Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.5 Available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Saishy View Post
    Does this support subversion?
    Am sorry...i dont understand what you mean. Can you please explain.

    Comment


    • I guess he wants to know, whether there is some sort of revision control like Subversion, Perforce or Git (to name a few) included, so you can commit your code to a repository from within the editor.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Denara View Post
        I guess he wants to know, whether there is some sort of revision control like Subversion, Perforce or Git (to name a few) included, so you can commit your code to a repository from within the editor.
        Oh like that....Ok i'll try to include something like that from v3.0

        Comment


        • New version (v2.6) is now available. Read Changelog Here.

          Embed Selection Feature:

          Select some text –> Right Click –> Embed Selection:


          Type a name for your selection and press OK:


          The selected text is now folded with the specified name:

          Comment


          • Great update man!
            Loving the folding dots and new features. Makes my life alot easier. Thank you for making the changes I requested as well. This programs turning out pretty great.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kyben View Post
              Great update man!
              Loving the folding dots and new features. Makes my life alot easier. Thank you for making the changes I requested as well. This programs turning out pretty great.
              Thank you very much for your friendly comment Kyben. Happy to know you like my IDE.

              KNOWN ISSUE: I just noticed that in this version No-Ribbon UI and new commandlines are completely broken. That means if you run with “-noribbon” or “-noweb” or “-nostartupweb” will crash Unreal X-Editor on startup. A fix will be released soon. I apologize for the inconvenience.

              Ribbon-UI works fine.

              Comment


              • I agree with Kyben - great update; Especially the font-dialog.

                ...but I think I found a little bug - the "Close All Tabs"-Button doesn't work when closing the editor with more than one tab open. Sometimes it throws an exception, most times not.

                reropme

                Comment


                • hi ...
                  thanks for your great work ... i download it today ....
                  i see two important bugs ....
                  1- close all tab not working ....
                  2- comment line color is not true ...
                  see comment line in this picture ...



                  and my suggestion is add Ctrl + W shortcut to close tabs ...
                  thanks

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by reropme View Post
                    I agree with Kyben - great update; Especially the font-dialog.

                    ...but I think I found a little bug - the "Close All Tabs"-Button doesn't work when closing the editor with more than one tab open. Sometimes it throws an exception, most times not.

                    reropme
                    Thanks for reporting reropme. I will check it.

                    Originally posted by vahid67 View Post
                    hi ...
                    thanks for your great work ... i download it today ....
                    i see two important bugs ....
                    1- close all tab not working ....
                    2- comment line color is not true ...
                    see comment line in this picture ...


                    and my suggestion is add Ctrl + W shortcut to close tabs ...
                    thanks
                    Hi vahid67...Thanks for letting me know. I will soon fix that comment line issue.

                    I fixed that commandline crash issue (No-Ribbon UI now works fine). You can download the fix here or read the original post.

                    Comment


                    • Hey, I've created a list of most of the issues and feature requests, just to make things alittle easier for you.

                      Issues
                      -The name has to be exact in the package viewer search for it to show up. Make it so its not case sensitive and so that it finds whatever is closest to what you put in. For instance, UTPaw won't find anything, neither will utpawn.

                      -When your in the find window, make it so the Enter key hits 'Find Next'. It's just easier after you type.

                      -When your trying to find a word and there's none found, the message window appears behind the find window, keeping you from clicking on it.

                      -After every action, the cursor is black for 2 seconds then flips white 2 seconds. With a dark background, make the cursor start white after an action. It's really hard to see where it's at when your doing alot.

                      -When you try to open a file thats already open in X-Editor, it should select the tab of that file instead of opening a duplicate of that file

                      -When trying to open a file with X-Editor through Windows Explorer, it will try to restart the program instead of opening a tab.

                      -When you try to close the program with multiple tabs open, it asks "Would you like to close all tabs?" You have to click "Close tabs" A couple of times for it to work.

                      -Keywords within comments use the keyword color text instead of the comment colored text.

                      Possible new features
                      -It would be nice if it remembered what files were open the last time you used the program.

                      -Right clicking a class in the package viewer should bring up a menu with the following options: New..., Rename..., Delete, Duplicate.

                      -Code Explorer:
                      It's like your Package Viewer, but it shows all the vars and functions of a class in a list like so:
                      -myPawn.uc (collapsible)
                      --Variables (collapsible)
                      ---bGibbed
                      ---SpawnSound
                      ---WeaponSocket
                      --Functions/Events (collapsible)
                      ---PostBeginPlay
                      ---InCombat
                      ---SetWalking
                      --States(collapsible)
                      ---Walking (collapsible)
                      ----BeginState
                      ----Run
                      ---Stationary (collapsible)
                      ----blahblah

                      -Improve navigation by linking to UC files through the text editor. In WOTGreal you can hold the ctrl key and click super/vars/function calls and it'll take you to the super class/var creation/function.
                      example:
                      class NewPawn extends UTPawn
                      clicking UTPawn would open(in a new tab) the UTPawn.uc file.

                      -Subversion support.

                      Comment


                      • I found a problem with Embed Selections that have /* */ commenting inside. If you create it, open and then close it, it will close it to the first /* */ comment, not the End block.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kyben View Post
                          Hey, I've created a list of most of the issues and feature requests, just to make things alittle easier for you.

                          Issues
                          -The name has to be exact in the package viewer search for it to show up. Make it so its not case sensitive and so that it finds whatever is closest to what you put in. For instance, UTPaw won't find anything, neither will utpawn.

                          -When your in the find window, make it so the Enter key hits 'Find Next'. It's just easier after you type.

                          -When your trying to find a word and there's none found, the message window appears behind the find window, keeping you from clicking on it.

                          -After every action, the cursor is black for 2 seconds then flips white 2 seconds. With a dark background, make the cursor start white after an action. It's really hard to see where it's at when your doing alot.

                          -When you try to open a file thats already open in X-Editor, it should select the tab of that file instead of opening a duplicate of that file

                          -When trying to open a file with X-Editor through Windows Explorer, it will try to restart the program instead of opening a tab.

                          -When you try to close the program with multiple tabs open, it asks "Would you like to close all tabs?" You have to click "Close tabs" A couple of times for it to work.

                          -Keywords within comments use the keyword color text instead of the comment colored text.

                          Possible new features

                          -Right clicking a class in the package viewer should bring up a menu with the following options: New..., Rename..., Delete, Duplicate.

                          -Code Explorer:
                          It's like your Package Viewer, but it shows all the vars and functions of a class in a list like so:
                          -myPawn.uc (collapsible)
                          --Variables (collapsible)
                          ---bGibbed
                          ---SpawnSound
                          ---WeaponSocket
                          --Functions/Events (collapsible)
                          ---PostBeginPlay
                          ---InCombat
                          ---SetWalking
                          --States(collapsible)
                          ---Walking (collapsible)
                          ----BeginState
                          ----Run
                          ---Stationary (collapsible)
                          ----blahblah

                          -Improve navigation by linking to UC files through the text editor. In WOTGreal you can hold the ctrl key and click super/vars/function calls and it'll take you to the super class/var creation/function.
                          example:
                          class NewPawn extends UTPawn
                          clicking UTPawn would open(in a new tab) the UTPawn.uc file.

                          -Subversion support.
                          Thanks for the list Kyben. That will make it easier for me.

                          Originally posted by Kyben View Post
                          -It would be nice if it remembered what files were open the last time you used the program.
                          Recent files is already available in this version.

                          Originally posted by Kyben View Post
                          I found a problem with Embed Selections that have /* */ commenting inside. If you create it, open and then close it, it will close it to the first /* */ comment, not the End block.
                          I forgot to mention that Embed Selection will not work with /* */ commenting.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                            Recent files is already available in this version.
                            Oh, I meant when you close X-Editor, the tabs that were open are still open the next time you run the application. That suggestion wasn't from me, thats just what I interpreted as.

                            Comment


                            • Ahhhhh I'm trying to use this but the tab indent is driving me mad D:

                              Why does it converts all tabs to 4 spaces? When I press enter and it auto-indents I have to press backspace 4 times, when I insert a tab accidentally I have to delete 4 times.
                              Why it is not a single beautiful indent like all others editors? :C

                              Also two nice features I would like to see:

                              1- Click to go:
                              When you click on UDKWeapon it should open the file, this is so nice for reverse traversing the hierarchy :3

                              2- Shift-Tab to remove a tab indent.
                              In Notepad++ if you press tab you insert a tab indent, shift-tab removes a tab indent.
                              This is so beautiful because you can like select many lines and remove or add tabs :3





                              And finally, classes are not highlighted, why:

                              Unreal X-Editor



                              nFringe




                              Edit: Found a bug

                              When you close the if brackets it removes the indentation, but if you add an else statement it includes it again.


                              The else shouldn't make the line auto indent.
                              Also, the next line is indented twice.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Saishy View Post
                                Ahhhhh I'm trying to use this but the tab indent is driving me mad D:

                                Why does it converts all tabs to 4 spaces? When I press enter and it auto-indents I have to press backspace 4 times, when I insert a tab accidentally I have to delete 4 times.
                                Why it is not a single beautiful indent like all others editors? :C
                                Am sorry Saishy but its a limitation in the control and cannot be fixed. I know this is annoying but unfortunately there is nothing i can do to fix it.

                                Originally posted by Saishy View Post
                                Also two nice features I would like to see:

                                1- Click to go:
                                When you click on UDKWeapon it should open the file, this is so nice for reverse traversing the hierarchy :3
                                Am working on this and code explorer. If everything goes well, i'll be able to post some screenshots soon

                                Originally posted by Saishy View Post
                                2- Shift-Tab to remove a tab indent.
                                In Notepad++ if you press tab you insert a tab indent, shift-tab removes a tab indent.
                                This is so beautiful because you can like select many lines and remove or add tabs :3
                                Shift + Tab works for multiple lines.

                                Originally posted by Saishy View Post
                                And finally, classes are not highlighted, why:
                                Working on this too.

                                Originally posted by Saishy View Post
                                When you close the if brackets it removes the indentation, but if you add an else statement it includes it again.


                                The else shouldn't make the line auto indent.
                                Also, the next line is indented twice.
                                Indentation works better like this:

                                I'll try to improve it.....The last time i tried destroyed the indentation completely.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X