Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.5 Available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by TeraBit View Post
    Unreal X-Editor is very cool work. It was the first IDE I tried that made me think I might be able to work with Unreal Script after all.
    Thank you very much! I am Honored to hear that.

    Comment


      wooo ****in****,

      found TR/ATRAPS.Gen got a Trojan

      'C:\Users\xx\Documents\Unreal X-Editor\ExceptionReporter.exe'
      C:\Users\xx\Documents\Unreal X-Editor\ExceptionReporter.exe

      Comment


        Originally posted by hdffg View Post
        wooo ****in****,

        found TR/ATRAPS.Gen got a Trojan

        'C:\Users\xx\Documents\Unreal X-Editor\ExceptionReporter.exe'
        C:\Users\xx\Documents\Unreal X-Editor\ExceptionReporter.exe
        No worries. It is a false positive. You can safely add that to your Anti-Virus exception.

        Comment


          udk install errors PLEASE HELP

          Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
          So here it is guys....My first Unreal Script Editor

          Description:
          Unreal X-Editor is my new editor for creating/editing Unreal Script files. Unreal X-Editor is packed with rich features that makes Unreal Scripting easier for both beginners and experts. Listed are the features of Unreal X-Editor.

          Features:
          • Class Tree Viewer
          • QuickLoad
          • Code Explorer
          • Class Finder
          • Class Usage Finder
          • Class Reference Finder
          • Autocomplete
          • Autocomplete Editor
          • Declaration Autocomplete
          • Code Folding
          • C# Style Commenting
          • Syntax Highlighting
          • Line Numbers
          • Auto Indent
          • Embed Selection
          • Basic Preset Scripts
          • Run UDK Editor from Unreal X-Editor
          • Run UDK Game from Unreal X-Editor
          • Compile/Full Compile Scripts from Unreal X-Editor
          • Various Skins to change the Look And Feel of Unreal X-Editor
          • And more...

          just installed the unreal x editor on start up I got the following messages valid udk installation not found went to settings message appeared in red udk installation not valid please check i have had this copy of the udk about one month 2013/02 dx9 64 bit also have front error message I have many projects from tutorials and just starting with the udk HELP

          Unreal X-Editor is free for Commercial and Non-Commercial use.



          Go to Unreal X-Editor Blog to download

          NOTE: Unreal X-Editor requires .NET Framework 3.5 or higher to work

          NOTE 2: UDK Customizer actually works with Scaleform. Try it!

          Please post your bugs/suggestions/feedback here.
          any and all help would be appreciated

          Comment


            Originally posted by derpydad View Post
            any and all help would be appreciated
            ...What kind of help?

            By the way here is a new feature called Document Map:

            Comment


              Lokking better and better Ryanjon!
              Love that document map feature in sublime text, hopefully its as smooth in Unreal-X-Editor.

              Comment


                Originally posted by IllpIll View Post
                Lokking better and better Ryanjon!
                Love that document map feature in sublime text, hopefully its as smooth in Unreal-X-Editor.
                Thanks IllpIll!

                Comment


                  good to see you still working on this

                  small bug report,
                  all of a sudden the 'save all' button opens the 'save as' window
                  restarting x editor fixed it

                  Comment


                    (Forgive me...app falsely marked old post as new post..that could be a problem ill notify the developer of)

                    Anyhow... I look forward to the new feature in 3.1.4 and eagerly await its arrival :beer:

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by tegleg View Post
                      good to see you still working on this
                      And am really happy to know you are using my IDE.

                      Originally posted by tegleg View Post
                      small bug report,
                      all of a sudden the 'save all' button opens the 'save as' window
                      restarting x editor fixed it
                      Did you had any newly created file or any unsaved file when this happened?

                      Originally posted by DWGS View Post
                      (Forgive me...app falsely marked old post as new post..that could be a problem ill notify the developer of)

                      Anyhow... I look forward to the new feature in 3.1.4 and eagerly await its arrival :beer:
                      Happy to know that! ( Since i dont drink beer heres a :cookie: ) lol

                      By the way heres a new feature called Config Class Finder. Using this feature you can easily find all UnrealScript classes that uses that config. Let the screenshots talk.

                      New Search Option


                      Searching for UDKGame INI


                      Finished Searching. Toast shows the number of files too!


                      As usual double clicking will open that file.

                      I have also added Type Color Customization. As you can see in the below image class names and words that comes after var, local etc can be customized!



                      I rewrote the code to support instant color change. That is you no longer need to restart Unreal X-Editor after changing syntax colors. Change your color scheme –> Press Save and all colors will update instantly.

                      Comment


                        Ok ryanjon, you're my buddy and all and im quite impressed with your IDE and coding skills, ive been using your product for evaluation purposes so that i could provide my input on whats needed.
                        (which by the way) I love how Crusha K. Rool pretty much took the best parts of VS2012Ultimate, Notepad++,UncodeX and other ideas i had. with post #4.
                        The one thing that is KILLING ME I CANT STAND IT...Am i the only having this problem? I have a destop away from the studio , its a DELL 2.2GHz 4GB,Windows7Ultimate, and I can bash the **** out of some code on VS2012Ultimate but it takes me ten minutes to edit/modify roughly a paragraph of code in your IDE.
                        The scroll lag is horrendous, or its smooth-scrolling is like driving on retarded square wheels... Thats the only REAL issue i have whats causing this and how can I fix it?
                        Or better yet, can you fix it?
                        Is there a way to change the number of lines you can scroll in one click so i can easy my pains a little while i continue evaluating?

                        EDIT:
                        Also, I found that if I update from within the XEditor the Update Installer failed to even launch!
                        But the good thing is if i download the 3.1.4 Setup app from Mirror#1 of your site the setup runs fine.

                        If i can help you with any info about those issues just PM me on here.

                        Comment


                          Oh ok, so yeah i have an idea:

                          So you know when you instantiate a function and follow it with {} Brackets
                          I personally think its easier to type them both together while holding shift because its fast.
                          Like:

                          Code:
                          SomeFunction()
                          {}
                          Now from here, the next thing that is super fast is to click between them and press enter and have it inject TWO NEW Blank Lines immediately Followed by a TAB (or four spaces, based on cursor position)
                          So you start with:
                          Code:
                          SomeFunction()
                          {}
                          Then Click between the brackets and press Enter, the intellisense does the above and makes:
                          Code:
                          SomeFunction()
                          {
                              |
                          }
                          The Red | is the resulting current cursor position.
                          Theres probably a name for this lol, but i think that would be a nice addition.
                          Simply because I could already have started the first few words in an if() statement instead of spending that time click/enter or pressing rightarrow,uparrow,Enter.
                          I hope that makes sense, open the Editor and give it a go.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by DWGS View Post
                            Ok ryanjon, you're my buddy and all and im quite impressed with your IDE and coding skills, ive been using your product for evaluation purposes so that i could provide my input on whats needed.
                            (which by the way) I love how Crusha K. Rool pretty much took the best parts of VS2012Ultimate, Notepad++,UncodeX and other ideas i had. with post #4.
                            The one thing that is KILLING ME I CANT STAND IT...Am i the only having this problem? I have a destop away from the studio , its a DELL 2.2GHz 4GB,Windows7Ultimate, and I can bash the **** out of some code on VS2012Ultimate but it takes me ten minutes to edit/modify roughly a paragraph of code in your IDE.
                            The scroll lag is horrendous, or its smooth-scrolling is like driving on retarded square wheels... Thats the only REAL issue i have whats causing this and how can I fix it?
                            Or better yet, can you fix it?
                            Is there a way to change the number of lines you can scroll in one click so i can easy my pains a little while i continue evaluating?

                            EDIT:
                            Also, I found that if I update from within the XEditor the Update Installer failed to even launch!
                            But the good thing is if i download the 3.1.4 Setup app from Mirror#1 of your site the setup runs fine.

                            If i can help you with any info about those issues just PM me on here.
                            Am really sorry to hear you are having issues with scroll. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will fix this ASAP but if it doesnt come with the next version (v3.1.5) please dont get angry with me. Nowadays am busy with Unreal Engine 4 and also my game Engage. I will definitely fix the issue you are having but kindly give me some time.

                            Originally posted by DWGS View Post
                            Oh ok, so yeah i have an idea:

                            So you know when you instantiate a function and follow it with {} Brackets
                            I personally think its easier to type them both together while holding shift because its fast.
                            Like:

                            Code:
                            SomeFunction()
                            {}
                            Now from here, the next thing that is super fast is to click between them and press enter and have it inject TWO NEW Blank Lines immediately Followed by a TAB (or four spaces, based on cursor position)
                            So you start with:
                            Code:
                            SomeFunction()
                            {}
                            Then Click between the brackets and press Enter, the intellisense does the above and makes:
                            Code:
                            SomeFunction()
                            {
                                |
                            }
                            The Red | is the resulting current cursor position.
                            Simply because I could already have started the first few words in an if() statement instead of spending that time click/enter or pressing rightarrow,uparrow,Enter.
                            I hope that makes sense, open the Editor and give it a go.
                            I made some improvements and changes for Indent. Could you please check out the newer version (v3.1.5) when it is released. If the feature you are looking for is missing then let me know.

                            Originally posted by DWGS View Post
                            Theres probably a name for this lol, but i think that would be a nice addition.
                            Its called Caret.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                              Caret.
                              There you go, I was awfully scatterbrained at the time, forgive me.
                              But that auto indent between curled braces that places the caret like in my example would make me happy at this point.
                              It alone really(after hours of use) was my only wish.

                              If you need time I'm not going to cuss you or stop using the editor, i mean my opinions and suggestions are ultimately your choice, so you do what you think is best and ill be happy with that.
                              I think i read someone mention a "insert empty /*comment block*\ and#StartBlock from context menu option" and I was thinking that a CurrentSystemTimeStamp in the context menu would be useful as well (or something with similar functionality) perhaps that might useful for productivity for many just not myself.
                              Don't get me wrong, I am indeed quite happy with your software.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by DWGS View Post
                                i mean my opinions and suggestions are ultimately your choice, so you do what you think is best and ill be happy with that.
                                No no, i implement what you guys want because i made it for the community . And your choices is what i implement cause if you guys dont use it then who will. But somethings are quite hard to implement that sometimes i had to rewrite a lot of code and believe me, Unreal X-Editor source code is really really a mess lol. When i first started Unreal X-Editor i had zero knowledge in programming and most of the things i did was experimental. I am still learning it as i go so a lot of additions will be there as i progress.

                                So if you got a suggestion or anything feel free to let me know. Because am really happy to know that you guys like Unreal X-Editor!

                                Originally posted by DWGS View Post
                                I think i read someone mention a "insert empty /*comment block*\ and#StartBlock from context menu option" and I was thinking that a CurrentSystemTimeStamp in the context menu would be useful as well (or something with similar functionality) perhaps that might useful for productivity for many just not myself.
                                This is a easy thing to do and i will add these functions in the next version.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X