This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Is this is a necessary fix? Because honestly i don't want to change the way it is now. But again if this is urgent for you i'll look into it.
    I wouldn't say this is urgent, but I can definitely see it having an impact on productivity. Sometimes if you know exactly what you are going to type out, its faster to just do so instead of using autocomplete, because typing tends to accelerate the more you do in a continuous block. So the problem is if that happens to cover multiple lines where the last word has multiple autocomplete options, and you go to press enter once you have typed that word, then once you have finished your code block, you have to go back and correct all the autocompletes that happened that shouldn't have. And I can see this happening a lot particularly in the default properties section of a class, because the lines don't end with semicolons like in the rest of the code.

So yes, I would say it's necessary, but if I was developing it, I would probably categorize it under "if convenient". So if you happen to go back to the autocomplete mechanism eventually, I would definitely consider this.

Originally posted by AutoBotAM
    - Sometimes I get exceptions or other anomalies when closing the program. The report exception window pops up, but when I try to enter additional info in the text boxes, the text I type doesn't appear. I just sent one of the error reports, hope you may find it useful even if it doesn't have any info in it. I will post more info/screenshots when I come across these problems again.
    Thanks buddy. Did you typed anything into the Contact Email text?
    As AutoBotAM mentioned, the report a bug form doesn't seem to allow any input into the textboxes, including email. I meant to mention this when I was talking about the window priorities in my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by acturuszcj View Post
      I wouldn't say this is urgent, but I can definitely see it having an impact on productivity. Sometimes if you know exactly what you are going to type out, its faster to just do so instead of using autocomplete, because typing tends to accelerate the more you do in a continuous block. So the problem is if that happens to cover multiple lines where the last word has multiple autocomplete options, and you go to press enter once you have typed that word, then once you have finished your code block, you have to go back and correct all the autocompletes that happened that shouldn't have. And I can see this happening a lot particularly in the default properties section of a class, because the lines don't end with semicolons like in the rest of the code.

So yes, I would say it's necessary, but if I was developing it, I would probably categorize it under "if convenient". So if you happen to go back to the autocomplete mechanism eventually, I would definitely consider this.
      Ok then...I'll look into it.

Originally posted by acturuszcj View Post
      As AutoBotAM mentioned, the report a bug form doesn't seem to allow any input into the textboxes, including email. I meant to mention this when I was talking about the window priorities in my previous post.
      You mean the Unhandled Exception Reporter or the Report A Bug inside Misc Tab? I assume its the Unhandled Exception Reporter...right?

Comment

You mean the Unhandled Exception Reporter or the Report A Bug inside Misc Tab? I assume its the Unhandled Exception Reporter...right?
        Whoops, my bad, you're right it's the unhandled exception reporter.

Comment

Thanks buddy. Did you typed anything into the Contact Email text?
          I did. Although no text appeared in the textbox as I was typing. As acturuszcj said, I believe it is in the unhandled exception reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoBotAM View Post
          - Another thing with Go To Function and similar operations, it doesn't seem to work if I highlight the whole function name I want to search. It only works when I have my cursor on one letter of the name, with nothing else selected. Otherwise it takes me to some random irrelevant function.
          Yup. Thats how i designed it. Do you want me to change this?
          I'd like it to recognize if I have the whole function highlighted, yeah. It would really just be additional functionality, including how it works now with left clicking on the function. For me with Visual Studio and other IDEs, I'm so used to double clicking on a function to highlight it all, then Go To Declaration and etc from there.

Can you please tell me which configs failed to save? Did you get any warning/errors while saving/loading any config? If so, please tell me which config is it and what parameter you tried to save.
          The only error I got was that my compile settings were corrupt and were going to be replaced, or something like that. But I checked and they appeared to be the same, I saved it again to be sure. Otherwise, some configs were not saved. The background had been set to gradient mode when I had it set to solid white before. My UDK directory setting also went away, so I had to re-enter that and the 64-bit compiler directory path I had set before. Otherwise... I can't seem to remember anything else.

Pardon me but am afraid i didnt quite understand this. Nesting can be done for all curly braces too. Are you looking to fold functions/events/states etc?
          Yeah, I'm talking about block folding. You see, I have some large thousand-liner script files in my game, and collapsing all the states and etc makes it much more manageable. Currently I have to put //#StartBlock at the beginning of every state block I want to collapse. I am just suggesting adding some features to automate this a little better, such as folding/unfolding all present blocks in the code, with StartBlock or not. I believe Visual Studio has features similar to this in the right click menu. Ideally these features would replace the need to have //#StartBlock.

Thanks buddy. And keep those bug reports, suggestions coming!
          My pleasure!

Comment

Regarding the Go To Declaration I advise you to use the current position of the caret and use the word it is on.
            You'd get the word it is on by going left until you got a delimiter character (or you'd reach the beginning of the line), you now have the start index.
            Then you'd do the same thing but go right, and you now have the end index.
            Get the text that starts at the first index and ends on the second one and you have the word found at the caret position.

For this to work your text control has to move the caret to the mouse position on right clicks, which is standard functionality so it should already be there.

This allows your users to both select the whole word, but also just right click it right away without selecting.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
              I did. Although no text appeared in the textbox as I was typing. As acturuszcj said, I believe it is in the unhandled exception reporter.
              So thats why i dont see emails in the report. Thanks guys!

I'd like it to recognize if I have the whole function highlighted, yeah. It would really just be additional functionality, including how it works now with left clicking on the function. For me with Visual Studio and other IDEs, I'm so used to double clicking on a function to highlight it all, then Go To Declaration and etc from there.
              Ok I'll add this.

The only error I got was that my compile settings were corrupt and were going to be replaced, or something like that. But I checked and they appeared to be the same, I saved it again to be sure. Otherwise, some configs were not saved. The background had been set to gradient mode when I had it set to solid white before. My UDK directory setting also went away, so I had to re-enter that and the 64-bit compiler directory path I had set before. Otherwise... I can't seem to remember anything else.
              The compile settings error was shown because in this new version of Unreal X-Editor i added the UDK mode you want to launch after a successful compile. Even though it shows a compile config error it should load fine. I made it this way because the end-user will surely check out the new compile options. The other settings (like UDK Directory, Gradient mode) will get reset with every new version. This is by design and not a bug.

Yeah, I'm talking about block folding. You see, I have some large thousand-liner script files in my game, and collapsing all the states and etc makes it much more manageable. Currently I have to put //#StartBlock at the beginning of every state block I want to collapse. I am just suggesting adding some features to automate this a little better, such as folding/unfolding all present blocks in the code, with StartBlock or not. I believe Visual Studio has features similar to this in the right click menu. Ideally these features would replace the need to have //#StartBlock.
              So you want to automatically collapse all available blocks when you open a file...right?

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
              Regarding the Go To Declaration I advise you to use the current position of the caret and use the word it is on.
              You'd get the word it is on by going left until you got a delimiter character (or you'd reach the beginning of the line), you now have the start index.
              Then you'd do the same thing but go right, and you now have the end index.
              Get the text that starts at the first index and ends on the second one and you have the word found at the caret position.

For this to work your text control has to move the caret to the mouse position on right clicks, which is standard functionality so it should already be there.

This allows your users to both select the whole word, but also just right click it right away without selecting.
              Hey there 100GPing100

The problem is not with getting the word but with modifiers. For example if i have to find var bool Somebool i can easily do that. But when it is like var config <or any other modifiers> bool Somebool i cant find this. I'll look into Regex to overcome this. Do you have any Regex to share?

Comment

Hey there 100GPing100

The problem is not with getting the word but with modifiers. For example if i have to find var bool Somebool i can easily do that. But when it is like var config <or any other modifiers> bool Somebool i cant find this. I'll look into Regex to overcome this. Do you have any Regex to share?
                Unfortunately I don't have any Regex available. The only Regex I've written was for the highlighter.

The way I've always had in mind for parsing Unreal Script is by writing a parser similar to those used by compilers and never thought of using Regex for that purpose. I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help regarding Regex, I don't really know how to use it.

Comment

(...)Hey there 100GPing100

You can have a look at the source of my plugin, however be warned that this particular code is rather ugly. I use it to parse the source for the autocompletion and some more features.
                  It starts from here. I use a regex for functions, but multiple variables can be declared on one line, so a regex does not work to my knowledge.
                  And if you need a regex, this one might work for some declarations, but probably not for all: (untested, might contain some errors)
                  "var(\(\w*\))?\s([^\s]+)\sbool\sSomebool\s?;"

Comment

Originally posted by zinggi57 View Post
                    You can have a look at the source of my plugin, however be warned that this particular code is rather ugly. I use it to parse the source for the autocompletion and some more features.
                    It starts from here. I use a regex for functions, but multiple variables can be declared on one line, so a regex does not work to my knowledge.
                    And if you need a regex, this one might work for some declarations, but probably not for all: (untested, might contain some errors)
                    "var(\(\w*\))?\s([^\s]+)\sbool\sSomebool\s?;"
                    Very nice of you zinggi57. Thank you very much . I'll look into this soon.

Comment

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a few days.

So you want to automatically collapse all available blocks when you open a file...right?
                      I want it to be able to collapse all blocks, but not automatically after opening the file. I just want to be able to do it. Perhaps in the right-click menu alongside "Collapse all //#StartBlock" and "Expand all //#StartBlock", you could put "Collapse all blocks" and "Expand all blocks", which would work on all blocks regardless of the //#StartBlock tag. Over all the benefit would be I could expand/fold all my code blocks without having to add //#StartBlock at the beginning of each of them. I believe Visual Studio has functionality very similar to this.

Comment

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a few days.

I want it to be able to collapse all blocks, but not automatically after opening the file. I just want to be able to do it. Perhaps in the right-click menu alongside "Collapse all //#StartBlock" and "Expand all //#StartBlock", you could put "Collapse all blocks" and "Expand all blocks", which would work on all blocks regardless of the //#StartBlock tag. Over all the benefit would be I could expand/fold all my code blocks without having to add //#StartBlock at the beginning of each of them. I believe Visual Studio has functionality very similar to this.
                        Ok I'll add that option.

Comment

And thank you for considering all my suggestions! I have another one. Whenever the new class template creates "event Post/PreBeginPlay()", instead make it "simulated event Post/PreBeginPlay()" so the compiler stops throwing a warning about it.

Comment

And thank you for considering all my suggestions! I have another one. Whenever the new class template creates "event Post/PreBeginPlay()", instead make it "simulated event Post/PreBeginPlay()" so the compiler stops throwing a warning about it.
                            Done. Changed it. Will be available in next version.

Comment

Hey Ryan I'm currently working at the moment and I realized that I should probably mention this.

The only real pet peeve I had while working is with aligning code most the time.

When I use the arrow keys to move from character to character the writing cursor has a hard time keeping up and disappears as if its loading for a bit.
                              Also when clicking on a location it starts invisible and it would help tons if when clicking it started visible to know if I positioned it correctly.

As for personal requests I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a code alignment hotkeys like the ones in visual studio to help keep track of new and old code. (ctrl+k+f while highlighting area you want aligned)

Regardless thanks for all the help.
                              If you're interested in adding my project as one that is currently using your IDE I finally put together a rough site for it at jollyrogerstudios.net. >.<

Comment

Originally posted by NoxRequiem View Post
                                When I use the arrow keys to move from character to character the writing cursor has a hard time keeping up and disappears as if its loading for a bit.
                                Also when clicking on a location it starts invisible and it would help tons if when clicking it started visible to know if I positioned it correctly.
                                Go to settings menu and select Code Color Settings. There change the Caret Color to something else (Red is good) and save.

As for personal requests I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a code alignment hotkeys like the ones in visual studio to help keep track of new and old code. (ctrl+k+f while highlighting area you want aligned)
                                I dont know about that feature and in my Visual Studio i dont have that shortcut. Can you please explain this more?

If you're interested in adding my project as one that is currently using your IDE I finally put together a rough site for it at jollyrogerstudios.net. >.<
                                Sure, I'd love to! Did you register already? If so, please tell what name and which project and i'll update. If you haven't yet registered please do so and i'll get the details.

Comment

Working...
                                X