Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Input reference for tilt wheel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input reference for tilt wheel

I want to set something to the tilt wheel by default (tilting mouse wheel left/right).

But the only references I could find are these:

MouseXMouseY
    MouseScrollUp
    MouseScrollDown
    LeftMouseButton
    RightMouseButton
    MiddleMouseButton
    ThumbMouseButton
    ThumbMouseButton2

Is there one for the tiltwheel maybe?

Thanks,
    David

Are those buttons or analog controls?

Comment

They are buttons.

Comment

yeah some mice's wheels can be moved left and right, with a tilt movement that feels like a button. it's digital buttons, not analog
        mine has it too. i doubt UDK has input for them though, but I could be wrong

Comment

You can add this little bit of debugging that I use to your PlayerInput class:

Code:
          event PlayerInput(float DeltaTime)
          {
              local int i;
              local string s;

// LOGS WHAT KEYS YOU'RE PRESSING.
              for(i=0;i<PressedKeys.length;i++)
                  s @= string(PressedKeys[i]);
              `log("Buttons Pressed:  "@s);

super.PlayerInput(DeltaTime);
          }
          Run your game with -log and you can see in real time which buttons you're pressing.

Comment

Thanks for the nice idea!

Comment

It doesn't output the tilt wheel, neither thumb button 2 or 3.

Comment

that's odd, thumb mouse button 2 works for me (I don't have a thumb button 3 tho)

Comment

The real question is: do you really want to use buttons that players might not have and are awkward to use?

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
                    that's odd, thumb mouse button 2 works for me (I don't have a thumb button 3 tho)
                    Wrong buttons, he's talking about tilting the scroll wheel itself left and right.

Comment

I don't have UDK available at the moment and I doubt it's gonna be any different, but you could try the OnReceivedNativeInputKey delegate (I believe it worked for the thumbbuttons on my mouse, not sure though)

Comment

Indeed with OnReceivedNativeInputKey you see all the Input Events that UDK sees. Which are not many. For me, TiltWheelButtons are basically Thumb one and two. And my real thumb buttons are not available.
                        I am thinking about maybe adding a DLL class that would receive such events, but there seems to be no way to call script functions from the DLL. :/

In ut2004 under linux I never had such problems, all buttons were available

--Marenz

Comment

Working...
                        X