This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dark583 View Post
    Ok we got the issue resolved via the reloading but the flashlight could you be a little more in-depth about it. Is it looking for a certain object in the skeletal mesh for the flashlish or just the socket attached on the model? also what code still needs writing or adjust for the flashlight . thanks ahead! awesome job so far!
    For the flashlight to work you'll need a socket in your Weapon Skeletal Mesh. Then you'll need a material for the light function. After that open the wizard, add the Material and set the flashlight values (cone values, radius, brightness) etc. Then attach the FlashLightComponent to your Weapon Skeletal Mesh using Mesh.AttachComponentToSocket(WeaponSkeletalMesh, 'SocketName') inside function PostBeginPlay(). In v3.1 or 3.2 I'll add the option to attach the sockets (It was my mistake i didnt included it already). I hope this helps

Comment

when can we expect the new version?

Comment

Originally posted by IllpIll View Post
        when can we expect the new version?
        Probably next month. Here is a new screenshot of v3.0. I have added buttons to some of the popular and useful tutorials.

ImageShack

Comment

Sweet deal. Can you explain the new window abit more? Whats the 'Submit' button do at the bottom of each category? Will it just create a new category for the user, or is it going to submit it to you and you'll update it for everyone?

Also, double clicking the function or variable in the Code Explorer will snap the code view to that function or variable, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyben View Post
            Sweet deal. Can you explain the new window abit more? Whats the 'Submit' button do at the bottom of each category? Will it just create a new category for the user, or is it going to submit it to you and you'll update it for everyone?
            Clicking submit button will open a new dialog where user needs to type his/her name, email and content and then send it to me and i'll update. But i have some other idea which am working on.

Originally posted by Kyben View Post
            Also, double clicking the function or variable in the Code Explorer will snap the code view to that function or variable, right?
            Yes, but you dont have to double click. Single click will snap the code view to that function.

Comment

Thanks so much for the IDE, it really makes udk feel complete to me. Can't wait till version 3.0

Comment

Still the auto Complete suggest only keywords, theres no jump to declaration/definition.

Hope you implement these stuff, I really could use something that is not VS, but theres no way yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AqusNovae View Post
                  Thanks so much for the IDE, it really makes udk feel complete to me. Can't wait till version 3.0
                  Thanks!!

Originally posted by mrseth View Post
                  Still the auto Complete suggest only keywords, theres no jump to declaration/definition.

Hope you implement these stuff, I really could use something that is not VS, but theres no way yet.
                  Hi mrseth...Unfortunately jump to declaration/definition is a no go. I have explained why in one of the above posts.

Anyway here is a new feature that many of you will like. I believe this screenshot says it all

Comment

ryanjon2040, all I can say is *wow*.

I use UDK on an almost daily basis now, and this tool has just been added to my arsenal. I absolutely can't wait until that "Open UDKGame.uc" gets added in. I'm starting to use UXE today, so I can be ready for it when the next version comes out!

Fantastic work thus far, and I look forward to seeing more from it!

Comment

Originally posted by DeejayKnight View Post
                      ryanjon2040, all I can say is *wow*.

I use UDK on an almost daily basis now, and this tool has just been added to my arsenal. I absolutely can't wait until that "Open UDKGame.uc" gets added in. I'm starting to use UXE today, so I can be ready for it when the next version comes out!

Fantastic work thus far, and I look forward to seeing more from it!
                      Thank you very much DeejayKnight ...I will upload few more screenshots soon.

Comment

Sir, your work is astounding. Barring any unforeseen issues that cause me to abandon it, I will make it a point to donate to the cause as soon as I am able. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

I was wondering though, what are the odds that we can get a editor gutter and (more importantly) Ctrl+Drag for text in 3.0? This is one feature that far too many IDEs fall short on (the gutter, anyway; most utilize text dragging). Visual Studio has been spoiling me for far too many years, and the ability to click the gutter to select a line, then Ctrl+Drag that line to copy is just something that I find very difficult to live without.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that your exception catcher/reporter is getting flagged and quarantined by Avira. ;(

Comment

Originally posted by Nekoyoubi View Post
                          Also, I just wanted to let you know that your exception catcher/reporter is getting flagged and quarantined by Avira. ;(
                          Oh come on....not againnn

Originally posted by Nekoyoubi View Post
                          Sir, your work is astounding. Barring any unforeseen issues that cause me to abandon it, I will make it a point to donate to the cause as soon as I am able. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

I was wondering though, what are the odds that we can get a editor gutter and (more importantly) Ctrl+Drag for text in 3.0? This is one feature that far too many IDEs fall short on (the gutter, anyway; most utilize text dragging). Visual Studio has been spoiling me for far too many years, and the ability to click the gutter to select a line, then Ctrl+Drag that line to copy is just something that I find very difficult to live without.
                          Thank you for the comment Nekoyoubi ...For the gutter and Ctrl+Drag...am working on them.

By the way....two more screenies

EDIT: See this post: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post30768335

Comment

Downloaded and installed the 2.6.1 version

Didn't read this 35 page thread, so sorry if already mentioned.

It looks great haven't started using it.

Got this error on opening UXE(using windows 64-bit Ultimate - i haven't updated windows completely) .

keywords in comments get highlighted( I see what u did there)

Also aren't there shortcuts for comment ,uncomment.
                            Would like to have them in the settings.
                            The default shortcuts could have been better. I did rather prefer the function keys like F5 F6 for compiling.
                            The auto-hide panels tweening could be a bit faster.
                            F3 for find works till the end of file but after that it shows not found. It should probably loop back to the start of file. Also I didn't see search back function like Shift+F3 in VS2010.
                            As far as i see this IDE is still in a very early stage of development. But nice work so far!!!
                            If u want to get a good reference for an IDE I would tell u to see FlashDevelop(http://www.flashdevelop.org/). It is an IDE for FLASH programming. It is **** fast and has all necessary features that a flash developer wants and cuts out all the unnecessary features.
                            That's it for now will comment more after using it.

Comment

Originally posted by chimera201 View Post
                              Downloaded and installed the 2.6.1 version

Didn't read this 35 page thread, so sorry if already mentioned.

It looks great haven't started using it.

Got this error on opening UXE(using windows 64-bit Ultimate - i haven't updated windows completely) .
                              Updating windows should get rid of that message.

keywords in comments get highlighted( I see what u did there)

I have fixed it. From v3.0, keywords will no longer get highlighted in comments.

Also aren't there shortcuts for comment ,uncomment.
                              Would like to have them in the settings.
                              The default shortcuts could have been better. I did rather prefer the function keys like F5 F6 for compiling.
                              The auto-hide panels tweening could be a bit faster.
                              F3 for find works till the end of file but after that it shows not found. It should probably loop back to the start of file. Also I didn't see search back function like Shift+F3 in VS2010.
                              As far as i see this IDE is still in a very early stage of development. But nice work so far!!!
                              If u want to get a good reference for an IDE I would tell u to see FlashDevelop(http://www.flashdevelop.org/). It is an IDE for FLASH programming. It is **** fast and has all necessary features that a flash developer wants and cuts out all the unnecessary features.
                              That's it for now will comment more after using it.
                              I've made many changes in UXE. I would greatly appreciate if you try v3.0.

By the way...shortcut for comment/uncomment is Ctrl+Shift+C.

Comment

will we see a release this month?

Comment

Working...
                                X