Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever New Joy Tutorial Hub (Code and Videos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The File list is pretty cool, im not sure what this would be used for though. Great Job!

Comment

Thanks TheAgent!

Great to hear from you!

I use my file system constantly because in my game you can make your own levels, within the game itself, using my in-game editor.

So I am saving/loading levels constantly from within my game and having a file system is soo useful in that regard.

I made my own in-game editor so people won't need to download the UDK to make levels for my game

I use BasicSaveObject to store all the data, and the ultimate file size for my in-game-made levels is in the bytes, veeery small.

I had to figure out how to turn all dynamic objects into struct data because basicsaveobject can't save dynamic objects directly, once I figured that out now I have complex moving platforms, trigger-based events, big battle sequences and all of this can be made in my editor and fully saved to hard disk,

and now loaded using my file system

Rama

Comment

How to Have an Actor Class Always Spawn with a Particle System Emitter Attached

Goal: To have an actor class where each instance of the Actor spawns with an instance of a particle emitter attached to it that moves with the Actor wherever it goes.

you can do the following

~~~

In Your Custom Actor Class

PostBeginPlay

this is called when your actor class spawns

Code:
        Simulated Event PostBeginPlay() {

//very important line	
           super.postbeginplay();

//spawn emitter and attach to this actor
           WorldInfo.MyEmitterPool.SpawnEmitter(
        		ParticleSystem'theparticlesystemtoattachtoActor', 
        		Location + vect(0,0,256), 
        		Rotation, 							
        		Self);
        }
        The use of Self is essential here to tell the particle emitter to attach to the spawned instance of the Actor class.

I used a spawning location that is 256 units above the actor being spawned so you can easily see that it worked.

Cause if you spawn the emitter in the center of the actor mesh it may not be visible

adjust this to your game specifications as to where emitter should spawn

use Actor.GetComponentsBoundingBox to know where to position emitter for any-sized actor

Note:

to make sure the spawned emitter will follow the actor it is attached to, in the UDK in Cascade the particle system editor, you MUST set

Required Module
        use local space = true

you can review rest of my tutorial on this subject for more details
        attach mesh particle system shield to actor

Rama

Comment

My First Video! Move-able Destroyable Kactors / Apex Destructibles!

How to Make Destructible Move-able Physics Objects
          How to Make Apex Destructible Kactors

Enjoy the video!

Rama

Comment

I added another tutorial + a video!

Extensive actual code supplied to you for your use

Third Person and Free Roam Cameras and Mouse Drag Select

Rama

Comment

bumping as a Community resource

enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Bumping as community resource

Rama

Comment

Nice tuts Rama

Comment

new tutorial added! with video!

Simple Easy Powerful Fast Save/Load Engine
                    Save/Load during gameplay, Save Dynamically Generated Levels to Disk

Rama

Comment

I owe all the knowledge I have of UDK to people such as you. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge among the community

Comment

This save system looks awesome, thanks Rama

I am looking into a save system for ghostship, tried crushas kismet node one but dosnt compile and keeps crashing my version of udk. I am thinking about trying the udk gems one, that seems to fit my bill.

This instant save system looks awesome though, i have a couple of questions

I take it it it saves the current map name, so can it be rigged up to a resume game button in my scaleform front end (via kismet - eg fscommand)

Does it save the players inventory, weapons ammo,health,shield,items, kills?

From the tutorial it looks like all my classes need to be updated with some code, my levels are built with static meshes, not bsp brushes, will that make a difference? Just my characters and weapons along with a few skeletal meshes i will need to update the scripts?

Cheers In advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shindawg View Post
                          I owe all the knowledge I have of UDK to people such as you. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge among the community
                          Awww thanks!

Rama

Comment

Bumping as community resource

Rama

Comment

New Tutorial!

Video: How To Make Fully Physics Functional Adjustable Tether / Grappling Hook
                              Adjustable-Length Grapple Hook / Tether

Rama

Comment

New tutorial with video and code!

VIDEO - Mario Galaxy Gravity & Relative Point Gravity, Cling to Shapes With No Center

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X