Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back! Got to say, this program is really great. Made getting into UnrealScript so much easier. One problem... I used Visual Studio 2012 for a while before I reformatted my PC and it had a really handy way to navigate to class extensions. I noticed when right clicking there isn't an option to navigate to other classes your extending. Also, a few bugs to report. The debug window at the bottom can't be scrolled without is jumping right back to the default position. This happens after compiling a compile when trying to flick through errors or general log information. I'm using Windows 7 64 Pro if that helps debug.

Comment

Originally posted by acturuszcj View Post
      Hi again ryan. I dunno if you're already on this one, but is there a possibility of being able to pass the debug flag into the compiler from the editor? Reason I asked is cause I tried using that Unreal Debugger you linked in a previous post, but cannot get it to work as it needs the -debug flag being passed into the compiler. The editor always seems to build as release.
      Since Debugging is not supported in Unreal X-Editor i skipped the -debug flag. Do you want me to add a custom parameters section in Compiler window?

Also, this is just a little thing, but since you have said in the registration window that you don't wish people who are just learning unrealscript to register. Would it be an idea to put a checkbox in that to stop it popping up each time the program starts, similar to the start screen?
      Inside the registration window there is a option called "Do Not Register". Press that and registration window wont bother you again.
      NOTE: Unreal X-Editor has a built-in help file. Dont forget to use that too (Press F1).

Originally posted by IchII3D View Post
      I'm back! Got to say, this program is really great. Made getting into UnrealScript so much easier. One problem... I used Visual Studio 2012 for a while before I reformatted my PC and it had a really handy way to navigate to class extensions. I noticed when right clicking there isn't an option to navigate to other classes your extending.
      In Unreal X-Editor you need to select the word (that comes after extend) and then right click to show some more options. Please click here to know more.

The debug window at the bottom can't be scrolled without is jumping right back to the default position. This happens after compiling a compile when trying to flick through errors or general log information. I'm using Windows 7 64 Pro if that helps debug.
      Please download the new version (v3.1.4) tomorrow and let me know.

Comment

Got it, thanks for your help and support guys! Really appreciate it.

Comment

It seems that once again I have been confronted my idiocy, apologies XD.

a customer parameters section in the compiler window would be awesome though

Comment

a customer parameters section in the compiler window would be awesome though
            Consider it done

New version of Unreal X-Editor is now available. Here are the major changes:
            • New Toast Notifications
            • New Function Finder
            • New Integrated Application: Clean UDK Leftovers
            • New Integrated Application: Lightmass Tweaker
            • Added Go To Function option [Limited]
            • Improved Code Explorer now lists all functions and events (native, final and all other)
            • Failure to read Class Tree cache will no longer crash Unreal X-Editor
            • UDK Compile and Game options will now automatically load on startup
            • All open tabs will now be saved upon exit and will reopen on startup

To read full list of changes please visit Unreal X-Editor Blog Post.

Comment

Dude let me be the first to let you know how exciting this is. UnrealX is he reason I decided to work with UDK over other IDE's and API's

Comment

Downloaded the new patch. All seems well, though I have a few house keeping issues to report:
                - Firstly, there seems to be a problem with a thread not being disposed after the program finishes.
                Every time I run the program after the first time in a single session I get told that it is still running
                and if I want to kill the thread. So you end up having to execute the programs exe twice every
                time you open the program after the first time in a single computer session. Once to kill the process
                and another to actually run the program.
                - I think there is a problem with window priorities. I went use the "Report A Bug" Button, and to double
                check the version of the app I also went and clicked the about button. The about window showed up,
                but behind the report a bug window. After that there was this kind of circle of death, the report a bug
                window wouldn't respond to any clicks or drags, so I couldn't get at the about window which had obviously
                taken input focus, which means I had to ctrl-alt-delete to close the app.
                - Last thing, and probably isn't such a big deal. I like how the editor opens in whichever monitor your cursor is
                in. But it takes the location of the mouse cursor at multiple stages, and at each of them it could switch
                monitors, which makes it difficult to go and do other things on your other monitors while you're waiting for
                the editor to load. So for example, I make a shortcut on monitor X and wish to start up the editor on monitor X.
                So I double click the the shortcut, the loading splash window pops up in that window, and imma happy.
                So while it's loading I go over to monitor Y and check my email. So imma typgin out an email to my boss
                saying everything hunky dory and then boom, the editor pops up on monitor Y over my email-to-be.

Like I said, these are probs not big things, but better that they're on your list than not on them if you get my drift.

P.S noticed one more thing while I am typing this out. If you close the editor window with the startup dialog open,
                the startup dialog stays open. This is probs going back to the first thing in the list.

Apologies if I am coming off as demanding, like I said above, I am just tryin to be helpful.

Comment

EDIT: Ignore this original message, I got to the bottom of the crash and it wasn't caused by the IDE.

EDIT: Also as I have been using the program I noticed that whenever I close the program and reopen it says that the program is still running and if I wish to continue I must force it to close. I have had this in the previous build and the latest patch.

Comment

Originally posted by NoxRequiem View Post
                    Dude let me be the first to let you know how exciting this is. UnrealX is he reason I decided to work with UDK over other IDE's and API's
                    Thank you very much NoxRequiem. Am really happy to know that!

- I think there is a problem with window priorities. I went use the "Report A Bug" Button, and to double
                    check the version of the app I also went and clicked the about button. The about window showed up,
                    but behind the report a bug window. After that there was this kind of circle of death, the report a bug
                    window wouldn't respond to any clicks or drags, so I couldn't get at the about window which had obviously
                    taken input focus, which means I had to ctrl-alt-delete to close the app.
                    Noted. Will be fixed in next version.

- Last thing, and probably isn't such a big deal. I like how the editor opens in whichever monitor your cursor is
                    in. But it takes the location of the mouse cursor at multiple stages, and at each of them it could switch
                    monitors, which makes it difficult to go and do other things on your other monitors while you're waiting for
                    the editor to load. So for example, I make a shortcut on monitor X and wish to start up the editor on monitor X.
                    So I double click the the shortcut, the loading splash window pops up in that window, and imma happy.
                    So while it's loading I go over to monitor Y and check my email. So imma typgin out an email to my boss
                    saying everything hunky dory and then boom, the editor pops up on monitor Y over my email-to-be.
                    I have a question on this (since i dont have dual monitor setup). How about an option to force start Unreal X-Editor on any monitor. For example when you start Unreal X-Editor for the first time it will ask you (only shows on systems with dual monitor) on which monitor should Unreal X-Editor show. You select Option 2 (second monitor) and then Unreal X-Editor will show on second monitor and will remember this setting for future startups. In settings menu there will be an option to change it (again only shows up on dual monitor systems). Will this kind of setup work for you?

P.S noticed one more thing while I am typing this out. If you close the editor window with the startup dialog open,
                    the startup dialog stays open. This is probs going back to the first thing in the list.
                    Noted. Will be fixed in next version.

Apologies if I am coming off as demanding, like I said above, I am just tryin to be helpful.
                    No need to apologize my friend and keep them coming.

- Firstly, there seems to be a problem with a thread not being disposed after the program finishes.
                    Every time I run the program after the first time in a single session I get told that it is still running
                    and if I want to kill the thread. So you end up having to execute the programs exe twice every
                    time you open the program after the first time in a single computer session. Once to kill the process
                    and another to actually run the program.
                    Also as I have been using the program I noticed that whenever I close the program and reopen it says that the program is still running and if I wish to continue I must force it to close. I have had this in the previous build and the latest patch.
                    Sorry about this. I understand how annoying it can be. I will fix this in next version.

Just curious to know did you guys like the new Clean UDK Leftovers and LightmassTweaker?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                      I have a question on this (since i dont have dual monitor setup). How about an option to force start Unreal X-Editor on any monitor. For example when you start Unreal X-Editor for the first time it will ask you (only shows on systems with dual monitor) on which monitor should Unreal X-Editor show. You select Option 2 (second monitor) and then Unreal X-Editor will show on second monitor and will remember this setting for future startups. In settings menu there will be an option to change it (again only shows up on dual monitor systems). Will this kind of setup work for you?
                      I think that's a good idea. If you're gonna do that though, I would suggest using a combobox and enumerating the displays (C++, C#), as that allows for potentially any number of displays. (I myself use three monitors).

If you weren't going to do it that way, then I would probably suggest forcing it to open on whichever monitor is set to primary.

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                      Just curious to know did you guys like the new Clean UDK Leftovers and LightmassTweaker?
                      Admittedly, I am really just a beginner when it comes to Unrealscript dev (Literally just a few days at the moment ;D) so I haven't found myself needing to use them yet. But I will be soon, and when I do I shall test the hell out of them however I can.

Comment

Howdy, Just noticed this in the code explorer. Have uploaded a screenshot. I used the CameraShake.uc file as an example:

There seems to be a visual glitch here, can't really read the entry. This happens when I maximize or de-maximise the window
                        by both double clicking the title bar and the maximize control button. Resizing is otherwise fine, minimize is also fine.
                        Once this has happened it seems clicking the entry beneath the clicked one normalizes it again.

Comment

Howdy, Just noticed this in the code explorer. Have uploaded a screenshot. I used the CameraShake.uc file as an example:

There seems to be a visual glitch here, can't really read the entry. This happens when I maximize or de-maximise the window
                          by both double clicking the title bar and the maximize control button. Resizing is otherwise fine, minimize is also fine.
                          Once this has happened it seems clicking the entry beneath the clicked one normalizes it again.
                          Stupid me i thought i fixed it. I think tegleg reported about this issue and i thought i fixed it. Am sorry mate...i'll fix it up.

Comment

Hi, another potential thing for your list. With the autocomplete, it does it all well, until you finish the word you are typing. Sometimes I know
                            I type fast enough for me not to notice that auto-complete has popped up, so I don't use it to complete the word I am typing. The problem is
                            if that word also formed part of another word, then I finish the word I am currently typing, the word I just finished typing disappears from the
                            list and the next word becomes highlighted. This wouldn't be a problem, but if it is the last word in a line in the default properties which doesn't
                            use a semi-colon, you then go to press enter and it replaces the word you just typed with the next word in the auto-complete list. What I would
                            suggest is not removing the word from the list until a character is typed to make that word an invalid option, for example the user has begun to
                            continue typing AFTER they have finished the word to signify that they definitely do not want that word.

Comment

Hey ryanjon. 3.1.4 is a great update! My thoughts on more improvements:

- Is there any way to keep the Startup Page from showing up when I start the program? I hardly use it. Although I have to say, great props for you for having the program save my open tabs!!

- Whenever I shut down the program, is there a way to keep it from asking me to close my tabs? Since its gonna save them anyway, it doesn't really make sense to ask. At least a "do not ask me again" checkbox would be nice.

- Sometimes I get exceptions or other anomalies when closing the program. The report exception window pops up, but when I try to enter additional info in the text boxes, the text I type doesn't appear. I just sent one of the error reports, hope you may find it useful even if it doesn't have any info in it. I will post more info/screenshots when I come across these problems again.

- I get the same problem with the code explorer that acturuszcj was having.

- Once again, it'd be nice (at least for me) to have the member functions be organized into states, perhaps as branches, in the code explorer. I have not found this feature in 3.1.4. It would at least be nice for me, because my PlayerController is for a platforming game, so it has well over 10-20 states in it. Sorry if you've already been working on this and I'm just pestering.

- Whenever I use "Find Function", it gives me a note saying stuff like... wait, I can't copy and paste from the output panel... that's another thing to add... anyway, it says stuff like "Finished collecting 10 usage(s) for FunctionName"... Is there supposed to be more to it than just that? Like a list of the places where the function is used? Or is it just for telling how often the function is used?

- It would be nice to have some "Go To Variable definition/declaration" functionality alongside "Go To Function". Currently when I right click a variable, it only has the Go To Function operations, which really doesn't make sense with variable searching.

- "Go To Function" seems to work well for functions in the CURRENT class hierarchy, but it does not work for functions in other objects with the member specifier, like "Foo.Bar()". Something worth considering to add.

- Another thing with Go To Function and similar operations, it doesn't seem to work if I highlight the whole function name I want to search. It only works when I have my cursor on one letter of the name, with nothing else selected. Otherwise it takes me to some random irrelevant function.

- Some of my program config wasn't saved in the update. This isn't that big of a deal, and I know some configs change/become obsolete after a while, but perhaps you could have it save an update INI whenever an update occurs, saving the relevant configs so the user doesn't have to worry about it afterwards.

- It would be nice to have some nesting operations that don't require //#StartBlock. Perhaps something for nesting and un-nesting all the blocks, or for nesting everything in a specific block, and etc. Just an idea, I'm okay with how it is now though.

- When Go To Function does its search, it searches all the class levels above the current one, but it does not search the current class level.

Over all I am really liking this update, though! Keep it coming!

Comment

Hi, another potential thing for your list. With the autocomplete, it does it all well, until you finish the word you are typing. Sometimes I know
                                I type fast enough for me not to notice that auto-complete has popped up, so I don't use it to complete the word I am typing. The problem is
                                if that word also formed part of another word, then I finish the word I am currently typing, the word I just finished typing disappears from the
                                list and the next word becomes highlighted. This wouldn't be a problem, but if it is the last word in a line in the default properties which doesn't
                                use a semi-colon, you then go to press enter and it replaces the word you just typed with the next word in the auto-complete list. What I would
                                suggest is not removing the word from the list until a character is typed to make that word an invalid option, for example the user has begun to
                                continue typing AFTER they have finished the word to signify that they definitely do not want that word.
                                Is this is a necessary fix? Because honestly i dont want to change the way it is now. But again if this is urgent for you i'll look into it.

Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
                                - Is there any way to keep the Startup Page from showing up when I start the program? I hardly use it. Although I have to say, great props for you for having the program save my open tabs!!
                                At the bottom of Startup Page there is a option called "Show Page at Startup". Disable it and close the Startup Page. It won't bother you again.

- Whenever I shut down the program, is there a way to keep it from asking me to close my tabs? Since its gonna save them anyway, it doesn't really make sense to ask. At least a "do not ask me again" checkbox would be nice.
                                I made it so the users can save if theres a new file that needs saving.

- Sometimes I get exceptions or other anomalies when closing the program. The report exception window pops up, but when I try to enter additional info in the text boxes, the text I type doesn't appear. I just sent one of the error reports, hope you may find it useful even if it doesn't have any info in it. I will post more info/screenshots when I come across these problems again.
                                Thanks buddy. Did you typed anything into the Contact Email text?

- I get the same problem with the code explorer that acturuszcj was having.
                                I apologize for that. I thought i actually fixed it. I'll fix it up in the next version.

- Once again, it'd be nice (at least for me) to have the member functions be organized into states, perhaps as branches, in the code explorer. I have not found this feature in 3.1.4. It would at least be nice for me, because my PlayerController is for a platforming game, so it has well over 10-20 states in it. Sorry if you've already been working on this and I'm just pestering.
                                Ahh states...I totally forgot about that. I'll update about this here soon.

- Whenever I use "Find Function", it gives me a note saying stuff like... wait, I can't copy and paste from the output panel... that's another thing to add... anyway, it says stuff like "Finished collecting 10 usage(s) for FunctionName"... Is there supposed to be more to it than just that? Like a list of the places where the function is used? Or is it just for telling how often the function is used?
                                It lists the number of times you used used the function.

- It would be nice to have some "Go To Variable definition/declaration" functionality alongside "Go To Function". Currently when I right click a variable, it only has the Go To Function operations, which really doesn't make sense with variable searching.
                                Go To Declaration was actually included but later removed because of some issues. Am working on it now.

- "Go To Function" seems to work well for functions in the CURRENT class hierarchy, but it does not work for functions in other objects with the member specifier, like "Foo.Bar()". Something worth considering to add.
                                It should work. For example:
                                Code:
                                local MaterialInstanceConstant MIC
                                MIC.SetParent(...);
                                If you left-click on the SetParent and then right-click and select Go To Function it navigates to MaterialInstanceConstant -> SetParent function.

- Another thing with Go To Function and similar operations, it doesn't seem to work if I highlight the whole function name I want to search. It only works when I have my cursor on one letter of the name, with nothing else selected. Otherwise it takes me to some random irrelevant function.
                                Yup. Thats how i designed it. Do you want me to change this?

- Some of my program config wasn't saved in the update. This isn't that big of a deal, and I know some configs change/become obsolete after a while, but perhaps you could have it save an update INI whenever an update occurs, saving the relevant configs so the user doesn't have to worry about it afterwards.
                                Can you please tell me which configs failed to save? Did you get any warning/errors while saving/loading any config? If so, please tell me which config is it and what parameter you tried to save.

- It would be nice to have some nesting operations that don't require //#StartBlock. Perhaps something for nesting and un-nesting all the blocks, or for nesting everything in a specific block, and etc. Just an idea, I'm okay with how it is now though.
                                Pardon me but am afraid i didnt quite understand this. Nesting can be done for all curly braces too. Are you looking to fold functions/events/states etc?

- When Go To Function does its search, it searches all the class levels above the current one, but it does not search the current class level.
                                Thanks for pointing that out. Will fix it in next version.

Over all I am really liking this update, though! Keep it coming!
                                Thanks buddy. And keep those bug reports, suggestions coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X