This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    Im curious why IDE's opt to not support correct highlighting of the unrealscript macro language, I use it alot and its not very useful when I dont even get the option to highlight them manually. jEdit works great but when Ive got it setup for UScript it normalizes line endings removing whitespaces which isnt optimal for macros. The class tree is handy but I can add all *.uc files into a project in most other editors and it'll give me similar, infact with a custom glob I can remove all but the custom packages if I need to. Im going to continue trialing the various options available and I will let you know if theres a feature or bug Id like to see implemented/fixed
    Looking forward to your feedback

Originally posted by Scarfman View Post
    Can we have a none .rar install option because I can't get it to work.
    Use winrar or 7-zip to extract. If you still cant extract then let me know and i'll upload the setup directly.

Comment

It works and the admin bug is fixed too yay.

Comment

Just downloaded fix for win XP and dwmapi.dll error doesn't appear anymore. but if i open class file from Package Viewer window, right click menu and autocomplete function don't work.

By the Way i like your Editor and it's becoming my favorite.

Comment

It works and the admin bug is fixed too yay.
          YAY!!!

Originally posted by tno View Post
          Just downloaded fix for win XP and dwmapi.dll error doesn't appear anymore. but if i open class file from Package Viewer window, right click menu and autocomplete function don't work.
          Thanks for reporting tno...I will look into it.

Originally posted by tno View Post
          By the Way i like your Editor and it's becoming my favorite.
          Am so happy to know that

Comment

Not sure if it's been raised in the 16 posts for this thread, but just wanted to let you know that Avira Anti-virus detects this as a trojan. Not sure what you can do about it (maybe contact them and they can fix their patterns)
            Other then that, i love the tool.

Comment

Originally posted by David.Robinson View Post
              Not sure if it's been raised in the 16 posts for this thread, but just wanted to let you know that Avira Anti-virus detects this as a trojan. Not sure what you can do about it (maybe contact them and they can fix their patterns)
              Other then that, i love the tool.
              Thanks for letting me know David.Robinson

I guarantee you that my tool does not contain any Trojans. It's a false positive and i'll report this right now to Avira.

EDIT: Reported to Avira Team

Comment

In February's Beta there is now a new folder in Src labeled WinDrv. The editor is calling the Feb Beta installion invalid

Comment

In February's Beta there is now a new folder in Src labeled WinDrv. The editor is calling the Feb Beta installion invalid
                  Sorry i didnt knew that. Am still using November 2011 Build

I will fix this in the next update.

Comment

Hi Scarfman....I just installed February 2012 Build. I configured Unreal X-Editor and am having no issues. Can you please confirm you properly configured UDK Installation directory. If the error still shows, can you please send me a PM with screenshot of that error and the settings menu.

Comment

May I suggest?

This is a great IDE and I loved what you done with the intellisense but can you make a portable version of Unreal X-Editor? I tried to run this on my external hard drive but it just crashes. I tried running it as administrator as well it didn't work.

I'm doing this because at my school they don't allow privileges to install programs. I do have a laptop but it doesn't have a graphics card. My best shot is working from my home gaming computer. That was the beauty of notepad++ also is that its portable. I hope there can be a future installment for a portable version of Unreal X-editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerfarious837 View Post
                        This is a great IDE and I loved what you done with the intellisense but can you make a portable version of Unreal X-Editor? I tried to run this on my external hard drive but it just crashes. I tried running it as administrator as well it didn't work.

I'm doing this because at my school they don't allow privileges to install programs. I do have a laptop but it doesn't have a graphics card. My best shot is working from my home gaming computer. That was the beauty of notepad++ also is that its portable. I hope there can be a future installment for a portable version of Unreal X-editor.
                        Sure thing

I can make a portable version for you. I will make one and send it to you via PM when i get home.

Comment

AutoComplete is not working for me, am I doing anything wrong?

CodeHighlight and stuff works well.

Edit: One quick suggestion. If I try to open a file from UnCodeX and the editor is already open, it forces me to close it and reopen it wich is quite bad. Since I still love UnCodeX's View.

Comment

Originally posted by DennyRocket View Post
                            AutoComplete is not working for me, am I doing anything wrong?

CodeHighlight and stuff works well.
                            Autocomplete does not show when you open a script via tree view. It was a bug and i already fixed it. Am just waiting to see anymore bugs so that i can fix them up in v2.1

Originally posted by DennyRocket View Post
                            Edit: One quit suggestion. If I try to open a file from UnCodeX and the editor is already open, it forces me to close it and reopen it wich is quite bad. Since I still love UnCodeX's View.
                            I made the editor to run only one instance. I can change it but i dont think its necessary. Is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                              ...I made the editor to run only one instance. I can change it but i dont think its necessary. Is it?
                              nah, but it would be cool if the new files would be opened in a new filetab. So you can quickly add files via windows or UnCodeX.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                                Sure thing

I can make a portable version for you. I will make one and send it to you via PM when i get home.
                                sweet no need to hurry take your time. Btw, Epic should hire you. I love this app.

Comment

Working...
                                X