will we see a release this month?
    next month

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
      Probably next month.
      Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
      next month
      Thats what you said last month you tease. :P
      I'm stoked, hopefully it's near the beginning of Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyben View Post
        Thats what you said last month you tease. :P
        hahaha ...am sorry for this delay. Next month i''ll surely update

Comment

v3.0 Class Search Functions

Again screenshots of v3.0. In these screenshots you can see the new class search functions in v3.0

In this example i have opened Actor.uc file. Once i select the word Actor and right click anywhere inside code editor i get extra 4 options.

When clicked on “Find files extended from Actor“, Unreal X-Editor will list all files extended from Actor.uc file. Double clicking on any name will open that file in new tab.

When clicked on “Find references for Actor“, Unreal X-Editor will list all references found for Actor.uc with line number. It will also show you the number of references found. Double clicking on any line number will open up that file in new tab and automatically navigates to the selected line.

When clicked on “Find usages for Actor“, Unreal X-Editor will list all usages found for Actor.uc with line number. It will also show you the number of usages found. Double clicking on any line number will open up that file in new tab and automatically navigates to the selected line.

EDIT: v3.0 is now available.
          Read Changelog
          Visit Download Page

Comment

Yeah how do you change the gradient background, it makes it harder for me to read the code.

Comment

Click the little weird button at the top next to 'Main', go into 'Settings', and uncheck 'Use Gradient Background'.

Comment

thank you very much.
                hope to replace this with ConText.

Comment

Man good job , but your Ide still missing one important thing(at least for me :0)) , i am unable to create folder or delete folder in class viewer.

Comment

Is it really impossible to implement tabulators ? (

Comment

Originally posted by nonder View Post
                      Is it really impossible to implement tabulators ?
                      That's one of my biggest problems with this awesome IDE.

Comment

I'm loving the new features. There's hardly any issues I have with it other than some of the ones I've mentioned before. You have probably mentioned that you can't do some of them, but I forgot which.

The 'Find Usages/References' feature feels kinda odd to me too. It only works with the 2 classes at the top, and you have to highlight them and right click which is alittle bothersome. I feel like this feature could be better implemented and maybe expand it to work with any classes in your code. Being able to find references to a variable in all classes would also be amazing. It would pretty much remove my dependance on Uncodex.

Other than that, here's my list of mostly old but some new.

Issues
                        -A way to change the Code Explorer so it shows functions in the order that they are in the class, instead of alphabetical.

-Have a way so your settings are still there when X-Editor updates.

-When your in the find window, make it so the Enter key hits 'Find Next'. It's just easier after you type.

-After every action, the cursor is black for 2 seconds then flips white 2 seconds. With a dark background, make the cursor start white after an action. It's really hard to see where it's at when your doing alot.

-When you try to open a file thats already open in X-Editor, it should select the tab of that file instead of opening a duplicate of that file

Possible new features

-Right clicking a class in the package viewer should bring up a menu with the following options: New..., Rename..., Delete, Duplicate.

-Improve navigation by linking to UC files through the text editor. In WOTGreal you can hold the ctrl key and click super/vars/function calls and it'll take you to the super class/var creation/function.
                        example:
                        class NewPawn extends UTPawn
                        clicking UTPawn would open(in a new tab) the UTPawn.uc file.

-Subversion support.

Comment

Originally posted by nonder View Post
                          Is it really impossible to implement tabulators ? (
                          Unfortunately yes.

I'm loving the new features. There's hardly any issues I have with it other than some of the ones I've mentioned before. You have probably mentioned that you can't do some of them, but I forgot which.

The 'Find Usages/References' feature feels kinda odd to me too. It only works with the 2 classes at the top, and you have to highlight them and right click which is alittle bothersome. I feel like this feature could be better implemented and maybe expand it to work with any classes in your code. Being able to find references to a variable in all classes would also be amazing. It would pretty much remove my dependance on Uncodex.

Other than that, here's my list of mostly old but some new.

Issues
                          -A way to change the Code Explorer so it shows functions in the order that they are in the class, instead of alphabetical.

-Have a way so your settings are still there when X-Editor updates.

-When your in the find window, make it so the Enter key hits 'Find Next'. It's just easier after you type.

-After every action, the cursor is black for 2 seconds then flips white 2 seconds. With a dark background, make the cursor start white after an action. It's really hard to see where it's at when your doing alot.

-When you try to open a file thats already open in X-Editor, it should select the tab of that file instead of opening a duplicate of that file

Possible new features

-Right clicking a class in the package viewer should bring up a menu with the following options: New..., Rename..., Delete, Duplicate.

-Subversion support.
                          Noted

-Improve navigation by linking to UC files through the text editor. In WOTGreal you can hold the ctrl key and click super/vars/function calls and it'll take you to the super class/var creation/function.
                          example:
                          class NewPawn extends UTPawn
                          clicking UTPawn would open(in a new tab) the UTPawn.uc file.
                          Right clicking on "UTPawn" gives you the option to open that file (You have to highlight the word first).

Comment

Hi,

great project!
                            There are only two things that make me cling to nfringe, yet:
                            First, there is intelli sense for methods. Since you already implemented this for classes I guess the next step will be methods
                            The second thing is, that nfringe has project files that allow startup customization for udk just like your UDK Commandline options. However I often have several UDK installations for different projects which I can manage with project files. I cannot do that with your editor, since it does not have project files. I know it is no necessity, but I have gotten very used to that feature.

The moment this is implemented I will switch to Unreal X Editor =D
                            greetings

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post
                              First, there is intelli sense for methods. Since you already implemented this for classes I guess the next step will be methods
                              I will definitely try my best.

Originally posted by FTC View Post
                              The second thing is, that nfringe has project files that allow startup customization for udk just like your UDK Commandline options. However I often have several UDK installations for different projects which I can manage with project files. I cannot do that with your editor, since it does not have project files. I know it is no necessity, but I have gotten very used to that feature.
                              You mean add support for multiple UDK Installations??

Comment

Yes, or just make it possible to use separate files for configuring the UDK Path and Launch options.
                                For example if I want to test different gametypes I could habe launch files for each gametype with specific launch options.

greetings

Comment

Working...
                                X