Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.5 Available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by shadowscrawl View Post
    the cursor annoys the hell out of me. The problem is that It flashes in reverse meaning that if you think of it in two steps step 0 is off (invisible) and step 1 is on (visible). I feel like it would be much better in reverse with 0 being on and 1 being off. Before you dismiss this as the silliest request you have ever heard please hear me out. The problem is that every time you move your cursor it resets to 0 so if you routinely use the arrow keys to navigate your cursor around it will remain always at 0 and therefore be invisible requiring you to stop moving and wait for the cursor to cycle up to 1 to see where you are which in my case anyway tends to drastically slow me down.
    Hi shadowscrawl. Am sorry it annoys you. Theres a setting called Caret Color in settings menu which changes the caret color. Please change the color to any other color and save it. Now if you open any script files the caret color will be updated. It wont update for the already open files until you close the tab and reopen it. That means you dont have to fully exit Unreal X-Editor. Just close the tab and reopen it.

    Here is a screenshot:


    Originally posted by shadowscrawl View Post
    would it be better to open ini files in a new tab in the main editor in the same fashion as standard source files?
    Yes i can make it do that but before that i would like to know, what if theres an option to toggle Always On Top? So that you can disable it if you want. Would you like to have that option added?

    Comment


      First off let me apologize if any of my original post came off rudely as I do not have incredible people skills and I know sometimes I word things inconsiderately. I really am very appreciative of the work you have put in to this outstanding editor and I honestly consider it the best UScript IDE available (That's why I use it over the others available right? :P)

      Thank you for pointing out the caret color option that totally fixed the issue was having with the cursor

      Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
      what if theres an option to toggle Always On Top? So that you can disable it if you want. Would you like to have that option added?
      That would work Perfectly though I still think for organizational purposes it would be nice to have some option to dock/combine the ini editor in with the source editor so that the ini files can be tabbed right along side the source files. Ultimately though that's more of a personal preference and I understand that implementing something like that may be more trouble then it's worth so that's totally up to you. I won't mind a simple always on top toggle at all

      that said I do have one last little issue I am running in to

      The ini editor seems to be picking up the text colors of my chosen source code color scheme (oblivion) but not the background color so that about half of every ini file is displayed with nearly white text on a white background. It can be extremely hard to read unless I change my color scheme back and forth depending on what kind of file I am working on

      Is there any way to change the background color for ini files?

      I added a picture so you could better see what I see



      Hmm upon further inspection the above issue seems to be a problem with the devexpress dark theme specifically (maybe others but I didn't go through them all and check) which is unfortunate since that is my favorite theme by a long margin.

      Comment


        Originally posted by shadowscrawl View Post
        First off let me apologize if any of my original post came off rudely as I do not have incredible people skills and I know sometimes I word things inconsiderately.
        no no no no...Your post was not at all rude. Dont worry about that.

        Originally posted by shadowscrawl View Post
        I really am very appreciative of the work you have put in to this outstanding editor and I honestly consider it the best UScript IDE available
        Thank you very much

        Originally posted by shadowscrawl View Post
        That would work Perfectly though I still think for organizational purposes it would be nice to have some option to dock/combine the ini editor in with the source editor so that the ini files can be tabbed right along side the source files. Ultimately though that's more of a personal preference and I understand that implementing something like that may be more trouble then it's worth so that's totally up to you. I won't mind a simple always on top toggle at all
        Good to hear that . I'll add a always on top toggle option in the next update. When the next version is released, update to that and see if the toggleable option fits you. If it dont and you really need the other option then feel free to let me know.

        Originally posted by shadowscrawl View Post
        The ini editor seems to be picking up the text colors of my chosen source code color scheme (oblivion) but not the background color so that about half of every ini file is displayed with nearly white text on a white background. It can be extremely hard to read unless I change my color scheme back and forth depending on what kind of file I am working on
        Am aware of this issue and it seems to affect only on some dark themes. I'll try my best to fix them.

        Comment


          How about weird compilation problem? Sometimes, when i press "Compile" button, instead of simple compilation, your editor opens UDK compilation window. Even after compilation is ended, and window is closed, your editor thinks, that compilation is still ongoing, and it is not possible to press any button on panels. Also, in processes, there is UDK instance, labeled like DualMode2, and it needs to be closed manually (otherwise, compilation is impossible).

          Comment


            Originally posted by lentinant View Post
            How about weird compilation problem? Sometimes, when i press "Compile" button, instead of simple compilation, your editor opens UDK compilation window. Even after compilation is ended, and window is closed, your editor thinks, that compilation is still ongoing, and it is not possible to press any button on panels. Also, in processes, there is UDK instance, labeled like DualMode2, and it needs to be closed manually (otherwise, compilation is impossible).
            Please try running Unreal X-Editor with Admin rights. As for the buttons/panels getting disabled, i can remove that in the next version.

            Comment


              Hello
              I have a big question concerning your Unreal X-editor.

              I work on a project on the UDK editor for a few weeks. I want to make, at the end, a standalone game.

              I've just discovered and download your unreal X-editor. My question is : How can I link my UDK editor project with Unreal X-editor to program ?

              My project files are in the UDKGAME files and all the game is made on Kismet, but I have to program a few things now.

              Can you help me ?

              Comment


                point the editor at your udk instillation directory in the editors settings

                Comment


                  As shadowscrawl said, simply point your UDK Installation folder (Make sure NOT to select any subfolders) inside Unreal X-Editor settings menu and click save. It will ask to restart the editor so simply press Yes and thats it.

                  Comment


                    Alright, after using Unreal X-Editor for a few days (after using WOTGreal for a while) I have to say this is a very nice IDE with a lot of potential, but I have a few suggestions already:
                    - Make the program save the assortment of tabs I had open. It is a hassle to start where I left off when I don't even have "where I left off" open.
                    - Also have it automatically load my compile settings and UDK Game settings. For me, these generally don't change when I have them set up. Yet as it is, I have to go through each and set "Load Compile Options" and "Load Game Options".
                    - Make the data type color customizable. Currently it is not, and the light blue color is kind of hard to see against the white background that I use.

                    None of these are that big of a deal, but they are areas for improvement.

                    EDIT: Ah, just came up with another. In the code explorer, nest the functions by the states that are in the code. Otherwise its hard to tell which function I'm looking at.

                    Comment


                      Hi friends
                      I'm a UDK and C# programmer.
                      as you know we can use break points in C# in order to debugging programms.
                      Is there any IDE for unreal script which allow us use break points?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
                        Alright, after using Unreal X-Editor for a few days (after using WOTGreal for a while) I have to say this is a very nice IDE with a lot of potential, but I have a few suggestions already:
                        - Make the program save the assortment of tabs I had open. It is a hassle to start where I left off when I don't even have "where I left off" open.
                        - Also have it automatically load my compile settings and UDK Game settings. For me, these generally don't change when I have them set up. Yet as it is, I have to go through each and set "Load Compile Options" and "Load Game Options".
                        - Make the data type color customizable. Currently it is not, and the light blue color is kind of hard to see against the white background that I use.

                        None of these are that big of a deal, but they are areas for improvement.

                        EDIT: Ah, just came up with another. In the code explorer, nest the functions by the states that are in the code. Otherwise its hard to tell which function I'm looking at.
                        Hi AutoBotAM. Good to know you like my IDE . I am currently working on all the things you suggested. By data type color you mean the words that come after "class" and "extends"?

                        Originally posted by aidin68 View Post
                        Hi friends
                        I'm a UDK and C# programmer.
                        as you know we can use break points in C# in order to debugging programms.
                        Is there any IDE for unreal script which allow us use break points?
                        Hi aidin68

                        Check these out:

                        https://code.google.com/p/unreal-debugger/
                        http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ger-Ini-Editor
                        http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2-NEW-Debugger

                        Comment


                          By data type color you mean the words that come after "class" and "extends"?
                          Indeed, as well as what comes after "var" and "local". Thanks for getting back to me!

                          Comment


                            Just came up with more improvements for this IDE after using it more:

                            - Every time I start the program and launch my game right away, it tells me that the scripts were compiled using 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Even if I compiled with 64-bit last time. And even if I click yes to the warning, nothing bad happens. The only way to get rid of the warning is to compile the scripts with my 64-bit setting again, and then it just says that no scripts need compiling. Seems like sketchy behavior to me.
                            - It would be nice to have "go to declaration" and "go to definition" right click features for variables, functions, and classes (like in Visual Studio). I keep finding myself trying to use it, only to be later bummed that the feature isn't in this IDE yet. The closest I can find is when I exclusively highlight a class after "extends" and right click, which brings up a "Open - Foo.uc and etc." dialog. This is getting there, but it currently only works if you highlight a class after "extends". Nothing else. So it seems like the functionality is already in there (for classes at least), it just needs to be expanded a bit more.
                            - It would be mighty convenient to have a debugger packaged into this IDE! (Yes, I know, there are other IDEs that have that... but it would be a nice touch for this IDE).
                            - It would be nice to have a "compile and run" feature tied to the F5 key (as well as other function hotkeys similar to Visual Studio)
                            - Whenever I move around the blinking cursor, it seems to take a while to "blink back", if you know what I mean. Its easy to loose the cursor with a white background. Making the cursor blink more responsive when moved would be a good idea. Although I've already gotten used to it either way.
                            - Autocomplete doesn't seem to work when I'm typing in function parameters or class members. In fact, all it ever seems to bring up are UnrealScript keywords. Was this intended?

                            I don't mean to sound like a butthurt, these are just suggestions that would make this awesome IDE all the more awesome.

                            Comment


                              Shortcut config saving still doesn't work for me.

                              I'm trying to change Editor shortcut from Shift+Enter, to something i never use, for example, Ctrl+P. But after restarting program, it still is Shift+Enter. And yes, i'm starting it with Administrator rights.

                              Also, Admin rights are not solution for native UDK compilation window.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
                                - Every time I start the program and launch my game right away, it tells me that the scripts were compiled using 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Even if I compiled with 64-bit last time. And even if I click yes to the warning, nothing bad happens. The only way to get rid of the warning is to compile the scripts with my 64-bit setting again, and then it just says that no scripts need compiling. Seems like sketchy behavior to me.
                                Sorry about that. Will fix it in the next version.

                                Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
                                - It would be nice to have "go to declaration" and "go to definition" right click features for variables, functions, and classes (like in Visual Studio). I keep finding myself trying to use it, only to be later bummed that the feature isn't in this IDE yet. The closest I can find is when I exclusively highlight a class after "extends" and right click, which brings up a "Open - Foo.uc and etc." dialog. This is getting there, but it currently only works if you highlight a class after "extends". Nothing else. So it seems like the functionality is already in there (for classes at least), it just needs to be expanded a bit more.
                                See this: http://wp.me/p2fInN-dU

                                Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
                                - It would be mighty convenient to have a debugger packaged into this IDE! (Yes, I know, there are other IDEs that have that... but it would be a nice touch for this IDE).
                                Yes it would be great for this IDE but frankly i dont know how debugging system works. If theres any standalone debugger out there i can probably simply add it in my IDE.

                                Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
                                - It would be nice to have a "compile and run" feature tied to the F5 key (as well as other function hotkeys similar to Visual Studio)
                                There is an option to automatically run the Editor after compilation is finished. You want me to add a Game option?

                                Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
                                - Whenever I move around the blinking cursor, it seems to take a while to "blink back", if you know what I mean. Its easy to loose the cursor with a white background. Making the cursor blink more responsive when moved would be a good idea. Although I've already gotten used to it either way.
                                See this: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31532900

                                Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
                                - Autocomplete doesn't seem to work when I'm typing in function parameters or class members. In fact, all it ever seems to bring up are UnrealScript keywords. Was this intended?
                                What you mean is IntelliSense which is way too advanced stuff. I hope to implement it sometime in the future.


                                Originally posted by lentinant View Post
                                Shortcut config saving still doesn't work for me.

                                I'm trying to change Editor shortcut from Shift+Enter, to something i never use, for example, Ctrl+P. But after restarting program, it still is Shift+Enter. And yes, i'm starting it with Administrator rights.
                                Thats very weird. If you are using v3.1.3 then configs should save properly. I just checked it and its working.

                                Inside the settings menu you go to the Shortcut Editor tab and click on UDK Editor in Treeview. Once you change it click on Assign Shortcut Key and click Save. Is this how you did it?

                                Originally posted by lentinant View Post
                                Also, Admin rights are not solution for native UDK compilation window.
                                Do you have UDK installed in C:\ Drive?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X