Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.5 Available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey ryanjon,
    First I really enjoy using ur IDE, it makes things much easier to me. I used Notepad++ before^^. Just a little question I am not getting rid of myself. Is there any way I can undock the normal editor or even individual scripts like it is done with the INI Editor? It would support multi-Monitor working a lot.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Explie View Post
      Hey ryanjon,
      First I really enjoy using ur IDE, it makes things much easier to me. I used Notepad++ before^^. Just a little question I am not getting rid of myself. Is there any way I can undock the normal editor or even individual scripts like it is done with the INI Editor? It would support multi-Monitor working a lot.

Greetings
      If you meant to undock tabs then it is currently not available. But a few days ago i added the ability to reorder tabs. I also added Dual monitor support so if you have multiple monitors and when you run Unreal X-Editor for the first time it will ask on which monitor it should show.

Comment

Wowzers! I cannot believe I am just finding this thread after working one month with UDK in Notepad++. It is like Windows Explorer, UnCodeX, and Visual Studio all combined in one! Now I can improve my workflow over 9000%!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snow004 View Post
          Wowzers! I cannot believe I am just finding this thread after working one month with UDK in Notepad++. It is like Windows Explorer, UnCodeX, and Visual Studio all combined in one! Now I can improve my workflow over 9000%!!!!
          Am really happy to hear that. Thank you very much for the comment Snow004.

Comment

Thanks ryanjon

I switched from context to ur IDE I love it. Thanks. The ui looks great functionality is awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.4 Available [New Feature: Config Class Finder]

Hey

Just a suggestion can u make the software have more color choices please

Comment

Originally posted by terminatorthebot View Post
                Thanks ryanjon

I switched from context to ur IDE I love it. Thanks. The ui looks great functionality is awesome.

Thank you very much terminatorthebot.

Hey

Just a suggestion can u make the software have more color choices please

By color choices you mean more color schemes (ie for syntax highlighting) ?

Comment

Hey ryanjon

I tried your beta version . It does have more color choices. Thanks you. The beta version is more ui friendlier.

Comment

Hey ryanjon

I tried your beta version . It does have more color choices. Thanks you. The beta version is more ui friendlier.

Happy to hear that . If you need to customize the colors set it to custom. Then you can change the colors and you'll need to restart the editor for the changes to take effect. However from next version (v3.1.5) on-wards you dont need to restart the editor to update color changes. Because i rewrote the code to support instant color change.

Comment

It is the best tool I've come across.
                      However there is a little issue.
                      When I am scrolling it feels like I am scrolling a website with too much images or flash contents in firefox.
                      The scrolling doesnt respond quickly, maybe just late for miliseconds but still it feels uncomfortable.
                      If it has smooth scrolling or something enabled, please put an option to disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by caner_ozdemir View Post
                        It is the best tool I've come across.
                        However there is a little issue.
                        When I am scrolling it feels like I am scrolling a website with too much images or flash contents in firefox.
                        The scrolling doesnt respond quickly, maybe just late for miliseconds but still it feels uncomfortable.
                        If it has smooth scrolling or something enabled, please put an option to disable it.
                        Hi Caner. Thank you for the report. I have already finished and compiled v3.1.5. I will look into this in next version.

Comment

when can we expect the new version soon?

Comment

Originally posted by IllpIll View Post
                            when can we expect the new version soon?
                            In February first week.

I made few changes to the code editor itself. It now supports instant color change and type colors can be customized. Previously if you want to open the parent class (or to access other class functions), you have to drag and select the class name and then right click to open it. Well from v3.1.5 onwards this has changed. You no longer have to select the word or anything. Simply right click and the context menu will show those class functions . Oh and in new version, right clicking will actually move the mouse caret to the clicked position.

Text dragging is also available. I have also added Tab Re-Ordering and Dynamic Function Highlighting.

Comment

I love this editor (tried pretty much every other compilers) .some how this feels like the right one(May be it's the ui) but thanks lot

Comment

Hello I am sort of new to using Unrealscript as of this moment I am using Unreal Script IDE to write my scripts. I have as of today switched top using your IDE everything works fine until I try and do a full compile or a compile. When I do this I get and error in the Editor log saying that " Unreal X-Editor is an single instance application!" and then I get an option to Press Yes to kill the existing one. When I press yes it closes Unreal X-Editor and won't compile. I am using win 7 and when I look at the task manager there is only one instance of Unreal X-Editor running. Sorry if this is an easy fix and I am missing it but I am relativity new to this. Thanks for creating a great program but I need help to get this running.

Comment

Working...
                                X