This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HornedBeast View Post
    So, out of curiosity, is this a kind of free replacement for nFringe with other tools built in too???
    lol no. nFringe has features which my IDE dont have.

Originally posted by jianjiang View Post
    Its really a good app. I have some suggestions :
    1. I hope it will support Chinese later.My Chinese comment is garbled.
    2. About Color settings , it will be better if I can use RGB to set color and export color settingsto local file.
    3. I have changed package viewer from right to left, but when I open app next time it still locate at right.
    4. A bug.When I open a file ,and press 'undo',text in the file will be cleaned.

Noted.

Comment

Is it possible to use Unreal-X editor to write script not for an UDK install but for a game made on UDK? I tried to enter using it for Red Orchestra 2 (UDK game) but it complains that it is not a valid install directory.

Comment

Originally posted by Leodido View Post
        Is it possible to use Unreal-X editor to write script not for an UDK install but for a game made on UDK? I tried to enter using it for Red Orchestra 2 (UDK game) but it complains that it is not a valid install directory.
        Nope Leodido. Unreal X-Editor can only be used with UDK Installations.

Comment

Thanks, awesome work you did there any way

Comment

Thank you so much for doing this!! We really appreciate it, ryanjon!

What language was this written in?
            And is there a chance you will release the code so we can tailor it to our needs or send me the code for personal use only. I just need it, so I can get on with my UDK project as a lot of editors don't quite do what I specifically need. If you've built this from scratch and you aren't buidling on someone else's work, I can understand, not wanting to release it, but if you are extending on someone elses code, then it would be nice of you to share it

Comment

I've been having a weird problem. Unreal X-editor doesn't always go down in a clean way if there's more than one file/tab open. The process is left running in the background even though the GUI disappears. It doesn't seem to be doing anything, so I won't even notice it unless I try to open X-editor again. Many of the files I need to open in tabs for viewing purposes are read-only since they are under version control (Visual Studio). It shouldn't be a problem, though, since I don't try to change anything.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
              Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
              System Type x64-based PC
              Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Comment

where is new version lol?

Comment

Originally posted by 3Dgalore View Post
                  Thank you so much for doing this!! We really appreciate it, ryanjon!

What language was this written in?
                  And is there a chance you will release the code so we can tailor it to our needs or send me the code for personal use only. I just need it, so I can get on with my UDK project as a lot of editors don't quite do what I specifically need. If you've built this from scratch and you aren't buidling on someone else's work, I can understand, not wanting to release it, but if you are extending on someone elses code, then it would be nice of you to share it
                  Thank you very much for the comment 3Dgalore ....This was written in VB.NET with a few 3rd-Party DLL files ....Well about the source code, am sorry 3Dgalore. I dont plan to release the source code at the moment.

Originally posted by ppe View Post
                  I've been having a weird problem. Unreal X-editor doesn't always go down in a clean way if there's more than one file/tab open. The process is left running in the background even though the GUI disappears. It doesn't seem to be doing anything, so I won't even notice it unless I try to open X-editor again. Many of the files I need to open in tabs for viewing purposes are read-only since they are under version control (Visual Studio). It shouldn't be a problem, though, since I don't try to change anything.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
                  Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
                  System Type x64-based PC
                  Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
                  Can you please tell me which version of Unreal X-Editor are you using? In v2.1 i fixed a issue where Unreal X-Editor runs in background after exiting.

Originally posted by IllpIll View Post
                  where is new version lol?
                  Will be released in a few days

Comment

Love the new look of your editor.

I would love to have the ability to choose which internet browser to open up when searching the UDN within your program. Better yet enable the ability to search the UDN website within your program.

Internet Explorer causes issues for my computer.

So you can see why I would love that feature.

Im a Fire Fox user =)

Comment

My version is the latest, 2.1.1.0 it says. I'm not 100% sure, but it would seem that the process doesn't get killed if there are unsaved changes when I exit the editor. It doesn't happen, however, if only one file was open.

Comment

Originally posted by thejaguarmma View Post
                        Love the new look of your editor.

I would love to have the ability to choose which internet browser to open up when searching the UDN within your program. Better yet enable the ability to search the UDN website within your program.

Internet Explorer causes issues for my computer.

So you can see why I would love that feature.

Im a Fire Fox user =)
                        You mean like this:

Originally posted by ppe View Post
                        My version is the latest, 2.1.1.0 it says. I'm not 100% sure, but it would seem that the process doesn't get killed if there are unsaved changes when I exit the editor. It doesn't happen, however, if only one file was open.
                        Thanks for reporting ppe. In v2.2 i will fix it. I would really appreciate if you would try version 2.2 and let me know.

Comment

[QUOTE=ryanjon2040;30345845]You mean like this:

QUOTE]

When I search a topic and select a link it opens up internet explorer.

One feature I love is the ability to login to the community forums within the editor. Not sure if its accidental but it keeps me 100% focused on creating content for the UDK =)
                          If I have an issue I can look it up within the editor and Bamm! Instant Magic lol.

Comment

Hello, I wanted to say you have a wonderful program here.
                            Sadly, though this is not all I am here to report!
                            There seems to be a bug when I try to search in the package viewer, for instance I want to find the Utpawn.uc, I type it in to the search engine and all it does is expand all the packages and scroll me to the bottom. Hopefully this is a quick fix, if you need any additional info please feel free to PM me.
                            I use 32 bit vista

Comment

Originally posted by Mdfransen View Post
                              Hello, I wanted to say you have a wonderful program here.
                              Sadly, though this is not all I am here to report!
                              There seems to be a bug when I try to search in the package viewer, for instance I want to find the Utpawn.uc, I type it in to the search engine and all it does is expand all the packages and scroll me to the bottom. Hopefully this is a quick fix, if you need any additional info please feel free to PM me.
                              I use 32 bit vista
                              Hello Mdfransen

At the moment, the search is case-sensitive. So if you want to find Utpawn.uc you need to type UTPawn (without .uc). Please refer the help file or follow this link: Online Help #PackageViewer

Comment

v2.2 is now available. Please visit Unreal X-Editor Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X