Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this editor. I know you are in the process of fixing the background, but that is my only complaint (code a lot so white gives me a headache).

Comment

Originally posted by vipar View Post
      Downloading updates from the program does not work.
      When I download the update, I get a zip file, in which there is an exe file.

I cannot pull the exe file out, and I can't extract it to a new folder. When I double-click the exe in the zip, the exe crashes immediately.

When I press the update button inside the application, it says "Update is ready to be downloaded!" but none of the buttons are highlighted, so I can't click them.
      Even if I say no to get the update, the program downloads the update any way.

Please upload a new updated version of your program, since this update feature simply does not work for me at all.
      Vipar....Sorry for the inconvenience....But please know that the update is a simple ZIP file and you can use WinZip/7-Zip/WinRAR or even Defaut Windows Zip program to unzip it. Am not sure why you cant extract it from the zip file. Once unzipped you can simply replace the old exe with this new one. Double clicking the exe inside ZIP file will definitely crash it because it relies on some DLL files for startup.

Anyway i've sent you a PM containing the new EXE. Download and replace it with the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosalexandresc View Post
        My opinion would be to improve including tabs each new class open as the other editors and compilers

Yup....expect the TAB supported version soon

Comment

Unreal X-Editor supports UTF-8? I do not think. It's too bad.

Comment

New version updated. Please see first post

Comment

Some things:
              • Tree view is only a package tree and not a class tree so far. That is fine if you want to look up a class in your project-specific folder quickly, but for the understanding of code is also hierarchical tree necessary, like the one that you see in the Actor Class Browser.
              • At the moment does the editor severely lock up when you compile scripts. It responds to nothing until the compilation is complete.
              • The console window does not manage to stay on top of the editor window. It also has no maximize button, which is severely needed as long as we don't have a line wrap option for it.
              • The compile ribbon is unnecessary. Instead should you give us a window with more compile options. Here the WOTgreal example: simply check the compile options that should be executed and they will be appended as parameter on the compiler.
              • Also note the nice dotted lines between if-brackets in that WOTgreal example.
              • Here some ideas for the syntax highlighting settings: http://i.imgur.com/GhvhM.png (Also note the "speed settings" templates. I want your editor to ship with a template that imitate the colors of Epic's old Unreal Development Environment, though I could probably figure them out on my own. )
              • You stated that it already had a debugger, so might we get some insight on how to use/start it?
              • Once the class tree and parsing is implemented, the search functionality should be extended to search in all script files or specifically the parents and children of classes.
              • And then an option to highlight the class of the currently active tab in class tree view (and expand parent classes until they show that class).

So far, so good.

Comment

This is amazing!

Still looking for intellisense and goto definition/declaration! Think you are going to do something like that?

Also is there a way to disable the highlight words thing? Or make it so it only hi lights it when you are selecting the whole word? (like notepad++)

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                  Some things:
                  • Tree view is only a package tree and not a class tree so far. That is fine if you want to look up a class in your project-specific folder quickly, but for the understanding of code is also hierarchical tree necessary, like the one that you see in the Actor Class Browser.
                  • At the moment does the editor severely lock up when you compile scripts. It responds to nothing until the compilation is complete.
                  • The console window does not manage to stay on top of the editor window. It also has no maximize button, which is severely needed as long as we don't have a line wrap option for it.
                  • The compile ribbon is unnecessary. Instead should you give us a window with more compile options. Here the WOTgreal example: simply check the compile options that should be executed and they will be appended as parameter on the compiler.
                  • Also note the nice dotted lines between if-brackets in that WOTgreal example.
                  • Here some ideas for the syntax highlighting settings: http://i.imgur.com/GhvhM.png (Also note the "speed settings" templates. I want your editor to ship with a template that imitate the colors of Epic's old Unreal Development Environment, though I could probably figure them out on my own. )
                  • You stated that it already had a debugger, so might we get some insight on how to use/start it?
                  • Once the class tree and parsing is implemented, the search functionality should be extended to search in all script files or specifically the parents and children of classes.
                  • And then an option to highlight the class of the currently active tab in class tree view (and expand parent classes until they show that class).

So far, so good.
                  Thanks Crusha K.Rool

Do you know where can i find the complete list of compile options? Any links?

I have also fixed the console window lock up when compiling.

EDIT: forgot to show this...This is the UDK Game Debug options i was talking about..

Originally posted by Saucy View Post
                  This is amazing!

Still looking for intellisense and goto definition/declaration! Think you are going to do something like that?

Also is there a way to disable the highlight words thing? Or make it so it only hi lights it when you are selecting the whole word? (like notepad++)
                  Thanks Saucy...Autocomplete feature is already there. Goto definition/declaration will be added soon

To disable highlight words, Go to settings menu and change "Word Highlight" to Transparent (In Web Tab). That will disable word highlight.

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Comma...e%20Commandlet

Including the description of each parameter as tooltip might be helpful.

With debugging options was I referring to breakpoints, watches and all that fancy stuff. Pausing the running game when a certain point in script is reached and being able to continue it step by step, function by function, statement by statement while looking at the values of each variable in memory.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DebuggerInterface.html

Comment

I saw this over on the Polycount forums. Sounds really useful and intuitive, especially to those who aint that fluent with programming yet. If I ever decide to try and pick up the Uscript towel again, I'll be sure to use your program!

I remember programs like Notepad++ were an absolute nightmare (I couldn't even get it to recognise Uscript), I found the bogstandard Notepad much better, even though it left you fumbling in the dark, and I didn't have the patience for shareware programs like WOTgreal, with its annoying "wait an increasing amount of time every time you load me up" routine.

I'll watch this space!

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Comma...e%20Commandlet

Including the description of each parameter as tooltip might be helpful.
                        Consider it done

It will be available in the next update

With debugging options was I referring to breakpoints, watches and all that fancy stuff. Pausing the running game when a certain point in script is reached and being able to continue it step by step, function by function, statement by statement while looking at the values of each variable in memory.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DebuggerInterface.html
                        Hmmm...this one is quite advanced for me. To be honest i dont know how to implement this. But i will try....

Comment

Maybe you can get some help from someone else here. Maybe even from Alexander77, who implemented that in his own IDE.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                            Thanks Saucy...(1)Autocomplete feature is already there. Goto definition/declaration will be added soon

To disable highlight words, (2)Go to settings menu and change "Word Highlight" to Transparent (In Web Tab). That will disable word highlight.
                            (1) Really? I honestly don't see it. When I type say.. Pawn.<I don't get any suggestions right here> well I mean I get something like Equals() but thats useless to me. (also assume I have a variable named Pawn for Pawn) or when I'm typing in a variable I'm not getting suggestions. It seems that whereever I type a "." I just get those 4 functions suggested.. even in comments (example below.)

Intellisense parses the code so that it can give you accurate suggestions. (I think) Something like this:

As you'd type in letters it would filter it.

(2) Ahh I can't believe I didn't see that my bad. I would still like to see the notepad++ style for doing that still :P

Keep up the good work on this editor :]

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                              Yup...It contains UDK Game Debug options. It also features UDK Editor DX11 Launcher.
                              Uhm, I don't know if this is the same thing I'm talking about.

Am I able to set breakpoints in code and debug directly from the editor?

Edit: Sorry I saw your post only now.
                              Well, that is the sole advantage for me on using an IDE over text editors, so I guess I will stick to nfringe for a while :2

Comment

How do you enable autocomplete?

Comment

Working...
                                X