• Show
Clear All

Great! Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prea View Post
      Great! Looking forward to it.
      Check your PM

Comment

Thanks for your help! It turns out UDK.exe didn't output any launch info while UDK.com does. The rest of the code looked very similar to what I had. Unfortunately UDK only sends launch and build info, the rest of the -log output is still only visible in the console of udk. The output ends with 'Init: XAudio2 using ...'

Does you editor support only build/launch logs or did you somehow get the full log data from udk as well? Thanks so far, Atleast I got SOME info from udk logs

Comment

It turns out UDK.exe didn't output any launch info while UDK.com does.
          I tried using UDK.exe when compiling (udk.exe -make) but it does not show anything. It returns only a blank console window. I've read somewhere that Epic Games recommend using udk.com for compiling.

Does you editor support only build/launch logs or did you somehow get the full log data from udk as well?
          My editor reads compile output and log files from UDKGame\Logs folder.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
            I tried using UDK.exe when compiling (udk.exe -make) but it does not show anything. It returns only a blank console window. I've read somewhere that Epic Games recommend using udk.com for compiling.

My editor reads compile output and log files from UDKGame\Logs folder.
            use UDK.com instead of UDK.exe

Comment

Ok thanks for the help. As it turns out UDKGame\Logs does contain the info my team would need to send over, I can continously stream this info instead of grabbing it from the udk.exe.

Good luck with your tool mate, I hope it some day replaces Visual Studio for me!

I may have missed this, is there a plan to support intellisense like capability or a navigate-to option (set cursor over class/variable > F12 will navigate to its file or declaration) along with tab support those are the things I'm looking forward to the most.

Another suggestion is a quick searchbox in your script browser to easily find files by name, this is something I often need.

Keep up the good work

Comment

intellisense, and autoComplete are features in the current build (V1.5),
                find references to, goto declaration, and goto definition have been requested
                tab support is in the upcomeing v2.0
                isn't what you are referring to similar to right-click>goto definition, or are you referring to filtering the displayed files in the tree browser with a keyword. no knowledge of suggestion, or implementation if it is the latter

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander77 View Post
                  use UDK.com instead of UDK.exe
                  I use udk.com
                  Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                  "udk.com -make (Unreal X-Editor uses udk.com for compiling)"
                  I may have missed this, is there a plan to support intellisense like capability or a navigate-to option (set cursor over class/variable > F12 will navigate to its file or declaration) along with tab support those are the things I'm looking forward to the most.
                  I can improve the intellisense with more keywords if i get the list of keywords.

Comment

Originally posted by gardian06 View Post
                    intellisense, and autoComplete are features in the current build (V1.5),
                    find references to, goto declaration, and goto definition have been requested
                    tab support is in the upcomeing v2.0
                    isn't what you are referring to similar to right-click>goto definition, or are you referring to filtering the displayed files in the tree browser with a keyword. no knowledge of suggestion, or implementation if it is the latter
                    I did indeed mean a search phrase like 'UT' to get all classes containing or starting with 'UT'. I find the Solution Explorer of Visual Studio (w/ nFringe) to be very limited, so I hope you guys could improve upon that.

Comment

I use WIN XP SP3, .NET 3.5 SP1 and every time that I open software it gives me Unable to load dwmapi.dll .I tried to download it and put it to system32 folder (x editor too) but it didn't help me. I formatted windows yesterday but i got this problem on old Windows too.

btw: but editor works...

Comment

I did indeed mean a search phrase like 'UT' to get all classes containing or starting with 'UT'. I find the Solution Explorer of Visual Studio (w/ nFringe) to be very limited, so I hope you guys could improve upon that.
                        The search functionality for Package Tree Viewer is already in there but its hidden. The reason is no matter what i do it wont search properly.

Originally posted by nonder View Post
                        I use WIN XP SP3, .NET 3.5 SP1 and every time that I open software it gives me Unable to load dwmapi.dll .I tried to download it and put it to system32 folder (x editor too) but it didn't help me. I formatted windows yesterday but i got this problem on old Windows too.

btw: but editor works...
                        Thank you for reporting nonder. "dwmapi.dll" is available on Vista and higher. On version 2.0 you can run the No-Ribbon version in Windows XP.

Comment

New Blog created for my UDK apps.

Click here or see first post

Comment

Text is kinda hard to read. I'm using Chrome, with default settings.

Comment

Originally posted by RNG View Post
                              Text is kinda hard to read. I'm using Chrome, with default settings.
                              You mean the image?

Comment

Add multiple files as tabs, and I'll abandon my in-progress code editor.

Comment

Working...
                                X