• Show
Clear All

ryanjon2040
    it's great!
    Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Saishy View Post
      Does this contain a debugger?
      Yup...It contains UDK Game Debug options. It also features UDK Editor DX11 Launcher.

Originally posted by foad.torfi View Post
      ryanjon2040
      it's great!
      Thanks a lot
      Thanks foad! But actually there is a bug in this editor now...please see this posted by omid:

Originally posted by omid3098 View Post
      I think I've found some bugs:

-when I open a file from hierarchy and change it, that will not save and this error appears: "Empty Path name is not legal".

-when i open a uc file(not from hierarchy), if I double click on another file "from hierarchy" and try to save, it will overwrite on my first opened file.

Comment

New update released. Its stable version.

Comment

This is looking great. Thanks for all your hard work.

Some of the features in the editor are quite tempting, but still not enough to pull me away from Notepad++. What's keeping me on Notepad++:
          -Tabs
          -Availability of light-on-dark color scheme, and color customization in general.
          -Text matching: I highlight a word, and the editor highlights all other instances of that word in the document.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your editor!

Comment

I have a problem.
            When I open any of my uc scripts a lot of the text is invisible. Only reserved keywords show up in blue.
            The rest of the text and signs, are invisible.

When I try to type new letters or signs, they are invisible as well.

Comment

@Vipar: try to change theme to a brighter one

Comment

Wow, considering how long other IDEs have been around compared to this one, it's quite a surprise that this got stickied already. Congratz, I guess.

Comment

It changes nothing about the text.

Comment

Originally posted by vipar View Post
                    I have a problem.
                    When I open any of my uc scripts a lot of the text is invisible. Only reserved keywords show up in blue.
                    The rest of the text and signs, are invisible.

When I try to type new letters or signs, they are invisible as well.
                    Thats weird...After reading this i tried it on my friends PC. It opens uc file without issues. Could you please uninstall and re-install and then run as administrator? If the problem still persists please report here. I will work on a update that features color customization so you can change the color of background.

Comment

Is there an option for changing the Ribbon bar into a normal, straight forward, plain tool bar? I find Ribbon bars incredibly annoying to use, especially when a plain old tool bar would give exactly the same functionality in a fraction of the space. My personal opinion is that Ribbon UI is one of the worst design choices, both visually and in terms of usability for any piece of software, especially ones which just have a handful of buttons.

One key example of why it's a step backwards from a normal toolbar, where both the buttons from the the main tab and the editor tab would be visible at the same time, is that copy/cut/past/undo/redo buttons are all very commonly used, but so are the compile/save/open/udk editor/udk game buttons too. Keyboard short cuts are used by many, but others rely on the toolbars for such functions and the Ribbon layout just adds frustration to the process, having to constantly and needlessly switch tabs when the buttons could all fit on a normal toolbar. And that's not even mentioning how much cleaner and less cluttered a normal toolbar would make the overall UI. I know you can hide the ribbon bar, but that's not exactly a solution when you want to use the buttons, is it?

Tabs would also be a must. Another much required features is to change the "Do you want to quit? Quitting will lose all unsaved changes. Yes/No." dialog to a "There are unsaved changes, do you want to save changes before quitting?" dialog. Small difference but the latter brings it in line with every other code editor around.

Overall a solid program with a couple of iffy design decisions. It would improve greatly with just these few suggestions

Comment

New Install. Same Problem.
                        With Admin too.

Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition.

Comment

@Vipar: I've updated the editor. Now update it and go to settings menu and change text colors there and let me know if it worked.

Comment

My opinion would be to improve including tabs each new class open as the other editors and compilers

Comment

Hi,
                              thanks for releasing this editor!
                              Keep going and it'll be the most used editor!

Comment

Downloading updates from the program does not work.
                                When I download the update, I get a zip file, in which there is an exe file.

I cannot pull the exe file out, and I can't extract it to a new folder. When I double-click the exe in the zip, the exe crashes immediately.

When I press the update button inside the application, it says "Update is ready to be downloaded!" but none of the buttons are highlighted, so I can't click them.
                                Even if I say no to get the update, the program downloads the update any way.

Please upload a new updated version of your program, since this update feature simply does not work for me at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X