Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.5 Available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an excellent tool. I love the simplicity, and ease of use. Thank you very much!

I do have one issue which I don't know if anyone has pointed it out or not, but I am on v2.6.1.0 and oddly enough I seem to be having frame rate issues. I've noticed that the larger the script file that is open the slower it gets. Its very frustrating and feels very sluggish. Even a short little 100 line script will make it struggle.

I've also tried looking for the windows 7 aero default theme, but I do not see it anywhere, because if I recall I saw a post of yours in this topic showing it.

Thanks again for making this, great for non-programmers like myself :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Havoc89 View Post
      This is an excellent tool. I love the simplicity, and ease of use. Thank you very much!

I do have one issue which I don't know if anyone has pointed it out or not, but I am on v2.6.1.0 and oddly enough I seem to be having frame rate issues. I've noticed that the larger the script file that is open the slower it gets. Its very frustrating and feels very sluggish. Even a short little 100 line script will make it struggle.

I've also tried looking for the windows 7 aero default theme, but I do not see it anywhere, because if I recall I saw a post of yours in this topic showing it.

Thanks again for making this, great for non-programmers like myself :P
      Happy to know you like my Editor and Thanks for confirming sluggish issue. Will try to fix it ASAP.

Windows 7 Theme: (Is this what you were looking for?)

Comment

• Nice work so far.

Here is a few things I would like to see:

Intellisense/Auto complete similar to WOTgreal and other programming IDEs such as Netbeans.

Go to definition/declaration. I know you are working on this and can't wait for this feature.

Other than those 2 items, this is starting to become my replacement for WOTgreal. Once the intellisense/autocomplete is working like WOTgreal I am probably going to switch fully over to this. The setup process for this is so much easier than WOTgreal and switching from versions of udk is quick which is nice when upgrading to newer versions of UDK.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the next version release

Comment

• Originally posted by warlord57 View Post
          Nice work so far.

Here is a few things I would like to see:

Intellisense/Auto complete similar to WOTgreal and other programming IDEs such as Netbeans.

Go to definition/declaration. I know you are working on this and can't wait for this feature.

Other than those 2 items, this is starting to become my replacement for WOTgreal. Once the intellisense/autocomplete is working like WOTgreal I am probably going to switch fully over to this. The setup process for this is so much easier than WOTgreal and switching from versions of udk is quick which is nice when upgrading to newer versions of UDK.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the next version release
          Thank you warlord57.

Sorry to disappoint you but there will be no Go to definition/declaration function. By the way, next version will be released soon. I'll post some screenshots here in a few days.

Comment

• I found a bug in the editor. When i had 2 windows open (start page and a script file) and i tried to close the editor fully by clicking the x and was prompted with a dialog to either cancel or close all windows. When i clicked on close all windows nothing happens so i have to click cancel and then close out all open documents to leave only one open and then i amable to exit the editor since it no longer had to ask if i wanted to close all windows or not. I am not sure if you have already fixed it and i havent seen it mentioned anywhere in these posts. Other than that i havent had any other issues so far. I havent opened any large files yet so i am not sure i have the same sluggish experience that others have already reported.

Comment

• Originally posted by warlord57 View Post
              I found a bug in the editor. When i had 2 windows open (start page and a script file) and i tried to close the editor fully by clicking the x and was prompted with a dialog to either cancel or close all windows. When i clicked on close all windows nothing happens so i have to click cancel and then close out all open documents to leave only one open and then i amable to exit the editor since it no longer had to ask if i wanted to close all windows or not. I am not sure if you have already fixed it and i havent seen it mentioned anywhere in these posts. Other than that i havent had any other issues so far. I havent opened any large files yet so i am not sure i have the same sluggish experience that others have already reported.
              Hi warlord57...Its not a bug. You have to double click on "Close All Tabs" to close the editor. If you like to have it changed just let me know. I'll change it to single click from next version.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                Hi warlord57...Its not a bug. You have to double click on "Close All Tabs" to close the editor. If you like to have it changed just let me know. I'll change it to single click from next version.
                i think that one click is perfect two are too much

Comment

• Originally posted by ceora View Post
                  i think that one click is perfect two are too much
                  Consider it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                    Hello everyone...First of all am sorry for the late reply. I had some personal problems so didnt got a chance to login here.

Thank you very much pivotraze. I've updated my blog.
                    Anytime I REALLY love this editor for UDK

Comment

• v3.0 Screenshot

Originally posted by pivotraze View Post
                      Anytime I REALLY love this editor for UDK
                      Thanks pivotraze

Here is a screenshot of Unreal X-Editor v3.0

Comment

• Cooool ! can't wait for it!

Comment

• Wooo!!! Code explorer! I'm stoked!

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                          Sorry to disappoint you but there will be no Go to definition/declaration function.
                          Is that a no go on that feature forever or just this version? Whats the reason?

Comment

• the reloads, flashlight i can't get to work? any ideas no errors either at compile

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyben View Post
                              Is that a no go on that feature forever or just this version? Whats the reason?
                              maybe no go forever. Because at the moment i have no idea how to implement it. In future if i learn it then ofcourse i'll implement it

Originally posted by dark583 View Post
                              the reloads, flashlight i can't get to work? any ideas no errors either at compile
                              reload and flashlight is like code snippet. You will still have to write some code to make it work. I will improve the wizard in v3.1 or 3.2

Comment

• Ok we got the issue resolved via the reloading but the flashlight could you be a little more in-depth about it. Is it looking for a certain object in the skeletal mesh for the flashlish or just the socket attached on the model? also what code still needs writing or adjust for the flashlight . thanks ahead! awesome job so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X