Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever New Joy Tutorial Hub (Code and Videos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new tutorial!

How to Show Whole Screen Effects Like Damage Indicator or Slow Desaturation of Entire World
    Whole Screen Effects: Post Process Material Effects

Rama

Comment

New Tutorial!

Make Player Unit Velocity Affect Color of Materials!

Rama

Comment

Bump for community enjooy

Rama

Comment

bump as resource for Community

Rama

Comment

Bump for the community,

enjoy all the videos and complete code samples!

Rama

Comment

bumping for the community

Rama

Comment

Second bumo. YOur tuts are awesome.

Comment

That's Kelt'ar!

Rama

Comment

Bump for the Community

Rama

Comment

Bump for the Community's use

Rama

Comment

Wow great post im definitely bookmarking this as a n00b thanks very much everyone!

And a cheeky question while im here can anyone help me with this my brains about to implode lol

HELP-Please-On-Implementing-a-First-Person-Style-Zoom!

Basically I originally started out as a third person camera with a shoulder zoom, but after we have made a few changes to the game we decided on a permanent default shoulder cam and we want to implement a sort of First person zoom so it looks as if the player is looking down the barrel of the gun, but we also need it so that even without a weapon the player can still zoom when searching for clues, im sure its an easy fix but as I n00b I don't understand enough of the code yet to implement it all so more info and the code can be found in the link and all help is much appreciated!

Comment

If what you want is an over the shoulder camera, the info I provide in this tutorial series will help you

Third Person & Free Roam Cameras, Mouse Cursor and Drag Select
                          Third Person and Free Roam Cameras and Mouse Drag Select

You can modify the exact offsets int he camerabase class to be over the shoulder as precisely as you like!

The tutorial explains how to do everything from scratch, so try recreating the third person camera in my tutorial and you will be well on your way to understanding how to do exactly what you want.

Review the extensive code samples in the tutorial

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by evernewjoy View Post
                            If what you want is an over the shoulder camera, the info I provide in this tutorial series will help you

Third Person & Free Roam Cameras, Mouse Cursor and Drag Select
                            Third Person and Free Roam Cameras and Mouse Drag Select

You can modify the exact offsets int he camerabase class to be over the shoulder as precisely as you like!

The tutorial explains how to do everything from scratch, so try recreating the third person camera in my tutorial and you will be well on your way to understanding how to do exactly what you want.

Review the extensive code samples in the tutorial

Rama
                            OK thanks I will have a look, my camera is actually set as a default fixed overshoulder camera and im trying to implement a zoom into a fps style so the player is looking down the barrel http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...stPerson/page2

Comment

Bumping for the Community! See the first post for lots of tutorials and videos!

Rama

Comment

Bump for the community, enjoy the videos!

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X