This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    No its not normal....Just one question...do you have that "Kindly Donate" dialog showing when exiting Unreal X-Editor?
    No, at least I don't see it. I have been testing.

1: Open X-Editor, close it. No keeps as process.
    2: Open X-Editor, open few files, close it with "Close all tabs". No keeps as process.
    3: Open X-Editor, open few files, Edit a file, Save, close it with "Close all tabs". No keeps as process
    4: Open X-Editor, open few files, Edit a file, Save, Run UDKGame with Unreal X-Editor launcher and compile scripts, clode UDK window,close it with "Close all tabs". It keeps as process.
    5: Open X-Editor, open few files, Edit a file, Save, Run UDKGame with my custom shortcut and compile scripts (not with Unreal X-Editor launcher), close UDK window, close it with "Close all tabs". It keeps as process.

Windows 7 x64, all updated, Unreal X-Editor 2.1 and UDK February.

Comment

Originally posted by ikifenix View Post
      No, at least I don't see it. I have been testing.

1: Open X-Editor, close it. No keeps as process.
      2: Open X-Editor, open few files, close it with "Close all tabs". No keeps as process.
      3: Open X-Editor, open few files, Edit a file, Save, close it with "Close all tabs". No keeps as process
      4: Open X-Editor, open few files, Edit a file, Save, Run UDKGame with Unreal X-Editor launcher and compile scripts, clode UDK window,close it with "Close all tabs". It keeps as process.
      5: Open X-Editor, open few files, Edit a file, Save, Run UDKGame with my custom shortcut and compile scripts (not with Unreal X-Editor launcher), close UDK window, close it with "Close all tabs". It keeps as process.

Windows 7 x64, all updated, Unreal X-Editor 2.1 and UDK February.
      Thanks for that detailed explanation

I fixed it.

Comment

Here is the INI Editor in Unreal X-Editor which will be available on v2.2

What do you think?

Screenshot

Comment

looks like a proper INI editor, don't know what one might need more in such an editor

Comment

Originally posted by thommie View Post
            looks like a proper INI editor, don't know what one might need more in such an editor
            Thanks thommie

By the way...i noticed two critical errors in Unreal X-Editor. One is, rarely you might see infinite loop of message saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." which forces the user to end Unreal X-Editor process via Task Manager. Second is, when running UDK Editor/Game via this editor will lock up Unreal X-Editor until you exit UDK editor/Game. Both will be fixed and a new version (v2.1.1) will be uploaded soon.

Comment

I found a problem with Word Highlight, I don't know if it has been posted.

The problem is when you select a number or a commented text, you can't see highlighted text:

Text with no Highlight
              [shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7339&d=1332795360[/shot]

The problems:
              [shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7340&d=1332795363[/shot]

[shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7341&d=1332795367[/shot]
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ikifenix View Post
                I found a problem with Word Highlight, I don't know if it has been posted.

The problem is when you select a number or a commented text, you can't see highlighted text:

Text with no Highlight
                [shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7339&d=1332795360[/shot]

The problems:
                [shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7340&d=1332795363[/shot]

[shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7341&d=1332795367[/shot]
                Its a issue ikifenix and at the moment am unsure whats causing this. I will let you know when i rectify it.

By the way a new update is available. Please see the blog

Comment

it is two important things that i can find in this editor
                  ctrl + Space
                  its seams that this editor has auto complete but I think ctrl+ space is really important
                  and
                  F12 for find deceleration like nfrings really required
                  in .net u have a perfect documentation for classes but in unreal script unfortunately there is no such a documentation and for that this feature really required

Comment

Sorry, my error was due to my error of wrong folder...

Comment

You, my friend are a hero!

Some people here, (myself included =(.) Dont really make tutorials.

Some others, give tips and solutions.

But you, YOU, went out and built an IDE! For US! Somebody give this man a medal!

Thank you sir, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by XXWeaponXX7 View Post
                        You, my friend are a hero!

Some people here, (myself included =(.) Dont really make tutorials.

Some others, give tips and solutions.

But you, YOU, went out and built an IDE! For US! Somebody give this man a medal!

Thank you sir, thank you!
                        Am flatteeeeered ....hehehe...

Comment

Unreal X-Editor supports debugging?
                          P.S. When you plan to release v2.2?

Comment

Originally posted by Craken View Post
                            Unreal X-Editor supports debugging?
                            Not yet. I want to add it but i have no idea how it works. If i get some help on that, i'll add them.

Originally posted by Craken View Post
                            P.S. When you plan to release v2.2?
                            Soon ...Am still adding some new things.

Comment

So, out of curiosity, is this a kind of free replacement for nFringe with other tools built in too???

Comment

Its really a good app. I have some suggestions :
                                1. I hope it will support Chinese later.My Chinese comment is garbled.
                                2. About Color settings , it will be better if I can use RGB to set color and export color settingsto local file.
                                3. I have changed package viewer from right to left, but when I open app next time it still locate at right.
                                4. A bug.When I open a file ,and press 'undo',text in the file will be cleaned.

Comment

Working...
                                X