Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great, but for some reason it's acting weird.

When I try to open it it shows up in my taskbar but no window comes up, it worked just fine yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
      This is great, but for some reason it's acting weird.

When I try to open it it shows up in my taskbar but no window comes up, it worked just fine yesterday.
      Strange...can you tell me which version are you using?

Comment

small thing, but whenever I open a file (from the Package Viewer) the scroll position is at the bottom of the file. In my mind it should be at the top of the file, but when I go to scroll the window (mouse scroll wheel) it throws it to the top, and then responds normally. this is probably a result of reading in the file, and then never setting the view position, or something like that to the beginning of the file. just a small thing, and not that major.

though right-click support for files opened with any method is rather distracting.

Comment

@gardian06: I think I had this problem before, editor window is minimized(strange kind of minimization!) or moves out side of screen.
          unfortunately I can not remember how could I fix this. but I'm almost sure its the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gardian06 View Post
            small thing, but whenever I open a file (from the Package Viewer) the scroll position is at the bottom of the file. In my mind it should be at the top of the file, but when I go to scroll the window (mouse scroll wheel) it throws it to the top, and then responds normally. this is probably a result of reading in the file, and then never setting the view position, or something like that to the beginning of the file. just a small thing, and not that major.
            Fixed that. Will be available on v2.1

Comment

Thanks, it is wonderfull.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                Strange...can you tell me which version are you using?
                The 2.0 beta

To me it seems like the window is there but not taking up any space, like somehow the window was resized to 0, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it's not working

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                  The 2.0 beta

To me it seems like the window is there but not taking up any space, like somehow the window was resized to 0, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it's not working
                  I've sent you a PM....Please check.

Comment

New Update Available. See Blog

Comment

Congratulations on the release! Some oddities I've noticed:

-Text matching doesn't highlight a word if that word only appears once in the currently visible text, even if there are occurrences of that word elsewhere in the document
                      -Text matching highlights completely obscure words in certain circumstances. I've noticed it happening to words in italics in the Turbo Pascal Revisited color scheme
                      -The 'Undo' command seems to delete the entire contents of a document if you use it when there's nothing to undo-- for example, when first opening a document

Is it normal to trigger text matching functionality with only a single click on a word? In Notepad++, it takes a double click, which is what I'm used to. If double-clicking is more standard practice for this feature (which I'm not in a position to judge), I'd switch to it. Otherwise, ignore this!

Thank you for all your hard work.

Comment

Hi Ryanjon,

Love the new editor! Version 2.0 was working well for me, although I think the app process was still running in the background after exiting (as you addressed in 2.1).

My problem:

After updating from 2.0 to 2.1, I receive the following Windows error on every program launch.

Unreal X-Editor has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...
                        I rebooted to make sure the old process was no longer running. Partial system specs:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64
                        Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
                        Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
                        Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
                        Let me know if there's anything I can do to help re testing.

EDIT:

I uninstalled the program, downloaded the full 2.1, and performed a regular installation. This worked.

So the issue I experienced seems to be related to the upgrade process only (.exe replacement).

Comment

Originally posted by TMichael View Post
                          After updating from 2.0 to 2.1, I receive the following Windows error on every program launch.

EDIT:

I uninstalled the program, downloaded the full 2.1, and performed a regular installation. This worked.

So the issue I experienced seems to be related to the upgrade process only (.exe replacement).
                          Me too, I had to uninstall and install new version for fix the same error.

Comment

Originally posted by Susramanian View Post
                            Congratulations on the release! Some oddities I've noticed:

-Text matching doesn't highlight a word if that word only appears once in the currently visible text, even if there are occurrences of that word elsewhere in the document
                            -Text matching highlights completely obscure words in certain circumstances. I've noticed it happening to words in italics in the Turbo Pascal Revisited color scheme
                            -The 'Undo' command seems to delete the entire contents of a document if you use it when there's nothing to undo-- for example, when first opening a document

Is it normal to trigger text matching functionality with only a single click on a word? In Notepad++, it takes a double click, which is what I'm used to. If double-clicking is more standard practice for this feature (which I'm not in a position to judge), I'd switch to it. Otherwise, ignore this!

Thank you for all your hard work.
                            Thanks Susramanian....
                            -Yes the text matching only highlights if its available in the visible text. I tried a few ways to make it work better but for some reason its not properly showing.
                            -For the text obscure. Try this...Change the color scheme then save and restart the editor. Then go to Settings --> Color Settings and change the color scheme to "Custom". Then change the word highlight to a lighter color. Please let me know if this worked.

I will fix that Undo thing in next release.

I made that Text Matching functionality for single click. I'll see if i can change it

Originally posted by TMichael View Post
                            Hi Ryanjon,

Love the new editor! Version 2.0 was working well for me, although I think the app process was still running in the background after exiting (as you addressed in 2.1).

My problem:

I rebooted to make sure the old process was no longer running. Partial system specs:

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help re testing.

EDIT:

Originally posted by ikifenix View Post
                            Me too, I had to uninstall and install new version for fix the same error.
                            Sorry for the trouble TMichael and ikifenix.....My bad. There was a unused DLL file which i forgot to remove in that new update.

Thanks for reporting.

Comment

Why does X-editor keep as process when I close it? Is it normal?

Comment

Originally posted by ikifenix View Post
                                Why does X-editor keep as process when I close it? Is it normal?
                                No its not normal....Just one question...do you have that "Kindly Donate" dialog showing when exiting Unreal X-Editor?

Comment

Working...
                                X