Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK tutorials blog [updated list]

Hi all,

I've started a blog with some tutorials for UDK based on my experience with using UDK for a couple of months (I know it's not much but it may help somebody just starting). I have plans to add some more regularly. Everything is based on learning experience I've had while starting my very first simple project in UDK (some info about project can be found on blog as well). Please, feel free to comment or repost into more suitable place. Any help appreciated!

http://gravityspeedrun.blogspot.com/

In case you're interested in some specific topic to cover, feel free to contact me as well!

Current topics covered:
    Getting started with UDK (setup, tools I'm using, etc.)

Simple text data save/load using config functionality
    Triggering events uscript -> kismet with self as an instigator
    Artist editable properties (per instance, global)
    Simple cascading HUD messages
    Using timers with simple example
    Controlling set of actors instead of a Pawn
    Moving actors using physics
    Utilizing states
    Sidescroller-like first person view
    Prefabs
    Actionscript -> kismet commands with parameters
    Custom postprocess chain
    Custom input bindings

new:
    Referencing objects
    Typecasting and inheritance
    Useful command lines

Best regards,
    Borisss

Haven't really looked through it, but a tutorial is a tutorial, it can always be helpful, whatever you're doing keep up the good work.

Comment

Glimpsed at the page, I'll definitely be using at least the first tutorial. I just discovered the "var()" command, looks like you took that and ran. Should make the dev cycle a lot nicer, at least for me. You have my thanks.

Comment

looks good so far, do you want an unpaid job

i do find blog type pages a bit hard to follow when you have more stuff it might be an idea to post a list

keep up the good work

Comment

Slamm: You're certainly welcome ! I'm glad some parts can help others!
          UDK is great but on the other side quite tricky and has many hidden techniques and stuff, quite unexpected for a C++ developer as me .

Comment

geodav: Thank You! I'm definitely going to update forums from time to time with new stuff from blog. Blog was chosen as it is rather connected to all other google goodies and I want (and hopefully will) to use it as an overview of my project progress as well. But still there is a lot of things I'm learning while developing in UDK, so why not to share?

Comment

reinrag: Thank you!

Comment

Looking good so far

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
                  Looking good so far
                  Thank you!

Comment

updated with the list (initial post), added new tutorials

Comment

new tutorials available, check the list in the first post!

Comment

added 3 new tutorials, sorry for the bump, check the first post for the list

Comment

new tutorials, based on many lately seen/answered topics here on forums, check the list in the first post

Comment

Working...
                          X