• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit : Double Post

Sorry Masters

Comment

Originally posted by gardian06 View Post
      would still like to see that todo list so that people stop asking for features that are already going to be there. mainly because I don't like to ask a dev for a feature that they already planned on.
      I will post the screenshots as i develop so you will know what i have implemented so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
        Tab Pages
        \/ Thumbs up man, looking good

Comment

Originally posted by saiboat View Post
          \/ Thumbs up man, looking good
          Thanks saiboat

No-Ribbon version:

Imageshack

Imageshack

Comment

Looking better and better! The addition of tabs and the removal of ribbons is making this look more and more like a good replacement for Notepad++. Is Text-match highlighting a possible future feature? And light-on-dark color schemes (as opposed to mere skins)?

Comment

Originally posted by Susramanian View Post
              Looking better and better! The addition of tabs and the removal of ribbons is making this look more and more like a good replacement for Notepad++.
              Thanks Susramanian

EDIT: Ribbon UI is also there. User can run Non-Ribbon version by adding a commandline.

Is Text-match highlighting a possible future feature?
              It was added in v1.4

This was the changelog:
              v1.4:
              --New Console window for Compile and Full Compile
              --Improved Updater to show changelog
              --Added command line preview of UDK Game Debug Otions
              --Added Word highlighting
              --Added "Word Highlight" color setting

--Added "Open UDK Folder"
              --Removed "Changed line" color setting
              --Some unwanted buttons were removed

And light-on-dark color schemes (as opposed to mere skins)?
              You mean change the color of text, background white color etc?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                You mean change the color of text, background white color etc?
                That's right. With (hopefully) lots of fine-tuning possible in determining syntax coloring for different types of keywords, operators, etc.
                For example, I'm using a modified version this Unrealscript user-defined language for Notepad++, whose colors I find very easy on the eyes.

Comment

That's right. With (hopefully) lots of fine-tuning possible in determining syntax coloring for different types of keywords, operators, etc.
                  Its possible to define custom syntax highlighting color, change text color, background color etc. See this picture posted by gardian06:

Comment

I am currently switching between this and Alexes IDE, but with shear load time of needing even the VS2010 isolated shell is painful. probably when this version 2.0 is upped I will go to this. do you have right-click find reference/definition/declaration I usually use them to go to the class I am extending, and see what it has. also pane viewing (having multiple classes open side-by-side if your using an array of files to have tabs it would be an array of those arrays) much like VS2010 offers.
                    then I think on the exit command quarry the arrays to state what classes have been modified (which can just be a bool). Otherwise you could just have a button for save all open files, but then you might need something for if a file is closed.
                    I've been noticing that you have ctrl-Z for undo, but I try to do ctrl-Y for redo (going back to many steps usually). separately when you did your undo with respect to the tabs is there one global undo stack, or does each tab have its own stack?

Comment

this is great! thx for the update

Comment

Hi, may I ask how you receive the udk.exe log messages? (I see you're using this in the upcoming v2.0) I'd like my team to send over those logs so I can analyse them, the .log files under UDKGAME\Log only provide launch information...

Comment

from what I understand is that you bring up the log window by giving an argument on the console, and then you can redirect that to a file, or an program with a second argument what those arguments are I don't know, and Epic says that command line arguments are only needed to be known by license holders. we don't need to know all of them, but maybe if we were told the more general ones it would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Prea View Post
                            Hi, may I ask how you receive the udk.exe log messages? (I see you're using this in the upcoming v2.0) I'd like my team to send over those logs so I can analyse them, the .log files under UDKGAME\Log only provide launch information...
                            If you are referring to output panel then this is how i did it. When "udk.com -make (Unreal X-Editor uses udk.com for compiling)" is executed the Output shown in the console window is redirected to a text file (You can see it in ConsoleOutput.txt located at where you installed Unreal X-Editor). Then the contents of that text file is displayed in the output panel.

Let me know if you need any more info

Comment

Thanks, they will however not execute our game through your tool, so they will not have a file like consoleoutput.txt. I've tried redirecting the output in C# with the standard Methods in System.Diagnostics.Process but so far I was unable to receive any redirected data. Do you have a snippet or a sample of the method you used? (if you use C#)

Comment

Originally posted by Prea View Post
                                Do you have a snippet or a sample of the method you used? (if you use C#)
                                Of Course....why not

I use VB.Net but dont worry....I will convert and send it in a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X