Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.5 Available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i pressed the compile button
    it was the first time i pressed it after installing and working on a few scripts i got the window open, not since.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    just tried it 3 times and it worked as it should
    the unreal compiler window opened the time it stayed greyed out, just now i didnt see that window
    The Unreal Compiler window is not supposed to show up . By the way are you compiling via Jumplist or from the ribbon? Anyway, am glad you got it working...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just tried it 3 times and it worked as it should
    the unreal compiler window opened the time it stayed greyed out, just now i didnt see that window

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i closed the compile window myself after it had finished, something else i should do instead?
    After compile, check X-Editor Log Dock and see if it shows "All scripts compiled successfully.". If its there then the Ribbon should be enabled.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the latest version
    no warnings or errors

i closed the compile window myself after it had finished, something else i should do instead?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a bug report
    half the time the process is still running in the background after exiting
    pressing exit from the menu or the x in top right corner makes no difference
    windows 7 64bit
    Its a known issue from v2.0 IIRC. I thought i fixed it in an earlier version but it seems it dont want to go away. But i wont give up..i want to know why it happens and i'll surely fix it sooner or later.

also if you click compile everything is greyed out and doesnt seem to want to let you do anything even after its finished compiling
    hmm..that shouldnt happen. Which version are you using? Did you had any compile errors/warnings?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a bug report
    half the time the process is still running in the background after exiting
    pressing exit from the menu or the x in top right corner makes no difference
    windows 7 64bit

also if you click compile everything is greyed out and doesnt seem to want to let you do anything even after its finished compiling

its pretty nice apart from that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by madaboutagmes View Post
    Thanks, ill try adding the binding for the flashlight. Yes the default ammo hud is exactly the same, i made the weapons and got them working a while back but thought when i get round to doing a custom hud i might be able to sort out the ammo count.

I dont know much about code, but i have tried a few things but still no luck. Im sure its something to do with the utweaponplus class, as my other weapons which extend from utweapon - the ammo count is right. (just a thought)

The wizard is a great starting point for those who know very little about code like me lol
    UTWeaponPlus was provided by another member here on UDK Forums. I'll contact him and let you know soon.

Happy to know Wizard is helpful to you.

Originally posted by ProfZ View Post
    why i cannot use 64 bit compiler ??
    You need to add UDK Path in Settings Menu. If you are using a licensed version of Unreal Engine and have a custom compiler then you can select that compiler for use in Settings Menu.

Originally posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    Yes please!
    Added.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Because it is a different component. Unfortunately i had to change the class tree so it wont change appearance from next release. I can add option to change colors if you want.
    Yes please!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why i cannot use 64 bit compiler ??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, ill try adding the binding for the flashlight. Yes the default ammo hud is exactly the same, i made the weapons and got them working a while back but thought when i get round to doing a custom hud i might be able to sort out the ammo count.

I dont know much about code, but i have tried a few things but still no luck. Im sure its something to do with the utweaponplus class, as my other weapons which extend from utweapon - the ammo count is right. (just a thought)

The wizard is a great starting point for those who know very little about code like me lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Muuse View Post
    Here's another screenshot for you: ......
    Thank you veeeeeeery much Muuse. I really appreciate your help.

I noticed that the class tree was taking a bit of time. I think the more efficient way to do it will be to calculate the whole tree at first startup and cache it, and then only try to find changes from there on out. It seems that this is the way UnCodeX works.
    Am working on Class Tree.

And here's another request:
    An option to automatically reopen all the same files you had open when you closed the app last time.
    Maybe even at the same locations if it's not too difficult (i.e., the scroll positions). That way if I was messing with some function last time I closed the app, it will be the first thing I see next time and will help me remember what to do next.
    Sure thing. To reopen the same files is easy to do but the scroll position is something i need to think about.

Edit:
    Rearrange code tabs. I like to keep my own classes to the left, and open up Engine classes for study. When I create a new class it's stuck on the right and it annoys me
    I've added this but not sure why its not working. Need to dig in deeper.

Originally posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    why won't the white package viewer background change?
    Because it is a different component. Unfortunately i had to change the class tree so it wont change appearance from next release. I can add option to change colors if you want.

@madaboutagmes: Sorry to hear you are having issues. For the flashlight to work you need to assign a keybind to it.

Originally posted by madaboutagmes View Post
    How do i get the ammo to display correctly on the hud? (this is the same with the default udk hud)
    Is your default UDK HUD ammo count not working? And by the way in one of the future updates i'll improve the Unreal Script Wizard with more features....so be sure to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Ryanjon for your excellent editor, saved me a lot of time and hassle.

I have couple of questions

i have created a few weapons with the wizard extending from utweaponplus class (flashlight & aim) i have got the weapons working fine ingame with a little work but the flashlight doesnt work, is this set to a keybinding? to turn it on off? i have tried the code with enable flashlight but still doesnt work.

The main issue i have come across now is that i have set up the hud my ammo count stays at 0, when i run out of ammo it then goes to 30 and is empty, i think the reload is working when i request reloadweapon but it doesnt play the reload anim.

How do i get the ammo to display correctly on the hud? (this is the same with the default udk hud)

my hud code is -

/**
    * Copyright 1998-2012 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    */
    class GSHUD extends utHUD;

/**
    * Post render called after the scene has been rendered. Use Canvas to draw material, textures and text onto the
    * HUD.
    * @network Client
    */

event PostRender()
    {

Super.PostRender();

}

defaultproperties
    {

My inventory manager code :

class GSInventoryManager extends InventoryManager;

/**
    * Creates an inventory for the manager based on an archetype
    * @param utweaponplus Archetype of the inventory to give to the player
    * @param bDoNotActivate Do not activate the inventory
    * @return Returns the inventory that was created
    * @network Server and client
    */
    simulated function Inventory utweaponplus(Inventory utweaponplus, optional bool bDoNotActivate)
    {
    local Inventory Inv;

// Ensure the inventory archetype is valid
    if (utweaponplus != None)
    {
    // Spawn the inventory archetype
    Inv = Spawn(utweaponplus.Class, Owner,,,, utweaponplus);

// Spawned the inventory, and add the inventory
    if (Inv != None && !AddInventory(Inv, bDoNotActivate))
    {
    // Unable to add the inventory, so destroy the spawned inventory
    Inv.Destroy();
    Inv = None;
    }
    }

// Return the spawned inventory
    return Inv;
    }

defaultproperties
    {
    // Create the pending fire array
    PendingFire(0)=0
    PendingFire(1)=0
    }

any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing as usual... but I'm rather spoiled.... why won't the white package viewer background change? Works great for the class tree background when changing appearance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice work. i just notice this, really worth a try.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X