This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Do you have a sample Interface file that you worked with?
    Just make a blank file with one line: "interface IFoo;", the name doesn't matter. Whenever I compile it, it gives a "Class mismatch" error and points to my interface file, and then the compilation afterwards always acts strangely, and never displays the compilation info. You can try it to see what I mean. Also, when making a new file, there isn't a template for a basic interface. Not that its very important, one can make an interface with the empty file template and two phrases.

And when I go to save the file, it doesn't put the interface name in the file name automatically like it would do with a class, I have to enter the name manually. Also the term "interface" does not seem to be highlighted in blue in the code.

EDIT: Oh, also, I name the file exactly after the interface, as a UC. In this case "IFoo.uc". After looking at the engine code, they put interfaces in UC files as well, so it should be fine.

Comment

I receive this error when opening the program, it will not allow me to enter anything into the "additional information" field nor will the program start.
      I'm super excited to use something better then Notepad++, hope you can help

Windows 7 x64
      AMD Vision

Comment

Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
        Just make a blank file with one line: "interface IFoo;", the name doesn't matter. Whenever I compile it, it gives a "Class mismatch" error and points to my interface file, and then the compilation afterwards always acts strangely, and never displays the compilation info. You can try it to see what I mean. Also, when making a new file, there isn't a template for a basic interface. Not that its very important, one can make an interface with the empty file template and two phrases.

And when I go to save the file, it doesn't put the interface name in the file name automatically like it would do with a class, I have to enter the name manually. Also the term "interface" does not seem to be highlighted in blue in the code.

EDIT: Oh, also, I name the file exactly after the interface, as a UC. In this case "IFoo.uc". After looking at the engine code, they put interfaces in UC files as well, so it should be fine.
        Thanks for the info AutoBotAM. I'll look into this. Is this is a urgent fix for you? I have already compiled the new version (v3.1.4) and i'll upload it soon. So can you wait till v3.1.5?

Originally posted by yukonmadman View Post
        I receive this error when opening the program, it will not allow me to enter anything into the "additional information" field nor will the program start.
        I'm super excited to use something better then Notepad++, hope you can help

Windows 7 x64
        AMD Vision
        Download Unreal X-Editor Master Reset and run it. It will fix this issue.

Comment

Thanks for the info AutoBotAM. I'll look into this. Is this is a urgent fix for you? I have already compiled the new version (v3.1.4) and i'll upload it soon. So can you wait till v3.1.5?
          Thanks. No, it is not urgent, classes will do fine for me right now, I can wait for v3.1.5.

Comment

Download Unreal X-Editor Master Reset and run it. It will fix this issue.
            Thanks for the response, but unfortunately this program crashes on my system when I hit "y" to start it, and unreal X is still broken . An additional detail that may help: I haven't successfully opened the program once, all settings are of default. Do I need some sort of framework/runtime that doesn't come with windows 7?

Comment

Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
              Thanks. No, it is not urgent, classes will do fine for me right now, I can wait for v3.1.5.
              Good to hear that

Originally posted by yukonmadman View Post
              Thanks for the response, but unfortunately this program crashes on my system when I hit "y" to start it, and unreal X is still broken . An additional detail that may help: I haven't successfully opened the program once, all settings are of default. Do I need some sort of framework/runtime that doesn't come with windows 7?
              Oh so you havent yet opened it. Ok Download this Verdana Font and install it in your system and start Unreal X-Editor.

Comment

Well folks, looks like I can't get involved with this project. I don't own licenses to some of the commercial libraries used in the code, so it ends there. Thanks for considering it, RyanJon

Comment

Oh so you havent yet opened it. Ok Download this Verdana Font and install it in your system and start Unreal X-Editor.
                  You'd think I'd have figured that out on my own lol... Works fine now. It throws an error when I close it, but that doesn't seem to be causing any actual problems. Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi Ryanjon, just downloaded your IDE for the first time, and really liking it. I get an unhandled exception for a string conversion when I click load compile options button on the compile ribbon menu. I send the report off, but the wierd thing was, I couldn't type anything into any of the boxes.

EDIT: I also can't seem to be able to find the ini editor anywhere O_O I hope I am not blind. I have looks in the integrated apps tab but it's not there.
                    Haven't been able to find it whilst looking elsewhere either. Another Issue I am having with the above unhandled exception dialog is that when I am
                    transmitting the report, the confirmation window pops up beneath the error window. And I have to move the error window to get at the confirmation
                    dialog, as alt-tabbing to it doesn't work.

I just came across these things whilst using them and thought you'd might like to know if you didn't already. Personally I ain't in dire need for a fix for any of them.....yet.

Again, gotta say its a very well designed application from my perspective

Comment

Hi acturuszcj,

Could you please resave the compile options and try again? As for the INI Editor, you need to double click on any INI file inside INI Explorer to open it. Other minor things, i will fix them in another version (v3.1.5) because i have already compiled the new version (v3.1.4) which will be available tomorrow. Please make sure you update to the new version tomorrow.

Comment

aha! I thought I must've been being blind lol nice one. Soz for the case of rtfm.
                        Also will do on the update ;D

Comment

I just started using this IDE and I'm very new to UnrealScript but in the BETA version I downloaded the main window has a background gradient of grey to white from top to bottom. The problem with this is its impossible to see green text against the grey background. I can't seem to find where to change the background colour as each theme change seems to keep the main window the same.

Comment

Originally posted by IchII3D View Post
                            I just started using this IDE and I'm very new to UnrealScript but in the BETA version I downloaded the main window has a background gradient of grey to white from top to bottom. The problem with this is its impossible to see green text against the grey background. I can't seem to find where to change the background colour as each theme change seems to keep the main window the same.
                            you can turn off gradients in the settings. You can configure the specific colours you want to use the the Code Color Settings tab as well. Its comes with a good range of built in themes imo. Also, for point of reference, if you go onto the Editor menu at the top of the main window, there is a section called appearance where you can change the appearance of the actual window itself which is pretty cool.

Comment

Hi again ryan. I dunno if you're already on this one, but is there a possibility of being able to pass the debug flag into the compiler from the editor? Reason I asked is cause I tried using that Unreal Debugger you linked in a previous post, but cannot get it to work as it needs the -debug flag being passed into the compiler. The editor always seems to build as release.

Also, this is just a little thing, but since you have said in the registration window that you don't wish people who are just learning unrealscript to register. Would it be an idea to put a checkbox in that to stop it popping up each time the program starts, similar to the start screen?

EDIT: spelled your name wrong, how embarrassing :S

Comment

Thanks a lot Much easier to read now.

Comment

Working...
                                X