This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Am sorry Saishy but its a limitation in the control and cannot be fixed. I know this is annoying but unfortunately there is nothing i can do to fix it.
    What do you mean? ______ does not support tab? how does that even work? D:

Shift + Tab works for multiple lines.
    Uhm, shift + tab does nothing. Or at least, does the same as tab.

Indentation works better like this:

I'll try to improve it.....The last time i tried destroyed the indentation completely.
    Noooo we are not going there.

Code:
    if (bSomething) {
         Your code;
    } else {
         Else code;
    }
    much better than

Code:
    if (bSomething)
    {
         Your code;
    }
    else
    {
         Else code;
    }
    And if u disagree ur ugly.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. UDK Forums was not loading properly for me

Originally posted by Saishy View Post
      What do you mean? ______ does not support tab? how does that even work? D:
      Tab is only supported by transforming it into spaces.

Uhm, shift + tab does nothing. Or at least, does the same as tab.
      Select 2 or more lines. Tab/Shift Tab works.

And if u disagree ur ugly.
      lol...ur funny . Ok i'll try to add indentation for the way you type. I tried to add it once but it didnt worked. Anyway i'll try again.

EDIT: Due to some suspicious activity i was forced to change my email account. So Registrations and Unhandled Exception Reports will not work at the moment. I will release a new update soon to resolve this.

Comment

New version available. See more info here: http://unrealxeditor.wordpress.com/2...eta-available/

Comment

First, this is the best editor around and thanks so much for having "Son of Obsidian" theme by default (it's my favorite for all languages!).

Now for the bug report...
          With v2.6, even after uninstalling, repairing, rebooting, etc., it always loads minimized and will NOT come out of that state no matter what!

I can't get into the program to try and update to 2.6.1 to see if it fixes it.
          This only started after I plugged in a second display for whatever that is worth...

Win7, 64bit.

Thanks for the great program!

Comment

Originally posted by Avengus View Post
            First, this is the best editor around and thanks so much for having "Son of Obsidian" theme by default (it's my favorite for all languages!).

Now for the bug report...
            With v2.6, even after uninstalling, repairing, rebooting, etc., it always loads minimized and will NOT come out of that state no matter what!

I can't get into the program to try and update to 2.6.1 to see if it fixes it.
            This only started after I plugged in a second display for whatever that is worth...

Win7, 64bit.

Thanks for the great program!
            First, Thanks for your friendly comment. Happy to know you like it.

For the bug: On the tray, you will see the Unreal X-Editor icon. Right-click on that icon and select "Bring To Front". If that option is disabled then double click on the icon itself. That should bring my program to the maximized state. Let me know if that worked.

Comment

Hmmm "Bring to Front" is nowhere to be found on that or any program's icon or preview window, but Maximize did make it full screen so I could actually download the 2.6.1 update. If you put it back into windowed mode by hitting the "Restore Down" button in the top right corner, it minimizes again.

The GOOD NEWS is that2.6.1 doesn't seem to suffer from this problem so far! Thanks!

Comment

So, AntiVir has a False Positive for Unreal X-Editor:

TR/ATRAPS.Gen is what is detects it as. I sent a False Positive report to Avira. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pivotraze View Post
                  So, AntiVir has a False Positive for Unreal X-Editor:

TR/ATRAPS.Gen is what is detects it as. I sent a False Positive report to Avira. Hopefully they fix it soon.
                  Yes its a false positive. I've also reported but no fix so far. Blog Post: http://unrealxeditor.wordpress.com/2...alse-positive/

Comment

Hello, I have one stupid question :]. How can i change output window color ? It is always black.

Comment

Originally posted by nonder View Post
                      Hello, I have one stupid question :]. How can i change output window color ? It is always black.
                      Hi nonder...At the moment there is no option to change output window color. But if you want it, just let me know and i'll include it in the next update.

Comment

Tab is only supported by transforming it into spaces.
                        I haven't got around to trying this IDE yet, but is there really no proper support for tabs? That's a real show stopper for some programmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoof View Post
                          I haven't got around to trying this IDE yet, but is there really no proper support for tabs? That's a real show stopper for some programmers.
                          Yes, I stopped using it as soon as I found that :c

Comment

Avira classified it as a false positive. I think it wont do it anymore

Comment

This IDE seems very promising but right now there are many major things that really have to be fixed :

- Firstly, the IDE is overall slowly and editing the code is laggy. There is a relatively long delay when you press a key and when the letter is displayed. This delay can make you loose a lot of time when you are common with quickly editing a code since you have to wait for the letters to display on the program.
                              - There is absolutely no tabulation support ! Even when you press the Tab key it's get converted to four Spaces. Again this is extremely annoying for people that are common with quickly editing a code since you force them to press four times the right arrow to skip spaces instead of one time to skip a tabulation.
                              - Those shortcuts to run the UDK editor, game, source folder are very useful but since I have masked this large toolbar to gain more spaces to display the code, each time I want to use the shortcuts I have to re-enable the toolbar and found the shortcuts, which like always make me loosing time. It would be nice if those shortcuts were smaller and permanently displayed near the URL links, on the left of the top bar.
                              - The auto-completion is a way too intrusive, whenever I want to edit a condition or a function it always display me a new and large code template to add and if I'm unlucky it's completely mess the code and then I have to redo. The auto-competition should be entirely deactivable since right now it is mostly making loosing time instead of gaining, and hell, time is money.
                              - The syntax coloration is bugged : When you comment a code with // or /* */, the key words like If ; Else ; function ; bool ; etc ... are still colored in blue.
                              - There is a huge need with customization

Now I don't know what is happening but when I launch the IDE it doesn't display anything. I mean the IDE is launching and I can see it on the windows bar but it's like minimized without any possibility to maximise it. Maybe because last time I closed I checked the case to not ask me for money donation ? :P

Anyway, interesting stuffs, really good skins and I wish the best for you.

Comment

Hello everyone...First of all am sorry for the late reply. I had some personal problems so didnt got a chance to login here.

Originally posted by pivotraze View Post
                                Avira classified it as a false positive. I think it wont do it anymore

Thank you very much pivotraze. I've updated my blog.

Originally posted by Hex0n View Post
                                - Firstly, the IDE is overall slowly and editing the code is laggy. There is a relatively long delay when you press a key and when the letter is displayed. This delay can make you loose a lot of time when you are common with quickly editing a code since you have to wait for the letters to display on the program.
                                Can you tell me which version are you using. Can anyone else confirm this?

- There is absolutely no tabulation support ! Even when you press the Tab key it's get converted to four Spaces. Again this is extremely annoying for people that are common with quickly editing a code since you force them to press four times the right arrow to skip spaces instead of one time to skip a tabulation.
                                I know it is annoying Hex0n but it will always convert Tabs to Spaces.

- Those shortcuts to run the UDK editor, game, source folder are very useful but since I have masked this large toolbar to gain more spaces to display the code, each time I want to use the shortcuts I have to re-enable the toolbar and found the shortcuts, which like always make me loosing time. It would be nice if those shortcuts were smaller and permanently displayed near the URL links, on the left of the top bar.
                                I assume you mean the Quick Access Toolbar. If this is not what you meant can you please post some screenshot of what you have in mind .

- The auto-completion is a way too intrusive, whenever I want to edit a condition or a function it always display me a new and large code template to add and if I'm unlucky it's completely mess the code and then I have to redo. The auto-competition should be entirely deactivable since right now it is mostly making loosing time instead of gaining, and hell, time is money.
                                - The syntax coloration is bugged : When you comment a code with // or /* */, the key words like If ; Else ; function ; bool ; etc ... are still colored in blue.
                                Thanks Hex0n. I think i already fixed syntax coloration bug and will be available in v3.0. Will post some screenshot soon.

- There is a huge need with customization
                                Can you please explain a little more.

Now I don't know what is happening but when I launch the IDE it doesn't display anything. I mean the IDE is launching and I can see it on the windows bar but it's like minimized without any possibility to maximise it. Maybe because last time I closed I checked the case to not ask me for money donation ? :P
                                I've sent you a PM.

Anyway, interesting stuffs, really good skins and I wish the best for you.
                                Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X