Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 Controller force feedback

Hi,
    I can't get this working at all, from kismet or code. I have a wired xbox 360 controller and it does work perfectly on xbox and PC, but not with UDK.I have also tried it with the UT code and maps, but it does not work with them either. I have been able to track down that the ForceFeedbackManager in PlayerController is None all times and it will not be anything else even if I do ForceFeedbackManager = new class'ForceFeedbackManager';

Has anyone got this working? Thank you for help.

What is the ForceFeedbackManagerClassName set to for PlayerController? (it's config) If it's empty a Manager won't be new'ed. It is not set for me by default, I haven't removed it but it isn't there.

Comment

I tried setting it from config too, but the ForceFeedbackManager is still None.

Comment

Hm, and I don't see why trying to assign it manually would still result in ForceFeedbackManager being none.

Comment

Windows Force Feedback support for 360 controllers is notoriously spotty. Try updating the xbox360 controller driver, and switch DirectX modes to see if that affects it.

Otherwise you need to get emulation software for the controller. I've used http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/ in the past, which is available as a free 30 day trial. As an alternative, I've never used it, but it's open source: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

Comment

Well, I used C++ and dllbind for this. Took about 20 minutes and works perfectly so I do not think that the problem is in windows drivers.

Thanks for help anyway!

Comment

I misread that it worked otherwise on your PC Out of curiosity, what's your dll doing?

Comment

The dll just basically uses XInput to vibrate the controller for specified amount of time and magnitude. Then I can call the function from unrealscript to, for example, vibrate the left side with magnitude of 20% and right side with 100% for 1.5 seconds. Have to say that the game feels a lot better with force feedback!

Comment

cool, good to hear of your ease in streaming data to a driver that's external of UDK.

Comment

Sorry to bump this but can you have rumble without using a DLLBind?

Comment

isnt there a tool for that in the animset editor?

I think its a notification but I could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Acecutter69 View Post
                        isnt there a tool for that in the animset editor?

I think its a notification but I could be wrong
                        That's a notify. The problem is the ForceFeedbackManager doesn't initialize as OP said. So nothing works.

Comment

Working...
                        X