This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want me to add a Game option?
    Indeed. Yes, I did notice the editor option, but I use the game feature a lot, too, so it'd be nice to have an auto-run feature for that.

What you mean is IntelliSense which is way too advanced stuff. I hope to implement it sometime in the future.
    Hmm. Well it seems that intellisense functionality for class members is already present in the code explorer. Its really just a matter of figuring out which class the programmer is accessing members from, then just display a mini "code explorer" as an intellisense pop-up. Figuring out which functions/classes the programmer wants seems to be inherent functionality to the "go to definition/declaration" code you've been working on But maybe its more complicated than that, I don't really know.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
      I use the game feature a lot, too, so it'd be nice to have an auto-run feature for that.
      Consider it done

But maybe its more complicated than that, I don't really know.
      Infact it is. But as i said, it might be included in future.

Comment

Infact it is. But as i said, it might be included in future.
        Alright, fair enough.

Comment

Waw, thanks a lot, am gonna start learning more about unreal script on this.
          Just one question: in which language is this coded in?

Comment

My guess would be C# and .net

Am I wrong? (not that being wrong would surprise me :P)

Comment

It should be right since it requires .net, it's probably vb.net or C#

Comment

Only vb.net

Comment

Thank you for this! It's going to be much easier to use UnrealScript now!

Comment

Originally posted by maschill92 View Post
                    Thank you for this! It's going to be much easier to use UnrealScript now!
                    Thank you maschill92

Comment

Hey ryanjon2040, thought you might want to know I found another bug. I tried to find the DamageType class in the Class Tree, but it wasn't there. I found that DamageType extended "object" instead of "Object", so I changed it to the correct casing, and it worked. I would make it so that the class tree generator isn't case sensitive, as some class branches are being omitted. That is all :-)

Comment

Hey ryanjon2040, thought you might want to know I found another bug. I tried to find the DamageType class in the Class Tree, but it wasn't there. I found that DamageType extended "object" instead of "Object", so I changed it to the correct casing, and it worked. I would make it so that the class tree generator isn't case sensitive, as some class branches are being omitted. That is all :-)
                        Hi AutoBotAM. Thank you for your report. I fixed this issue. .

Dont forget to check out Unreal X-Editor Blog. I have included some new features.

Comment

I tried searching this thread, but I haven't found an answer to this question:

Do you have plans for making this project open source?

I'd like to implement intellisense/autocomplete and debugger integration. Thanks for the great work on this IDE - it's looking great so far!

Comment

Originally posted by GerryH View Post

I'd like to implement intellisense/autocomplete and debugger integration. Thanks for the great work on this IDE - it's looking great so far!
                            Hi GerryH. Can we discuss this via PM? If so, please send me a PM with more info.

Comment

Originally posted by GerryH View Post

I like this guy!

Ryanjon, another question that came across my head: could you make the IDE more friendly to creating Unrealscript interfaces? I wanted to create an interface for my enemy NPCs, but the IDE behaves strangely when I try to add one to my project. Just try adding an empty interface to see what I mean. It's not an emergency, I can just use a class for now.

Comment

I like this guy!
                                We are discussing about it!

Ryanjon, another question that came across my head: could you make the IDE more friendly to creating Unrealscript interfaces? I wanted to create an interface for my enemy NPCs, but the IDE behaves strangely when I try to add one to my project. Just try adding an empty interface to see what I mean. It's not an emergency, I can just use a class for now.
                                Do you have a sample Interface file that you worked with?

Comment

Working...
                                X