X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You want me to add a Game option?
    Indeed. Yes, I did notice the editor option, but I use the game feature a lot, too, so it'd be nice to have an auto-run feature for that.

What you mean is IntelliSense which is way too advanced stuff. I hope to implement it sometime in the future.
    Hmm. Well it seems that intellisense functionality for class members is already present in the code explorer. Its really just a matter of figuring out which class the programmer is accessing members from, then just display a mini "code explorer" as an intellisense pop-up. Figuring out which functions/classes the programmer wants seems to be inherent functionality to the "go to definition/declaration" code you've been working on But maybe its more complicated than that, I don't really know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AutoBotAM View Post
    - Every time I start the program and launch my game right away, it tells me that the scripts were compiled using 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Even if I compiled with 64-bit last time. And even if I click yes to the warning, nothing bad happens. The only way to get rid of the warning is to compile the scripts with my 64-bit setting again, and then it just says that no scripts need compiling. Seems like sketchy behavior to me.
    Sorry about that. Will fix it in the next version.

- It would be nice to have "go to declaration" and "go to definition" right click features for variables, functions, and classes (like in Visual Studio). I keep finding myself trying to use it, only to be later bummed that the feature isn't in this IDE yet. The closest I can find is when I exclusively highlight a class after "extends" and right click, which brings up a "Open - Foo.uc and etc." dialog. This is getting there, but it currently only works if you highlight a class after "extends". Nothing else. So it seems like the functionality is already in there (for classes at least), it just needs to be expanded a bit more.
    See this: http://wp.me/p2fInN-dU

- It would be mighty convenient to have a debugger packaged into this IDE! (Yes, I know, there are other IDEs that have that... but it would be a nice touch for this IDE).
    Yes it would be great for this IDE but frankly i dont know how debugging system works. If theres any standalone debugger out there i can probably simply add it in my IDE.

- It would be nice to have a "compile and run" feature tied to the F5 key (as well as other function hotkeys similar to Visual Studio)
    There is an option to automatically run the Editor after compilation is finished. You want me to add a Game option?

- Whenever I move around the blinking cursor, it seems to take a while to "blink back", if you know what I mean. Its easy to loose the cursor with a white background. Making the cursor blink more responsive when moved would be a good idea. Although I've already gotten used to it either way.
    See this: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31532900

- Autocomplete doesn't seem to work when I'm typing in function parameters or class members. In fact, all it ever seems to bring up are UnrealScript keywords. Was this intended?
    What you mean is IntelliSense which is way too advanced stuff. I hope to implement it sometime in the future.

Originally posted by lentinant View Post
    Shortcut config saving still doesn't work for me.

I'm trying to change Editor shortcut from Shift+Enter, to something i never use, for example, Ctrl+P. But after restarting program, it still is Shift+Enter. And yes, i'm starting it with Administrator rights.
    Thats very weird. If you are using v3.1.3 then configs should save properly. I just checked it and its working.

Inside the settings menu you go to the Shortcut Editor tab and click on UDK Editor in Treeview. Once you change it click on Assign Shortcut Key and click Save. Is this how you did it?

Also, Admin rights are not solution for native UDK compilation window.
    Do you have UDK installed in C:\ Drive?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shortcut config saving still doesn't work for me.

I'm trying to change Editor shortcut from Shift+Enter, to something i never use, for example, Ctrl+P. But after restarting program, it still is Shift+Enter. And yes, i'm starting it with Administrator rights.

Also, Admin rights are not solution for native UDK compilation window.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just came up with more improvements for this IDE after using it more:

- Every time I start the program and launch my game right away, it tells me that the scripts were compiled using 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Even if I compiled with 64-bit last time. And even if I click yes to the warning, nothing bad happens. The only way to get rid of the warning is to compile the scripts with my 64-bit setting again, and then it just says that no scripts need compiling. Seems like sketchy behavior to me.
    - It would be nice to have "go to declaration" and "go to definition" right click features for variables, functions, and classes (like in Visual Studio). I keep finding myself trying to use it, only to be later bummed that the feature isn't in this IDE yet. The closest I can find is when I exclusively highlight a class after "extends" and right click, which brings up a "Open - Foo.uc and etc." dialog. This is getting there, but it currently only works if you highlight a class after "extends". Nothing else. So it seems like the functionality is already in there (for classes at least), it just needs to be expanded a bit more.
    - It would be mighty convenient to have a debugger packaged into this IDE! (Yes, I know, there are other IDEs that have that... but it would be a nice touch for this IDE).
    - It would be nice to have a "compile and run" feature tied to the F5 key (as well as other function hotkeys similar to Visual Studio)
    - Whenever I move around the blinking cursor, it seems to take a while to "blink back", if you know what I mean. Its easy to loose the cursor with a white background. Making the cursor blink more responsive when moved would be a good idea. Although I've already gotten used to it either way.
    - Autocomplete doesn't seem to work when I'm typing in function parameters or class members. In fact, all it ever seems to bring up are UnrealScript keywords. Was this intended?

I don't mean to sound like a butthurt, these are just suggestions that would make this awesome IDE all the more awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By data type color you mean the words that come after "class" and "extends"?
    Indeed, as well as what comes after "var" and "local". Thanks for getting back to me!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, after using Unreal X-Editor for a few days (after using WOTGreal for a while) I have to say this is a very nice IDE with a lot of potential, but I have a few suggestions already:
    - Make the program save the assortment of tabs I had open. It is a hassle to start where I left off when I don't even have "where I left off" open.
    - Also have it automatically load my compile settings and UDK Game settings. For me, these generally don't change when I have them set up. Yet as it is, I have to go through each and set "Load Compile Options" and "Load Game Options".
    - Make the data type color customizable. Currently it is not, and the light blue color is kind of hard to see against the white background that I use.

None of these are that big of a deal, but they are areas for improvement.

EDIT: Ah, just came up with another. In the code explorer, nest the functions by the states that are in the code. Otherwise its hard to tell which function I'm looking at.
    Hi AutoBotAM. Good to know you like my IDE . I am currently working on all the things you suggested. By data type color you mean the words that come after "class" and "extends"?

Originally posted by aidin68 View Post
    Hi friends
    I'm a UDK and C# programmer.
    as you know we can use break points in C# in order to debugging programms.
    Is there any IDE for unreal script which allow us use break points?
    Hi aidin68

Check these out:

https://code.google.com/p/unreal-debugger/
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ger-Ini-Editor
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2-NEW-Debugger

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi friends
    I'm a UDK and C# programmer.
    as you know we can use break points in C# in order to debugging programms.
    Is there any IDE for unreal script which allow us use break points?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, after using Unreal X-Editor for a few days (after using WOTGreal for a while) I have to say this is a very nice IDE with a lot of potential, but I have a few suggestions already:
    - Make the program save the assortment of tabs I had open. It is a hassle to start where I left off when I don't even have "where I left off" open.
    - Also have it automatically load my compile settings and UDK Game settings. For me, these generally don't change when I have them set up. Yet as it is, I have to go through each and set "Load Compile Options" and "Load Game Options".
    - Make the data type color customizable. Currently it is not, and the light blue color is kind of hard to see against the white background that I use.

None of these are that big of a deal, but they are areas for improvement.

EDIT: Ah, just came up with another. In the code explorer, nest the functions by the states that are in the code. Otherwise its hard to tell which function I'm looking at.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As shadowscrawl said, simply point your UDK Installation folder (Make sure NOT to select any subfolders) inside Unreal X-Editor settings menu and click save. It will ask to restart the editor so simply press Yes and thats it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    point the editor at your udk instillation directory in the editors settings

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello
    I have a big question concerning your Unreal X-editor.

I work on a project on the UDK editor for a few weeks. I want to make, at the end, a standalone game.

I've just discovered and download your unreal X-editor. My question is : How can I link my UDK editor project with Unreal X-editor to program ?

My project files are in the UDKGAME files and all the game is made on Kismet, but I have to program a few things now.

Can you help me ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How about weird compilation problem? Sometimes, when i press "Compile" button, instead of simple compilation, your editor opens UDK compilation window. Even after compilation is ended, and window is closed, your editor thinks, that compilation is still ongoing, and it is not possible to press any button on panels. Also, in processes, there is UDK instance, labeled like DualMode2, and it needs to be closed manually (otherwise, compilation is impossible).
    Please try running Unreal X-Editor with Admin rights. As for the buttons/panels getting disabled, i can remove that in the next version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How about weird compilation problem? Sometimes, when i press "Compile" button, instead of simple compilation, your editor opens UDK compilation window. Even after compilation is ended, and window is closed, your editor thinks, that compilation is still ongoing, and it is not possible to press any button on panels. Also, in processes, there is UDK instance, labeled like DualMode2, and it needs to be closed manually (otherwise, compilation is impossible).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shadowscrawl View Post
    First off let me apologize if any of my original post came off rudely as I do not have incredible people skills and I know sometimes I word things inconsiderately.
    no no no no...Your post was not at all rude. Dont worry about that.

I really am very appreciative of the work you have put in to this outstanding editor and I honestly consider it the best UScript IDE available
    Thank you very much

That would work Perfectly though I still think for organizational purposes it would be nice to have some option to dock/combine the ini editor in with the source editor so that the ini files can be tabbed right along side the source files. Ultimately though that's more of a personal preference and I understand that implementing something like that may be more trouble then it's worth so that's totally up to you. I won't mind a simple always on top toggle at all
    Good to hear that . I'll add a always on top toggle option in the next update. When the next version is released, update to that and see if the toggleable option fits you. If it dont and you really need the other option then feel free to let me know.

The ini editor seems to be picking up the text colors of my chosen source code color scheme (oblivion) but not the background color so that about half of every ini file is displayed with nearly white text on a white background. It can be extremely hard to read unless I change my color scheme back and forth depending on what kind of file I am working on
    Am aware of this issue and it seems to affect only on some dark themes. I'll try my best to fix them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First off let me apologize if any of my original post came off rudely as I do not have incredible people skills and I know sometimes I word things inconsiderately. I really am very appreciative of the work you have put in to this outstanding editor and I honestly consider it the best UScript IDE available (That's why I use it over the others available right? :P)

Thank you for pointing out the caret color option that totally fixed the issue was having with the cursor

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    what if theres an option to toggle Always On Top? So that you can disable it if you want. Would you like to have that option added?
    That would work Perfectly though I still think for organizational purposes it would be nice to have some option to dock/combine the ini editor in with the source editor so that the ini files can be tabbed right along side the source files. Ultimately though that's more of a personal preference and I understand that implementing something like that may be more trouble then it's worth so that's totally up to you. I won't mind a simple always on top toggle at all

that said I do have one last little issue I am running in to

The ini editor seems to be picking up the text colors of my chosen source code color scheme (oblivion) but not the background color so that about half of every ini file is displayed with nearly white text on a white background. It can be extremely hard to read unless I change my color scheme back and forth depending on what kind of file I am working on

Is there any way to change the background color for ini files?

I added a picture so you could better see what I see

Hmm upon further inspection the above issue seems to be a problem with the devexpress dark theme specifically (maybe others but I didn't go through them all and check) which is unfortunate since that is my favorite theme by a long margin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X