name, that archetype will not appear.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring stuff out on my own but this is a complete mystery to me.

Nevermind, something wrong with the code I'd written

Comment

It's helpful to others, if you summarize your mistake

Comment

Well, I created a class called BE_CameraProperties that extends the Object class, and another called BE_Camera which extends the Camera class. I was attempting to create an archetype for BE_Camera instead of BE_CameraProperties. When creating the archetype out of the BE_Camera class it would basically vanish so I guess I did something weird. I solved the problem by using BE_CameraProperties which I guess makes more sense.

Comment

Working...
        X