Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.5 Available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    @ryanjon2040 not sure if you are aware of this or if others are either but there is an IDE called Unreal Script IDE powered by Visual Studio which is downloadable from http://uside.codeplex.com/

    This seems to have a lot of features you may want to incorporate into your IDE.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Zer0Sum View Post
      This seems to have a lot of features you may want to incorporate into your IDE.
      It has a debugger and a lot of the VS default stuff, but also a lot of overhead due to that. What features in particular do you mean? (This editor already has the advantage over the VS one in that you can manually change where the UDK directory is and that it has an integrated update functionality.)

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
        It has a debugger and a lot of the VS default stuff, but also a lot of overhead due to that. What features in particular do you mean? (This editor already has the advantage over the VS one in that you can manually change where the UDK directory is and that it has an integrated update functionality.)
        Well it has the usual features you get in an IDE. It has a class view, error list, output window, you can place break points etc. What overhead stuff do you mean? I agree with the points you make about changing the UDK directory. I just thought the author of this program would want to know what other editors are out there and what, if any, features to add to their program.

        Comment


          #19
          What a nice editor. looking forward to have a stable version soon

          Comment


            #20
            I get this error when trying to update the editor. It's also had this popup for other things as well.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Saucy View Post
              I get this error when trying to update the editor. It's also had this popup for other things as well.
              I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I just noted this error and i fixed. Can you please explain the other things where this error comes up.

              Comment


                #22
                Hi, I loved the X-Editor, and I have a few suggestions:

                - how about the option to set the Launch parameter in the UDK Editor button? I think it's very useful, because I use that really often, like the -log paremeter.
                - how about not "FREEZING" the X-Editor when you launch the UDK or the Frontend? I do a lot of stuff on my code while I'm running the UDK at the same time.


                ps: did you took the Icon of the Frontend from Frets on Fire? xD


                Anyway, good JOB!

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Psyke View Post
                  - how about the option to set the Launch parameter in the UDK Editor button? I think it's very useful, because I use that really often, like the -log paremeter.
                  Wish people would read the suggestions that have been made already before repeating stuff. The thread only has one page for now.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Wish people would read the suggestions that have been made already before repeating stuff. The thread only has one page for now.
                    I was not in my home, I only had time to see the Images and the concept.

                    I apologize that.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                      I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I just noted this error and i fixed. Can you please explain the other things where this error comes up.
                      Ah I guess it was the same thing because I set it to auto update on start up! My bad!

                      I tried uninstalling it and downloading it again (assuming you updated the setup) but I still get the error. You said you fixed is the setup not updated?

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Saucy View Post
                        Ah I guess it was the same thing because I set it to auto update on start up! My bad!

                        I tried uninstalling it and downloading it again (assuming you updated the setup) but I still get the error. You said you fixed is the setup not updated?
                        No Saucy....I found few more errors and fixed them and i added some more features. I will upload the setup very soon. The reason was some DLL files was not properly installed.

                        EDIT: New setup available. Please see first post.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Thank you!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Hi. thanks for this.
                            I think I've found some bugs:

                            -when I open a file from hierarchy and change it, that will not save and this error appears: "Empty Path name is not legal".

                            -when i open a uc file(not from hierarchy), if I double click on another file "from hierarchy" and try to save, it will overwrite on my first opened file.

                            -Customizing "UDK Games" (for debug) do not use my "Game type". each time I run the game, it will change back to "custom". however it loads the map correctly.

                            -Compile script will close automatically. so we can not check errors.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by omid3098 View Post
                              Hi. thanks for this.
                              I think I've found some bugs:

                              -when I open a file from hierarchy and change it, that will not save and this error appears: "Empty Path name is not legal".

                              -when i open a uc file(not from hierarchy), if I double click on another file "from hierarchy" and try to save, it will overwrite on my first opened file.

                              -Customizing "UDK Games" (for debug) do not use my "Game type". each time I run the game, it will change back to "custom". however it loads the map correctly.

                              -Compile script will close automatically. so we can not check errors.
                              Thanks for pointing them out omid3098

                              Please check PM.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Does this contain a debugger?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X